Minor/Repaint: Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kaindarkstar87, Jun 24, 2009.

1. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

Well, finally found a decent way to get pics with my Xbox live cam, so here is one of my Finds from Botcon.

Unicron was painted with FolkArt Metallic Bright Red, FolkArt Wicker White, and a generic brand Pumpkin orange. I sanded the shoulder armor down for TFing, and clear coated the helmet, collar, and arms so far... I didn't take a good pic of it but i painted the inside of the helmet so it looks more like a skull eye sockets.

what do you think? should i paint anymore? The idea worked so good for me that he was Bludgeon in my head before I got Unicron out of the box and started painting, so my judgement is cloudy.

EDIT: added new Wip pic, Orange add to legs, green on the back of the body, under the shoulderpart on the body, and green on his outer armor. Thanks for the tips guys. I was really stuck.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you'd be surprised in the dramatic difference a simple, black wash could make with this custom. That being said, you could do a light wash of an orange, let it dry, then use a black wash for some panel lining-light scuffed weathering details.

Just a thought :) 

3. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

That works very well for what lil you did. I was always of the opinion that deluxe unicron would make a great blugeon.

as for doing more I would say do as much as you are comfortable doing so long as it makes it more Bludgeon, If you are completly happy with it as is great! If you feel you could do more do so.

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

That looks good. Depending on how good the upcoming Voyager Bludgeon is or isn't, I might try this custom myself. :) 

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Very nice, as a fellow Unicron-turned-Bludgeon owner, I really like what you did here :) 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    certainly not the first one of these we've seen, but I think it's cool how they all look different.

7. kaindarkstar87

Thank you for your advise, for the orange you mean on the legs, right? I'll probly work on that later today.. Panel lining would look great, he has alot of little details i overlooked.
    I was happy with Unicron as Bludgeon before i painted anything, so as accurate as i can get, the better. :) 
    You mean the ROTF Bludgeon? He looked pretty sweet... i don't know if his movie look will translate well to my classics self though...

Thanks! I saw yours and a few others before i went to botcon, so i had to get him and try.

Sooo... Looks like I've got some work to do. :) 

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

I don't think he's referring to the currently available repaint of Wreckage, but of the upcoming NEW mold Bludgeon. It's supposed to be a movie Bludgeon, but Hasbro claims he'll fit right in with Universe/Classics 2.0

9. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

This looks awesome.

'Nuff said.

10. kaindarkstar87

yea, the new one is what i meant too, he looked awesome but i couldn't see well enough to tell if he would fit in.. (instant buy regardless) But maybe so if you heard them say that... i was too busy freaking out. :drool:  lol

Thanks, you should try one yourself, really easy, I mean I did it! :lol 

11. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this a lot, this mold just begs to be repainted into Bludgeon and you've done a great job of it. I'd say a custom is only finished when you feel it's finished, I'm sure everyone would love to see anything else you plan to do with this or if you decided that this was as far as you wanted to take it :) 

12. kaindarkstar87

Wip pic added... :D 

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I like where this is going.