Minor/Repaint: Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Jan 17, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Been a while since I posted something here. :p  Anyway...

Here's my take on a repaint that's been seen plenty of times here on the Radicons: Cybertron Deluxe Unicron repainted into G1 Bludgeon. I painted him mostly with arcrylic paints with the occasional touch up with Gundam Markers.

With Bludgeon, I wanted to make his color scheme a sort of a dual homage to both the original G1 toy's inner robot and Pretender shell. I tried to paint him so that he'd look mostly green (like the inner robot) in tank mode while having more maroon and orange (like the Pretender shell) while in robot mode. That's why I left the inner side of his leg shells unpainted: tried to add more orange to the bot mode. I don't know if I managed to successfully manage the dual homage of colors but I'm certainly satisfied with the way he turned out.

For the record, I bought the katana from Brokenarrowtoys.com.

Attached Files:

2. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    VERY NICE!! i like your take on this alot! Bludgeon has always been one of my top favorite characters ever and i really like this one alot. I think you've done a great job with a double homage to both of his modes. Good work!

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Hah! I was about to do that and you beat me to the punch:D 
    But seriously , this is very nice work! :thumb 

4. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    nice.the color combo works out really well.if anything,i would suggest maybe a light paint wash(maybe brown?)just to help the details "pop"a little more.nice job!

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Is it just me or do we tend to be thinking in similar patterns here? :sly2: 

Anyways, thanks for the comments so far. I do hope to touch him up a little but overall, I'm very satisfied with him.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you did a pretty nice job with the dual-homage myself. Might I suggest you drop the Unicron "wing" parts from the whole thing since it's not him anymore, and you've already given him swords?