Digibash: Blueshift's Botcon Set Concepts

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Blueshift, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Blueshift

Blueshift Well-Known Member

I've been inspired by Whitemocha's old Botcon exclusives thread at http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/240499-botcon-2010-ideas-digibashes.html

He said I could use the same format as him, which seems to be the best way to present it, so now I present my Botcon set concepts!

I'm following as much as I can the following rules. Botcon have shown themselves to be showing a bit more flexibility as of late, so I'm not restricting myself to molds that have already been used by them, since they've started to reuse them.

- A box set containing mostly deluxes with one to two voyagers / ultras (or a similar 'currency') and a minimum of two remolded heads.
    - Two souvenir backs containing three deluxes and one voyager / ultra.
    - One deluxe-sized attendee freebie figure.
    - No more than four remolded heads between the box sets and attendee figures.

Most of the photos were used from seibertron.com's galleries.

Set #1: "Die Transformers, Die!"

This set is a tribute to the wild and wacky world of the German Transformers Comic-Magazin. Published towards the tail-end of G1, it featured some extremely colourful covers and even some new characters. This is an attempt to both celebrate this rather strange continuity and give life to original G1 characters who have never seen the light of day before. Read more about it here: Transformers Comic-Magazin - Transformers Wiki

Story: OPTIMUS PRIME is mysteriously missing! The Autobots left at the Ark: CLOCKWISE, BLACKCAT, HORSEHEAD, STEALTH and GROUNDSHAKER must use the DIMENSIONAL BRIDGE to search all of time and space for their lost leader, with the help of the Autobot leader on Cybertron, RODIMUS PRIME. But the evil joint Decepticon leader MEGATRON has his own forces and will use every means at his disposal to stop them! With help from his time-travelling counterpart GALVATRON, he is tracking down Optimus together with his minion FUNBACK and the Junkion mercenary GRAAGH!

(Yes, the title is a Simpsons joke)

[​IMG]

The Box Set contents:
    Optimus Prime (from WFC Soundwave; remolded head. Chest 'windows' are a paint application)
    Tommy Kennedy (from Human Alliance Sam Witwicky)
    Stealth (from Generations Scourge; new head)
    Clockwise (from Universe Hound)
    Blackcat (from Universe Ravage)
    Horsehead (from PCC Smolder; new head)
    Funback (from Cybertron Undermine)
    Megatron (from Classics Megatron)

All the characters probably need some explanation.

Stealth is a character from the text stories. I made Stealth a stealth bomber since it seemed logical. He looks rather badass, don't you think?

Blackcat is a green Ravage from a puzzle page. Because I had a Ravage, I had to do a Hound recolour. Luckily the same page that had Blackcat also had an unnamed red-and-yellow jeep. I was going to call him 'Hot Dog' (Hound in HOT Rod colours, Hound=DOG, he comes with BlackCAT, HO HO) but then I remembered there was another character called Clockwise that appeared with no other reference, so Clockwise he became.

I made Optimus Prime a recolor/remold of Soundwave, because on just about every cover, Optimus Prime is modified from a tracing of Soundwave. Also on every cover there is a random small child, so I decided he should be called Tommy Kennedy, after the season 5 character. I'm assuming the human is seperate from the Human Alliance transformer.

Megatron appears in this orange / blue colour scheme quite a lot on the covers of the comic, and in the internal illustrations. It is also the same colour as the 'Safety Megatron' concept that Hasbro unveiled one Botcon, which was the only colour scheme in which they'd be able to reissue G1 Megatron in!

Horsehead and Funback are based on consistent misspellings from the text stories, of Hosehead and Finback. Horsehead is Smolder, with his combined mode head remolded into that of a horse. So he's a 'Headmaster' in that he has two heads!I'm assuming his minicon weapon can be separated mold-wise, the Japanese targetmasters seem to show this can be done.

Funback has some balloons tampographed onto his back, and his Cyber-Planet key is a fairground token!

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Galvatron (from Universe Galvatron)
    Groundshaker (from Energon Landmine)

Attendee set #2:
    Rodimus (from Classics Rodimus)
    GRAAGH! (from Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar; new head)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Gerhaxus (from Classics Starscream)

Rodimus and Galvatron are coloured after their appearances on the cover of issue 13.

Gerhaxus is modelled after a Jhiaxus-coloured jet in issue 18.

Groundshaker, who was supposed to be an Ultra Pretender is a text-story character. I decided he should be a recolor of Landmine in Micromaster Groundshaker colors, since Landmine is one of the few Transformers with an 'armor-up' concept even though he'd been used before. If I owned an actual Landmine I'd probably have found a way to insert a legends figure into him somehow and made him an actual pretender. Anyone know if this is possible?

GRAAGH! is a purple character which seemingly uses a Junkion character model who appears on the cover of issue 9 and 14. He is quite mysterious, I've decided he is called GRAAGH! because, well, he looks like it!

Set #2: "The Yomtov Factor"

This set is a celebration of the Marvel US Transformers comic, and of course the work of colourist Nel Yomtov. It includes a combination of some of his unique colour schemes, and some comic-only US characters who are in need of toys.

Story: MARVEL #81 - The war is over... or is it? GALVATRON is still alive, and has begun to gather an army of loyalists and opportunists, such as the backstabbing SOUNDWAVE, the overenthusiastic WIPE-OUT and the boastful FERAK. He has a plan - he will use the power of the Last Autobot to raise a new army! Because even gods can be conned. Only a small band of Autobots and rejects stand in his way!

[​IMG]
    Box Set contents:
    Wipe-Out (from Reveal the Shield Windcharger)
    The Last Autobot with Aerobot (from Vector Prime and Safeguard)
    Ferak (from Generations Scourge's alternate head repaint)
    Soundwave (from WFC Soundwave; new head)
    Wheezel (from Generations Kup; new head)
    Scrounge (from Universe Cosmos; new head)

Wipe-Out is Trypticon's little buddy who wasn't Full-Tilt. I painted the crest on his head white to homage his optic visor on the comic model - Wipe-Out - Transformers Wiki
    The Last Autobot is of course, the character from the last arc of the comic. My only failing was that I really wasn't sure what to do with the orange and blue minicon that I got as a result, and no character (apart from Prima) is blue and orange in Marvel US. I didn't really want to force a name on him for no reason, so... who else is a plane and blue/orange? HELLO AEROBOT!
    Ferak is the deadly Decepticon from US #17. I decided he should have the head of Generation Scourge's repaint, but since we've only seen lineart of that head, I've mocked it up the best I could. I made his body red for an interesting bit of contrast. Ferak - Transformers Wiki
    Soundwave is purple and has a mouth. 'Nuff said.
    Wheezel is a hobo from US #17. I've put some brown 'scuff' paint applications onto him to make him look more run-down. Wheezel - Transformers Wiki
    Scrounge is of course, the glorious Scrounge with his special hand. Why does he get a head remold when it could have gone to someone bigger, and Cosmos' head is mostly the same shape? Well he's SCROUNGE, he deserves it dammit!!

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Hot Rod (from Classics Rodimus)
    Crosscut (from Cybertron Menasor; new head)

Attendee set #2:
    Krunix (from Cybertron Override)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Backdrop (from Reveal the Shield Jazz)

Hot Rod and Galvatron are coloured after their comic appearances. I'm frankly shocked Hasbro or Fun Pub haven't done this yet, despite the amount of times these molds have been released!

Crosscut is the chap Straxus sends through the space bridge in issue 18. The Menasor mold actually fits him quite closely - he has one hand with three prongs and one with one, and a weird boxy look. I think the mold's transformation would fit his weird head too. I wasn't sure what to do with the Minicon that came with him, so he is called Successor in a nod to 'Crosscut's Successor' as he is named on the tfwiki! - Crosscut (Decepticon - Transformers Wiki)

Krunix is also known as Cyclonus II. He's a one-panel mistake character who got a new name when it was reprinted in the UK comic, though I went with Krunix here rather than have another Cyclonus. I went with Override because its a mold that hasn't got much use, the chest matches up quite well, and the head is reminiscant of G1 Cyclonus. - Krunix (G1 - Transformers Wiki)

Backdrop is a new character who is a homage to Nel Yomtov's practise of block colouring characters in blue. He is a quiet character who always stays in the background, and doesn't really do much. I did play with making him more attractive by giving him different colours, ie blue and silver, but decided that his whole reason to exist was that he was block-coloured!

Set #3: "This Sceptred Isle"

This set is a celebration of the Marvel UK Transformers comic, and in particular, giving toys to many characters who really need them! There were so many to choose from, I will probably do a sequel set at some point, there were a lot of concepts that didn't make it in.

Story: On Cybertron, Autobot resistance leader EMIRATE XAARON has recieved disturbing news from Autobot deep cover spy WARMONGER: the Decepticons have managed to locate the body of LORD STRAXUS in subspace, thought dead after his battle with Blaster aboard the spacebridge. A recovery effort is taking place on a deserted island deep in the badlands of Cybertron. IMPACTOR must cut short a training exercise with a number of rookies, including the mysterious Terran robot CENTURION, and stop the return of Straxus before it is too late. But what he does not know is that the rescue effort is being led by the renegade Autobot scientist FLAME...

[​IMG]

Box Set contents:
    Emirate Xaaron (from Generations Perceptor; new head)
    Fusion (from WFC Optimus Prime)
    Centurion (from Universe Onslaught; new head)
    Lord Straxus: Survival Mode (from Generations Darkmount)
    Flame (from WFC Megatron)

I wracked my brain for a while thinking of a suitable Emirate Xaaron mold - the character model seemed based off Megatron, however I had already chosen WFC Megatron for the more appropriate Flame, and other Megatron molds seemed too fiddly or too large to be Xaaron. I think the Perceptor mold works well actually, it definately has the right generic blocky look for Xaaron.

Fusion is a chap from one of the UK annuals. We only ever saw him in vehicle mode, where he was based on Optimus Prime's Cybertronian mode coloured blue. I extrapolated this a bit, and hopefully made him different enough from Prime. For a 'hi then die' character, Fusion's death really had an impact on me, so I'm glad I managed to include him. Fusion (Autobot) - Transformers Wiki

I love Centurion, he's brilliant, and all the stories he shows up in are classics. I didn't want to use this mold because it was used in last year's Botcon set, but it works so well and at the end of the day, I think choosing the most suitable mold is far more important than not duplicating molds year on year. After all, Botcon seems more open to reusing molds in subsequent years now. Centurion (Marvel - Transformers Wiki)

Lord Straxus: Survival Mode is of course based on Straxus's 'head in a bubble' look from the UK comic. Yes, I know he was green there because of the liquid he was bathed in, but to me, Straxus was green. I want a green Straxus. Here is a green Straxcus. Hasbro, give me a green Straxus, blue is just WRONG :(  Straxus (G1 - Transformers Wiki)

I was going to give Flame a new head, but was surprised to see how closely WFC's head actually matches Flame's. While I didn't copy his flame deco exactly, I did aim to try to replicate his look without using too many costly paint apps. In the end I think he only needed two more apps than WFC Megatron. Flame (Marvel - Transformers Wiki)

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Subsea with Fracas (from Universe Cyclonus and Nightstick)
    Smeltdown with Guttersnipe (from Cybertron Menasor and Heavy Load)

Attendee set #2:
    Impactor (from Classics Megatron; new head)
    Warmonger (from Generations Thrust)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Avatar of Primus (from Generations Perceptor; new head)

Subsea was one of the Autobot rookies who went into the Underworld as part of an initiation rite. He didn't last long. He seems to have Cyclonus's head, so I made him into a Cyclonus repaint. He's supposed to be a submarine, but I envisage his altmode being air-and-water capable. As a result of the colour choices, I ended up with a rather nice Fracas too. While not a UK character, he did get a ton to do in the Marvel UK comics, which is more than you can say for just about every other Targetmaster gun. Give him to your Generations Scourge! Subsea - Transformers Wiki

Smeltdown is one of the mutants who live in the Underworld of Cybertron who kindly helped to murderise Subsea. Hey, what can I say, I really loved that story! He is a guy with flame-throwing nozzles instead of hands, and a nuclear furnace in his chest. Now, Smeltdown was in a black and white story so I went with a mainly black, with red, yellow and orange scheme (I didn't want to go with just red, orange and yellow since he'd look too much like Flame). As a result he does also look a bit like Omega Doom, but those colours seem to be impossible to replicate on that mold. Painting the middle part of his face red along with his eyes, I Was able to replicate his 'visored' look. I was left with a minicon as part of the mold. I called him Guttersnipe after the Timelines Mutant, even though he looks nothing like him. Uh, Marvel Guttersnipe anyone? Smeltdown - Transformers Wiki

Since I'm using Xaaron in the main set with a new head, it makes sense to colour him in gold and have him as the freebie as Primus / US Xaaron, since that head mold wouldn't be used again. To differentiate him, I envisage this one in metallic gold / chrome, although I wasn't able to show that THAT well via photoshop.

Impactor! Everyone loves Impactor! The Classics Megatron mold actually works quite well as Impactor, better than Megatron (since Megatron has, y'know, TWO hands). I removed the paint app from his chest, and painted his shoulders (not sure if that piece CAN be painted, otherwise it is yellow not purple), his stomach and his crotch. Not bad, I thought! Impactor - Transformers Wiki

Warmonger is another of the characters I really liked from the latter days of the UK comic. He was a deep cover Autobot spy. On one wing I put a normal Decepticon insignia, but on the other I put an Autobot rubsign so you can see his real SECRET allegiance! Warmonger again, was a black and white character, so I went with a cream/brown look, from the Thrust mold. Again, I like it. He mongs wars. Warmonger - Transformers Wiki

Set #4: "A Fistful of Shanix"

This set is an opportunity to give some very obscure characters some toys - every character here was never given a name! The title, of course, is a reference to 'The Man With No Name' (or mech, I'd imagine). Some of these guys got a lot of time in the comics or on screen, some didn't. Most of you won't recognise all of them straight away, but Botcon also do new characters. And to those who don't recognise them, an obscure character may as well be a new one! Everyone's a winner! I love mad obscure stuff, so it was a nice challenge to try to give some of these guys toys.

Story: The history of Cybertron is full of tales of legendary heroes. But whilst history did not recall the names of everyone, their deeds are no less important, no less heroic or terrible. This is the story of one of the earliest missions of the secret Autobot squad known as RESCUE FORCE. Their speciality was in stealth missions - they did not go in with guns blazing, but instead worked silently behind the scenes. Their leader, known only as 'JET' is the most well known; many have heard of the exploits of the Autobot powerhouse known as 'BIG RED', and of course there was 'THE STUDENT', whose fixation on forbidden knowledge would lead him down a dark path.

As Cybertron fell deeper into civil war, they were sent on their most dangerous mission yet - Megatron's predecessor, the EARLY DECEPTICON LEADER known as MALIGNUS has returned, gathering a force. And beneath the surface of their homeworld he has discovered a buried MAN OF IRON, who may house secrets that could change the course of the war...

[​IMG]

The Box Set contents:
    The Student (from Universe Cyclonus; remolded head.)
    Big Red (from Cybertron Mudflap)
    Jet (from Generations Scourge's remold)
    Well-Armed Decepticon Bully (from RTS Thunderwing; new head)
    Sidearm (from Universe Nightstick)
    Enemy (from RTS Rumble)
    Minion (from RTS Rumble)

The Student is the student of Rodimus Prime from the Marvel UK story Aspects of Evil. He had rather a big role there and made a big impression on me as a kid, but never got a name. The original story was in black and white; I took the colour scheme from the Mosaic that I wrote and coloured about him (read it here, plug plug - transformers-mosaic's deviantART gallery ). For some reason I always pictured him in that colour scheme, though I can't remember if he was ever shown like that in the colour 'this issue' box in the comic. Student - Transformers Wiki

Big Red is the reason this set exists. Monzo requested him, I found a perfect mold. He pops up in the first issue of Marvel's The Transformers, crushing planes with his bare hands! Big Red - Transformers Wiki

Jet is the Rescue Force Jet, a recolour of Leozak. I was going to make him a recolour of Energon Starscream to match the previous Botcon Leozak, but the new Scourge remold is so obviously going to be him I might as well use that! Before you ask, his black and white stripes would be on his back, on the wings. Rescue Force jet - Transformers Wiki

Well-Armed Decepticon Bully is the chap who beats up Outback in 'The Harder They Die' and then gets killed by Prime. Again, another character that had a disproportionate impact on me as a kid (plus he looks neat). Well-armed Decepticon bully - Transformers Wiki

Sidearm came about because he's on the same mold as the Cyclonus mold that I used for The Student. It seemed to be more fitting to give him to the guy who's supposed to be 'well-armed'. I gave him a generic name to fit the rest of the set.

Enemy is one of my favourite obscure characters. He's a diaclone cassette who got two pieces of G1 merchandise based on him back in the 80s. I made a Mosaic about him too, plug plug ( The Last Enemy by *Transformers-Mosaic on deviantART ). Read more about him here: Enemy - Transformers Wiki

Minion is just a chance to use the Rumble mold to make some more troops, he's based on one of the orange cassettes from MTMTE, though I've used yellow instead of silver as his secondary colour because I felt it was more interesting. Image:GenericDecepticons MTMTE.jpg - Transformers Wiki

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Man of Iron (from Universe Inferno; new head)
    Navigator (from Generations Blurr)

Attendee set #2:
    Armada with Buckshot (from Universe Cyclonus and Nightstick)
    Early Decepticon Leader (from Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Marlboor (from RTS Wheeljack)

Man of Iron is from the story of the same name, which I'm sure most people at least know of - it appeared in both Marvel UK and Marvel US, and is a fondly remembered tale. I didn't want to use the Inferno mold, but was reminded that the only thing he has unique in the story was that he had a gun, and Grapple doesn't have a gun! I think it works though! Man of Iron (Autobot) - Transformers Wiki

Navigator is the briefly glimpsed companion of the Man of Iron. Both are very basic in both design and colour, so I tried to make them both unique. The Blurr mold lets me do that same strange head design and colour scheme, yet make him different enough. Really, I should have put this chap in the boxset for more colour variation and moved, say, Jet down here, but I really wanted a 'Man of Iron' two-pack! Navigator - Transformers Wiki

Armada is what I decided to call the strange Dirge-coloured Cyclonus that appears in FFOD. I nearly called him Dirgeclonus. I really dig his look though! Again, he came with a targetmaster as part of the mold. You can never have enough targetmasters, though he's not based on anyone either (no nameless targetmaster weapons that I could find, unfortunately!) Image:FFOD5 Decepticons attack.JPG - Transformers Wiki

Early Decepticon Leader is very similar to my GRAAGH! repaint I put in the German set, but he is so obviously based on a purple Wreck-Gar, I couldn't NOT! He even has the beard, and I love the mad, evil grin that he gained from Wreck-Gar. I've called him MALIGNUS here based on the Brazilian line. I think he ended up looking different enough from GRAAGH! Early Decepticon leader - Transformers Wiki

Marlboor is based on Marlboor Wheeljack, who popped up in the comics in background cameos too. I gave him a combination of the comic and toy colours. He has a 'cheating' visor like RID Bludgeon, but from images, the eyes are so recessed it would probably work. In my head, he is a Decepticon who sells Death Sticks to Minicons :(  Marlboor Wheeljack - Transformers Wiki

Set #5: "Storm Over Avalon"

This set is a sequel to "This Sceptred Isle" as I attempt to fill out some more Marvel UK characters. Some may be very obscure, but hey, an obscure character might as well be a new character to the uninformed. And some are really cool! Give yourself a pat on the back if you recognise all these characters!

Story: The vile Decepticon rebel known as MEGADEATH lurks in the underworld of Cybertron, creating horrific transorganic monsters. Both the leaders of the AUTOBOT RESISTANCE and the DECEPTICON HIGH COUNCIL have decided he must die, and have sent separate squads to finish him off once and for all. The Autobots have sent the heroic STAMPEDE, the loyal TRITON, the master of disguise CHAMELEON and the fast HORSEPOWER to do the job. But Decepticon leader SEIZER has sent some of the worst of the worst Decepticons - FANG, EARTHQUAKE, TORNADO and MACABRE to both kill Megadeath and ensure the Decepticons reap the rewards of his research before the Autobots can. Which side will triumph, or has Megadeath one last gruesome hand to play?

[​IMG]

Box Set contents:
    Megadeath (from Cybertron Scourge; new head.)
    Macabre (from Energon Slugslinger; new head)
    Stampede (from Armada Rhinox; new head)
    Triton (from Energon Sharkticon)
    Chameleon (from Cybertron Clocker)
    Autobot Resistance Chief (from Cybertron Breakdown)

Megadeath is perhaps one of the strangest Transformer designs ever. Seriously. He came from the Marvel UK Annual Story 'The Magnificent Six' and was a real nasty piece of work. I forget who, but it was someone over on Wiigii! who suggested that I use Cybertron Scourge. I think it works well. Megadeath (G1) - Transformers Wiki

Stampede also appears in 'The Magnificent Six' and well, poor guy :(  It's a good story, you should check it out. With this figure, you get to complete your Classics 'Magnificent Six' along with Prowl, Jazz, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker and Inferno! He did look kinda cattle-ish but I used the Rhinox mold because there's nothing to say exactly what he is apart from the horns on his head. And hey, rhinos stampede! Stampede - Transformers Wiki

Macabre! Everyone knows the name of Macabre, killer of Impactor! Muahahaha! He had an extremely strange design, so gets the extremely strange and gangly mold of Slugslinger. *I* like that mold even if others don't! Macabre - Transformers Wiki

Triton comes from the non-canon UK story 'Peace' about the end of the war, and the Decepticon spy (Triton) who sparks it all up again. I really liked Triton, he died for what he believed in and he did his job! And he was a sneaky spy! He didn't get a new head because I was out of head remolds, but there's nothing to say he couldn't have had a battle mask, and the helmet design of Sharkticon suits him perfectly Triton - Transformers Wiki

Chameleon was a hi-then-die character from 'Deadly Games!' He had a power too, he could blend perfectly into any landscape. Sadly he couldn't mask his heat signature and so got killed to death. The Clocker mold is almost a perfect fit - the altmode is exactly right, and he has large arms, kinda. Chameleon - Transformers Wiki

Autobot Resistance Chief - Not much to say about this guy; a model of him appears briefly in Target: 2006, but it is always nice to have more high-ranking Autobot figures. I was going to use the Black Shadow remold of Thunderwing, but realised Breakdown's head fits him exactly, and what business does an Autobot have being a jet when he could be a car! Autobot resistance chief - Transformers Wiki

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Fang (from Crossovers Venom; new head)
    Seizer (from Cybertron Scorponok)

Attendee set #2:
    Earthquake (from Energon Demolishor)
    Tornado (from HFTD Terradive)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Horsepower with Playback (from Armada Sideswipe and Nightbeat)

Fang was a bit of a cheat since I'm not sure if the Crossovers molds are usable, even with new heads. Still, finding a mold for Fang was really hard, thanks to Nigel from TMUK for that suggestion! The vehicle even has a fang design! And yes, Fang's head IS that weird. Fang - Transformers Wiki

Seizer is one of the Decepticon Triumverate who ruled Cybertron for a while. I thought about doing his fellow members, but one turns into a dalek and the other doesn't have any discernable altmode or characteristics at all. Also Seizer was by far the best since he had big grabby claws. I really like how he turned out actually, probably one of the nicer ones I've made (though by some of the colour schemes, that wouldn't be hard!) Seizer - Transformers Wiki

Earthquake is one of the earliest Marvel UK obscure characters, a Decepticon criminal who undertook trial by combat against Tornado. He's big and bulky, in fact a perfect match for the Energon Demolishor mold (that mold is great for anyone apart from Demolishor in fact, who it was horrid for!) Seizer - Transformers Wiki

Tornado actually appeared twice in the Marvel UK canon. First he was an Autobot saboteur before the war, then he joined the Decepticons, tried to rebel, and was killed in combat against Earthquake! He looks rather lithe but generic, finding a mold for him was hard. I didn't want to do a third blue Cyclonus; I did start on using Octane, but decided he was too boxy, before finally settling on Terradive. He's a movie mold but doesn't look that movie-ish, and his weird face could be put down to battle damage, ala Bludgeon. Yay! Tornado (Marvel) - Transformers Wiki

Horsepower turned up to get chased by Nightbeat and murdered by Thunderwing. I read this story when I was little, and thought he was a real toy, but could never find him in the shops! Now, some of you will probably be upset I used the Armada Sideswipe mold, but the alt-mode is perfect, the head is perfect, and I actually genuinely really like it! He came with a minicon which I named Playback despite looking nothing like Playback. Perhaps it is before a rebuild, I don't know! Horsepower (G1) - Transformers Wiki

SET#6: My Little Transformers

[​IMG]
    Botcon: My Little TFs 1 by ~Blueshift2k5 on deviantART

This set is a but of fun, reimagining My Little Pony characters as Transformers. Now, for those of you late to the game, the idea behind these sets is that current Transformer molds are repainted (following plastic sprue patterns), with up to three new head remolds. Now, this causes some problems, since all these characters are female, and most Transformers are male. This is an 'inspired by' set rather than literally ponies as Transformers so no moaning that they don't all transform into accurate pony alt modes!

Story: Beyond good! Beyond evil! Beyond friendship! On the far off world of Equestria a group of heroic Autobots must survive a gauntlet of amusing everyday incidents. Can chief researcher Twilight Sparkle attend three different parties at once? Can Fluttershy overcome her fear of intercontinental ballistic missiles? And why is Rarity making dresses for giant robots? Luckily their commander Princess Celestia has the planet safe in her solar-powered iron fist.

Box Set contents:
    Princess Celestia (from Energon voyager Megatron)
    Twilight Sparkle (from RTS Perceptor)
    Spike (from Universe Warpath)
    Fluttershy (from DOTM Tomahawk)
    Rarity (from RTS Tracks)
    Pinkie Pie (from RTS Blurr)

Oh boy oh boy

Princess Celestia was a hard choice. I was thinking this or Powerglide, but Energon Megatron won out, because it looks more 'leaderish' and has a crown. I think it works, potentially I should have made her more white but that looked rather plain. Energon Megatron is primarily grey but with a mad mish-mash of other colours, I think this one unifies it more. Does it look like a princess though? Maybe a robot princess! as an Alicorn, she is a futuristic spaceship who also has a tank accessory, thus bridging all worlds!

Rarity could only ever be Tracks, the prettiest of Transformers. I actually like the purple and white scheme here and I could actually see this most as a 'real' figure. As a unicorn she has an unusual mode (Tracks car mode has flip out bits and pretty wing things).

Twilight Sparkle is also a techy altmode with flippy out things. The Perceptor mold has a nice bowl-helmet which matches her haircut nicely. It's probably a bit purple but I wasn't sure what else to do about that.

Spike could only ever be Warpath. I like him.

Pinkie Pie was the first I did. As an Earth Pony she is a car; I chose Blurr because he looks fun and fast, and the helmet is big and poofy like her haircut. She has FUN GUNS for shooting FUN, and a sniper rifle for long distance FUN.

Fluttershy is a helicopter; she can fly but not too impressively. I like the Tomahawk mold, it is slight and a bit gangly. I gave her a new head because the Tomahawk head was quite horrible. The other new heads go to Applejack and Rainbow Dash (who will be in the next set I upload)

[​IMG]

Botcon: My Little TFs 2 by ~Blueshift2k5 on deviantART

Attendee set #1:
    Applejack (from RTS Kup; new head)
    Big Mac (from Universe Onslaught)

Attendee set #2:
    Rainbow Dash (from HFTD Terradive; new head)
    Princess Luna (from Classics Astrotrain)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Derpy (from HFTD Terradive; new head)

Applejack fits the Kup mold well I think, it's an older model of vehicle to the rest, more basic and workmanlike. Also it has room to put apples in the back. Of course she gets a new head with molded hat. Of COURSE.

Big Mac could only be Onslaught, a gigantic engine of destruction. I imagine rather than kicking apple trees he would use ballistic missiles.

Rainbow Dash also gets a new head because Terradive's head looks like a horrible monster. It's a nice sleek mold though. I was pondering this one or the seeker mold, but that would make her look too much like Thundercracker. Also oh man that helmet (it is Classic Jetfire's head if anyone wants to kitbash it!)

Derpy of course is a repaint of Rainbow Dash. I added a bit more yellow because all grey looked rather horrid, and yellow IS her secondary colour. The eyes are derped, though I don't think you can tell unless you zoom in.

I always had the Astrotrain mold pegged for Luna - it's a triplechanger which fits the alicorn theme, and also a spaceship so she can go to the moon! It's a great mold and needs more love!

Attached Files:

2. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

lols at Safety Megatron

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG Botcon give me a Tommy Kennedy figure!

4. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

i love horse head and funback lol!

5. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Omg the colors!

Still, would buy in a heartbeat.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Yeah I would buy that

7. Blueshift

Now for the Attendee sets for Die Transformers, Die!

[​IMG]

Attendee set #1:
    Groundshaker (from Energon Landmine)

Attendee set #2:
    Rodimus (from Classics Rodimus)
    GRAAGH! (from Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar; new head)

Freebie Souvenir:
    Gerhaxus (from Classics Starscream)

Rodimus and Galvatron are coloured after their appearances on the cover of issue 13.

Gerhaxus is modelled after a Jhiaxus-coloured jet in issue 18.

Groundshaker, who was supposed to be an Ultra Pretender is a text-story character. I decided he should be a recolor of Landmine in Micromaster Groundshaker colors, since Landmine is one of the few Transformers with an 'armor-up' concept even though he'd been used before. If I owned an actual Landmine I'd probably have found a way to insert a legends figure into him somehow and made him an actual pretender. Anyone know if this is possible?

GRAAGH! is a purple character which seemingly uses a Junkion character model who appears on the cover of issue 9 and 14. He is quite mysterious, I've decided he is called GRAAGH! because, well, he looks like it!

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

GRAAGH! is awesome. XD

As for Grounshaker and if you could put a mini-con in there, he's got a space in his chest. If that was remolded you could probably fit something in there.

Anyways, I love these bizarre recolros and their almost G2-ishness. I had never heard of these stories, but they make for some interesting characters for a BotCon set.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

My eyes may never recover... :p 

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    GRAAGH! and Sweet Tarts Rodimus must happen.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol :wtf: :yuck 

Orange Saftery Megatron.....:lolol 

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

A Jihaxus Sweeper exclusive re-paint is actually a pretty good idea.

I wonder why nobody's done it yet?

13. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I can see an actual Jhiaxus repaint out of the new Scourge mold, actually - Blueshift's Stealth recoulour actually helps sell that idea a bit too, IMO.

14. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Seriously, the neonness of those digibashes makes G2 seem normal.

I want that Stealth.

15. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    I have been waiting since last botcon for this thread

16. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

My life has been improved by the knoledge of those comics, even if my eyes certainly werent.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Right! Stop that! This thread is becoming far too silly!

18. Blueshift

First half of set 2! I know I've used some similar molds, but they're the most appropriate dammit! :) 

Set #2: "The Yomtov Factor"

This set is a celebration of the Marvel US Transformers comic, and of course the work of colourist Nel Yomtov. It includes a combination of some of his unique colour schemes, and some comic-only US characters who are in need of toys.

Story: MARVEL #81 - The war is over... or is it? GALVATRON is still alive, and has begun to gather an army of loyalists and opportunists, such as the backstabbing SOUNDWAVE, the overenthusiastic WIPE-OUT and the boastful FERAK. He has a plan - he will use the power of the Last Autobot to raise a new army! Because even gods can be conned. Only a small band of Autobots and rejects stand in his way!

[​IMG]

Box Set contents:
    Wipe-Out (from Reveal the Shield Windcharger)
    The Last Autobot with Aerobot (from Vector Prime and Safeguard)
    Ferak (from Generations Scourge's alternate head repaint)
    Soundwave (from WFC Soundwave; new head)
    Wheezel (from Generations Kup; new head)
    Scrounge (from Universe Cosmos; new head)

Wipe-Out is Trypticon's little buddy who wasn't Full-Tilt. I painted the crest on his head white to homage his optic visor on the comic model - Wipe-Out - Transformers Wiki
    The Last Autobot is of course, the character from the last arc of the comic. My only failing was that I really wasn't sure what to do with the orange and blue minicon that I got as a result, and no character (apart from Prima) is blue and orange in Marvel US. I didn't really want to force a name on him for no reason, so... who else is a plane and blue/orange? HELLO AEROBOT!
    Ferak is the deadly Decepticon from US #17. I decided he should have the head of Generation Scourge's repaint, but since we've only seen lineart of that head, I've mocked it up the best I could. I made his body red for an interesting bit of contrast. Ferak - Transformers Wiki
    Soundwave is purple and has a mouth. 'Nuff said.
    Wheezel is a hobo from US #17. I've put some brown 'scuff' paint applications onto him to make him look more run-down. Wheezel - Transformers Wiki
    Scrounge is of course, the glorious Scrounge with his special hand. Why does he get a head remold when it could have gone to someone bigger, and Cosmos' head is mostly the same shape? Well he's SCROUNGE, he deserves it dammit!!

Attendee figures to follow once I've finished them!

19. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

i dont like wheezels head but the rest are cool!

20. Blueshift

Yes, I might have another go at the head, it doesn't look great. It is more symbolic of what it might look like though.