Minor/Repaint: Blue Bluestreak. 'Nuff said

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pintopower, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Pintopower

Pintopower Active Member

Ebay:
    Do I need to explain why I did this? No. What I do need to explain is that after looking at dozens of images, I don't think I did the hood right but it was the transformed look that I was after. I took a trashed Bluestreak and a trashed Smokescreen and made the toy I always wanted as a we tike. The color is by Tamiya and is not as bright a blue as the images lend it to be. The silver hood is the original paint from silver Bluestreak. The chassis was a mess so i stiffened it up and now he transforms like new. I do not like to start with nice toys, thats boring. I like starting with crap so that at the end, I have something repaired and beautiful. I then found myself with a pile of leftover bits so I made the yellow variant with 3 different cars. Looks good too and I was able to even snag a roof for him. I have the correct (white) missle launchers now for Bluestreak and the yellow guy will get the red ones. Now I need to name him. By the way, when building a frankenstein of a toy, make sure you don't let the others see what you are doing. Prowl may never recover. I also attached the image that I thought was the correct Bluestreak. I think i'm wrong but he does look sweet none the less. Enjoy.

More images can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26161002@N03/sets/72157626560596557/

Attached Files:

2. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

the blue is too light....

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nicely done on making a blue Bluestreak. As for the last picture, that is him except without the Autobot insignias.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    LOVE IT!!! period

5. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Very good job! I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and you may have inspired me! Once again, good job!

6. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nice work. Why ehobby hasn't made this available as a reissue baffles me. Reminds me that I need to do this to one of my spare copies of the Classics Datsun mold.

7. Pintopower

Pintopower Active Member

Ebay:
    Flashback-I just dont know

Baccala1976-I recomend the Tamiya blue I used. It is a dead ringer for the blue one the "Turbo" and tail light decals that came on the original stickers. The color is WAY off in the pictures. I can post the part number.

G60Force- Thank you

Cascadia- really? So then the hood is masked correctly? I know I have seen him with a full sliver hood also but who knows how many variants there were of him? I think the TF early brochure showed a different hood.

carlodibi- as I stated, the color displayed is not how it really looks. The camera makes it look way brighter than it is. Since I had nothing to match it with, I used the "Turbo" sticker on the original sticker sheet since the blue it is surrounded in was done for the blue bluestreak which we never got. It is very close to that.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Did you use the same painting technique as with your Diaclone Ironhide?

9. Pintopower

Pintopower Active Member

Ebay:
    On the plastic yes but I did not strip the paint on the metal bits. The Tamiya blue went on great over the original paint.

10. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Nifty.

11. WheeljackDude

WheeljackDude Well-Known Member

Nice. I did that to my Bluestreak, too! Along with his new stickers I bought last year from ReproLabels.

12. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice and name the other one Yellow Jacket.

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep...it looks correct. I have all 3 variants of the Diaclone but that is off-topic. But Like I said earlier, job well done doing a "blue" Bluestreak.

14. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Even though I do not own an original blue/silver diaclone fairlady, and not meaning to prove wrong someone who DOES OWN one, I think that when he is talking about doing the hood wrong he speaks about the end of the blue and start of silver scheme, and definitely is WRONG masked. The original has the silver pattern all the way to the edge with just the sides being blue.

Other than that the figure looks great I did one too and the colors you have are just great, mine was done using auto spray paint.

15. Pintopower

Pintopower Active Member

Ebay:
    warriorpriest - that is a good idea...hmmm

Cascadia & convoymagnus - Convoys take on the mask line is what I was talking about. The reason I settled on that was was two fold. One, out of about 50 images of blue bluestreak that I saw and felt were correct (miss colored doors and fenders from age were present), most were with the mask job I saw. The Commercials and TF early ads later shows the full silver hooded car. Maybe some were painted differently? I am wondering that, if like some of the mexican made models, some were made elsewhere? I am sure there is a post somewhere going into great depth about the purity of Blue Bluestreak. Ultimately, I will go with what I like more and I really don't know at this point. The other reason I went with the hood mask line was that on the real Datsuns, when the hood was silver, the silver ended at the window. When the whole flat front portion of the car was silver, it wrapped around the window frame and roof, like Anime Bluestreak. Maybe I was reading into it too much.

Thanks anyway guys. I am really content that a couple of trashed toys I paid $7 and $5 for are now looking great in my display case... in the living room...with the china... until my fiance removes them and scolds me. HA HA HA! They look killer in the den too.

16. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally love the yellow one, I mean it's always great to see a blue Bluestreak but the yellow is unique, & he(or she?) looks like he could've been Bumblebee at one time. If it wasn't for me selling off my collection(and junkers) I'd love to try something similar.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  17. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Awesome ESP blue streak

18. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I love the yellow one which is surprising considering I hate yellow cars! LOL!
    However, I would've kept the roof yellow, but only done the windows for the T-Top gloss black.
    Still, the yellow one look's great. And I also love the proper BlueStreak. Why oh, why has Ehobby never done this, I'll never know.

19. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

exactly, nuff said

20. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Says the guy who's name is Tigertrack.... :p  ;)