BoboFatt's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by BoboFatt, Dec 15, 2017.

1. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Idk but I like it.

2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

That's pretty sharp, but I have no idea if its real or KO. That said, I thought most of the KO stuff now had rub signs...

3. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    After a problem with purchasing a KO from a china seller, I ended up buying an authentic MP Megatron from a US seller. He is an amazing piece. I had been eyeballing a few G1 Megatrons to display with the MP. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on any. My wife found my original Megatron that I played with a as a kid. I much prefer having my personal toy to buying someone else's memories. Collection is starting to take shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I got rid of the bulk of my childhood Transformers, but my wife found these in a bag. Nice to see my old pals. I loved the minis because they could fit in my pocket and I could play with them at recess.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I broke the seal. I know this will be trouble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I was cleaning out my basement, looking for some stuff to sell, when I surprisingly came across some more of my childhood toys I thought I had gotten rid of. Also got a couple of shipments in...

I had been looking for a G1 Prowl. Actually had my eye on a couple. Glad I didn't pull the trigger. One of my favorites as a kid. I broke my top like many others but I'm only displaying it, so no big deal. Looking forward

[​IMG]

I've also been looking for a completed G1 Devestator to go with my MP size one. I didn't find all of them, but two of my constructicons are better than none. I'll still get the rest eventually for display, but these will do for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last update, I was able to get a beautiful G1 Red Alert. Paint and stickers are in great shape. Also go the anime colored MP version. His balance is incredible. I kept a lot of the instructions for my transformers as a kid. I'm glad I did so I could display a little something personal with each of my set ups.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I got the bug, literally and figuratively, spending money I shouldn't be. I know a lot of collectors like the Fan Toys insecticons, but I actually really like the Bad Cube take on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was able to trade some MOTU for a complete G1 Devy. I was surprised how close the Toy World color is to the G1.

I'm officially out of room on the one dedicated shelf I have for TFs. I'm packing some of my vintage SW stuff now, preparing for more TF goodness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    My original goal was to make displays of my favorite childhood TFs. I've officially got a problem now. I've just purchased a toy that I wanted, but never owned as a child, Sunstreaker. This may have open the flood gates for more purchases then I originally planned. MP Sunstreaker is a great piece and I was able to get a pretty minty G1 version. I don't see any paint wear or chips on him. He looks great.

I need some help though. My OCD is driving me crazy every time I look at the upside down sticker on his right door. Anyone on the boards remove and reapply stickers before? I found some videos recommending lighter fluid. Has anyone used this technique? Any videos or websites that have helped others successfully move stickers? I don't want to make things worse, so any help is appreciated. Once I get the stickers off, what's the best glue to reapply them? Someone said Elmers white school glue, but is there something better? Also any suggestions on how to glue just corners back down (see the red back panel for an example)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also finally picked up some acrylic frames to display the instruction manuals/character plaques. So I now finally have some of my character displays "complete" They came out just as I'd hoped. Thanks for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    Newest display, a minty G1 Tracks and a MP partner. The balance on the MPs continue to amaze me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    Got some 3rd party minis and am loving them.

[​IMG]

Also got a minty Thundercracker. Not a scratch or bite mark on her. I know some might think it sacrilegious, but I applied some of the unused stickers.

[​IMG]

After looking at all the MPs available, I settled on the Maketoys version and am happy I did.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master!

WOW what an awesome display! the tall tell signs of ko g1s are no changing color symbols or no markings. like star wars figures there should be a takara or hasbro mark with 1984 on his leg. also what 3rd party devy is that??

• Like Like x 1
  12. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    Thanks man. I've really enjoyed collecting TFs. I haven't really been purchasing items for my other collections, so it's nice to have something to "hunt" for again.

No markings on my Prime, but I did find this and it appears there shouldn't be - Is my G1 Optimus Prime legit?

As for the Devy, that's the standard issue V2 Toyworld Constructor. I don't have updated pics, but I did get a new fangled Jream insignia for him. It's a more toon accurate one that he doesn't have listed on his sale page yet. It does look better that the sticker I had on there.

13. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I had to make some room for new bots that should be arriving soon. So I took the opportunity to get Devy on his feet. His wobble always worried me, which is why I had him displayed on his knee. I feared that I was gonna wake up one morning to find him on the floor in pieces. Glad to say after a week, that has not happened. I did add his new Jream faction symbol and neck adaptor to give him that added touch of awesome.

[​IMG]

14. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    I've seen some collections in which the MPs are displayed in a rigid pose and they look fantastic. I know some folks don't have the space or ability to display their collection differently or they just prefer that look. However, with the amount of articulation and personality of these MPs, I prefer a dynamic poses.

Couple of new guys:

My original Powerglide with Richtofen (and his bum tail)
    [​IMG]

I still have my original Omega instructions. As you can see, I picked Gabe as my Omega. He looked closer to the toon OS I remember. I got a decent one. He does have paint app issues on his chest plate and they overcompensated his tightness on his hip joints, those are a little loose. Other than that, he's perfect.
    [​IMG]

15. BoboFatt

BoboFatt Active Member

Ebay:
    Newest displays, Wheeljack and Ironhide. I didn't own either as a kid, so none of the vintage items are mine. I was able to pick up ones that the paint still looks great, very minor yellowing and a little sticker wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got FT Grinder. Here he is in my best Pulp Fiction pose. That's my original Grimlock and instruction booklet from my childhood. I'm really happy with the Ocean waterslide faction symbols. Better than stickers IMO. All of my 3rd parties got a waterslide upgrade.

[​IMG]

I'll start updating the first post to show each display.

16. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

You have Astoria with Powerglide !!!!

That is awesome

• Like Like x 1