Heavy/Scratch: BM Rattrap, finally

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Apr 12, 2009.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I finally finished my BM Rattrap. It uses parts from the origonal BM rattrap, BW Transmetal Rattrap And Digimon Lobomon.
    [​IMG]

This is the two sections, seperated. The robot mode is missing the arms and the rat is missing a tail. If I attached new arms to the bot mode it would be fairly accurate to the CGI robot but I wanted a transforming "deluxe" Rattrap so you end up with mouse kibble, for bot mode.
    [​IMG]

Here is the complete figure. the second picture shows the linkage used that the two pieces swing apart and then can be rotated into position for the opposite mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The robot head swings down, into the torso, for beast mode and the rat head swings down for robot mode. The rat head is from a Stikfas figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The wheels go into this position for beast mode.
    The robot chest is from the origonal BM toy with some added details for the side lungs/ribs? The robot head flips back with the original BM pivot but the head is from a Star Wars Transformer (the orange, jedi, triangular ship?). I removed the horns and cut the face plate into Rattraps visor/screen. The pivot point for the visor needed a second set of holes so it would sit closer to the head when flipped up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The toy had silver details that curved out and forward from behind the seat. The CGI had silver details that were on the hips. I also wanted the two-tone green, for the robot mode shoulders, so I painted lighter green/silver details on the hips that line up for the beast mode details and also are the shoulder colors.
    The rear, of the beast mode, is from the origonal BM toy (made as small as I could) with TM Cheetor hips and TM Rattrap legs. General Greivious hands are also attached to the legs for bot mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The,front and inner, beast frame work is from TM Rattrap (as are the Wheels) and the front rat legs are modified BM Rattrap legs. A Digimon Lobomon torso is the robot torso (with the BM Rattrap chest attached)
    [​IMG]

The front ,rat, legs fold up into the cavity that the wheels were in and the rat body hangs in a partially open state so everything can fit together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not perfect but I'm happy with how it came out. This was a real challenge figuring this one out. hope you enjoy it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Here's some additional photos.

Various shots of the beast body, unfolded.
    [​IMG]

The inner, red, channel is where the linkage sits and is connected to the pin at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty sweet looking MYFS :thumb 

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    This is pretty amazing stuff. I spend what feels likes hours double-taking between your custom BM figures to the ones Hasbro released. You're definitely doing some marvelous stuff here.

You working on anyone else?

- Alty

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Dang he is one fat rat. Love it