Heavy/Scratch: BM Megatron Arms & Stand

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Housewife2000, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Hi guys and girls,
    This is a stand and set of arms I've assembled for the caped Megatron figure from Beast Machines. I always loved the cape mode in the cartoon, and while I may be in the minority, I also like the voyager Megs toy. However, its lack of awesome arms and ability to hang from a huge cable controlling all of Cybertron, seemed like a missed opportunity.

Ingredients:
    The arms came from BM Deluxe Thrust.
    The "spinal brace" that wraps around the cape and connects the arms is made from BM Hammerstrike's legs and torso.
    I've screwed a piece of clear plastic to the Hammerstrike piece that hooks under the gap halfway down Meg's cape's back, whilst also pressing against the bottom of his cape to stop him tipping.
    The stand is made from a flexible LED lamp stand that I gutted. A combination of nails, wire and insulating tape fix it to the Hammerstrike parts. The lamp stand itself ends in a crocodile clip which is excellent for suspending Megs ominously from shelves, but can also act as a firm base if you weight it down (as I have done in one of the snaps below).

As a bonus, Megs himself is unchanged. I had considered using the Megabolt head and helmet so that a control helmet would be left with the arms and stand like in the cartoon, but I love the lightpipe in the original head too much. Also, I might paint the Hammerstrike parts to blend in - perhaps matching the Thrust forearms, but I'm in no hurry.

Attached Files:

2. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

I'm not into this version, but what you did does help Megs out considerably. You should build a small Citadel diaroma to hang him from. Pretty cool though.

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    okay, you've managed to do the impossible. Now I actually WANT trashcan megs......
    awesome idea and well done, I might have to get one of them megatrons and copy this.

Hats off.
    :bay 

4. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Love what you've done for him, awesome. I imagine he looks great suspended from a shelf with the clip.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

That is impressive. I like how you used some parts to make this custom exactly how Megatron looked in BM. Great work!

6. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

This is very awesome indeed.

7. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Holy cow that is awesome! Now I'm tempted to make one of those for my BM Megatron. It makes him look a lot more sinister, like in the show.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    bookmarked for later study... i have all those parts!!

9. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I made one like that a few years ago. Yours looks really well done. I like it.

10. landbasered

landbasered Well-Known Member

I like it.

YESSSSS...

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you did a great job trying to help out such a lousy toy. No offense to your work (as I really like it), but I think I'd just rather see a new BM Megs toy by this point, kitbash and/or scratchbuild . . . .

Thanks for sharing! :thumb 

12. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

Thanks for all the positive feedback - it's much appreciated!

I'd love to see Hasbro revisit Beast Machines in Classics/Universe/Generations in some way. It's an underappreciated line and it seems like a good opportunity to go back and perhaps re-do some of the less successful toys. Two figures I'd love to see are:

1) a new Deluxe BM Silverbolt with same kind of attention to samurai stylings as Drift and ROTF Bludgeon.

2) a Rattrap and Nightscream in scale with the other figures (ie scout sized - they could even be sold in a two pack like Ice Cream Skids/Mudflap. Give them a daft Rat-Bat homage combined mode and I'm sold!

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it's really cool that you're taking on customs from a series that others are overlooking in lieu of the movie and Classics. :) 

I never liked the Maximals, but I absolutely LOVE the Vehicons. Jetstorm, Thrust, and Tankor FTW!

(Tankor = Rhinox done right :D )

14. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

I thought of using one of my many deluxe BB's for the arms, but thrust's work A LOT better!

15. Sunbeetlax

Sunbeetlax Member

Awesome! Take that,1997 Hasbro!