Customs: Blue Bacchus Head Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nefud, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good head for a Blue Bacchus custom? I plan on using HFTD Tomahawk as a base figure.

I've been trying to make this work for 2 weeks, I'm partially finished with 2 heads, and I hate them both. I'd definitely be down for bashing 2-3 heads together into something that actually looks like Bacchus, but if (by some miracle) someone has an idea for a single head that already looks like him, I'm all ears.

Last note: please remember how skinny Tomahawk/DOTM Vortex's heads are-- the mold just can't use a fat head!

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    depends on which head you want, if the inner bot, Maybe an energon Kicker head? Or if Shell head, its rather a generic face, but maybe a fp city commander face?

3. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think what's tripping me up is that I'd like to go with the shell's head, but I can't find a bot with a looong head. I'm starting to think I need to sculpt one or something.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Long face? What about Classics Perceptor? He has sort of a horse face (though of course not the paneled headpiece that Blue Bacchus has).

Another bot that I think has a face sort of like Blue Bacchus (long face, big eyes, grooves on the cheeks) is Energon Hot Shot. Actually, he even has a squared-off forehead piece that could easily be the first plate of Bacchus' headdress. I think this might be your best bet!

5. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

You know, energon Hot Shot is the first of the two heads I got halfway finished with, and then stopped....the fact that you, a guy who has ideas as great as yours, thinks its a good idea has given me renewed faith in that head. I think I'm going to make a go of it. I've just got to figure out how to attach the antenna on the side and extend the head.

Speaking of which...any ideas on what material I should use to build up the head?

6. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    That's actually a good thought right there, and is should be skinny enough to fit right in it.
    As for build up, stick to good old styrene, its easy enought to cut and sand, and holds paint quite well too.

7. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

After fooling around with this last night, I think it's going to work...unfortunately, I think the antennae are going to have to parts-form (i.e., plug into the side of his head after transforming). If I want to mount them permenantly, it'll make the head too think to fit, and I would worry about snapping them off during transformation. I also don't think I'll be able to build the head up too much, or it wont be able to transform. This custom seems to be all about crappy compromises...errrgh.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, thanks for the compliment! :)  And good luck! Yeah, customizing is tough, I'm terrible at it... that's why I stick to Photoshop. But I look forward to seeing how this turns out!