Bludgeon vs Banzaitron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CVprowl, Mar 16, 2011.

?

Which best tells your feelings about Bludgeon and Banzai-tron

1. I love Bludgeon.

67 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. I love Banzai-tron.

13 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. I dont like either of them.

12 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I love them both equally!

28 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

What are you feelings on the two recent figures of these characters and the characters themselves?

Any background from canon or your own personal Transformerverse stuff is welcome.

AND who would win in a fight?!?

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bludgeon: led Decepticons to their greatest victory, trivially outsmarted Prowl and comics!Grimlock, says insanely badass things all the time, used the Force (er, metallikato) to free himself from a prison cell with his sword (which was outside the cell) and just about murdering Inferno with it in the process, tracked down and slew a high-profile turncoat, and was only blown away by an upgraded Megatron. Which first required him to tell Megatron to shove it, which takes some ball bearings.

Oh, and he made a Warworld and planned to power it by ripping the Creation Matrix out of Prime. Megatron followed through, but it was Bludgeon's plan.

Banzaitron:

...has this guy EVER done ANYTHING?

3. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

wow. cool. what comic series was that?

im looking at the figures and it looks like bludgeon got the shaft paint aps wise.

did bludgeon have any iconic colors or would i be able to use the banzaitron be able to stand in for him without fanboy ridicule : /

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bludgeon.

5. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Original Marvel. I mentioned stuff from US, UK, and G2.

In War Within, Bludgeon is a dark mage who gets in a little over his head by summoning the Fallen. Eventually the Autobots and conventional Decepticons band against them and he's killed by Skywarp (possibly the most significant thing Skywarp has ever done). In IDW, he's a crazed Thunderwing-worshipper who turns himself into an even-more-crazed colossus. Been banged around and possessed a few times but is still active (and inexplicably regained his sanity and loyalty to Megatron...oh, IDW).

Common themes to G1 Bludgeon's character are great combat skill, at least a fair amount of cunning, and a very strong religious faith that gives an odd twist to his motivations, vis a vis your typical Decepticon.

Also, the colors associated with his robot and vehicle modes is forest green, and for his Pretender mode a LOUD orange (and white for his skull face).

Also, if you want an RotF Bludgeon I will sell you a slightly broken one for super cheap.

(RotF Bludgeon actually has a bit of tie-in media himself now. He's usually a middling-ranked thug, but the "honor" aspect of his character was emphasized in those Hub shorts. Plus a toy-inspired rivalry with Ironhide.)

Basically, I passed on Banzaitron (if you couldn't tell). If you just think it's a cool mold, get whatever's easier or cheaper, but on my shelves, I gotta have a Bludgeon and he's gotta be the only undead robot samurai tank around.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    wheres the i dotn have them option?

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think both of them are great. Bludgeon for the character and mold, Banzai-Tron for the colors.

8. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, and to clarify "greatest victory." The Autobots and Decepticons are allied on Cybertron after Unicron was destroyed. Grimlock is back to leading the Autobots, with Prowl running day-to-day affairs. Bludgeon has stepped up to lead the 'cons for the first time. He is planning all along to betray the Autobots but, unlike his inferiors, keeps it very well hidden.

Right up until he double-crosses Prowl and sabotages all the Autobot starships. He abandons the Autobots on Cybertron, which everyone thinks is about to explode from the damage Unicron did. His fleet of warships, meanwhile, attacks a peaceful planet. With the Autobots gone, Bludgeon is basically setting up to make the 'cons a roving band of planet-draining pirates.

Grimlock stole some warships, however, and rescues the Autobots. Yay! Then they track down Bludgeon. Yay! Only, Bludgeon detects them coming. Knowing as he does that Grimlock is a violent adrenaline junkie, and that the Autobots will follow his orders without question, he dangles a small Decepticon force as bait. When the Autobots, to a man, go after it, he ambushes all of the Autobots with all of the Decepticons and murders the Autobots down to six with most of his force intact.

It took the well-timed return of Optimus Prime and a deus ex machina that could bring Autobots back to life by the dozen to even slow this guy down, basically. Oh, and he was two seconds away from executing Wheeljack when Optimus dropped in.

You couldn't pay me to mess with Bludgeon. :D 

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i actually have them both. my bludgeon i got loose and the banzai-tron i got as a buy 1 get 1 when i got seaspray.

in trying to decide their fates...

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

wait a minute, grimlock leads the autobots. lol. i dont know anything. i at least i hope its like smart grimlock or something. yikes!

11. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

I Now as of today have both.

I like Bludgeon For what furman was able to do with him in the Marvel series, i love Banzaitron for the Action master Toy.

Edit:

Two words that explains everything: Furman Grimlock.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Banzaitron is easily the best character, but when it comes to the toys I love them both and actually have trouble deciding which I like better. Both have awesome paintjobs.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

that flies in the face of most of what has been posted so far. why is bazaitron a better character?

inquiring minds wanna know! :drool: 

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Bludgeon is da man.

15. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

Based on what?

For me, Bludgeon all the way.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Bludgen is pretty cool. The mold doesn't fit Banzitron IMO. The Botcon repaint of Energon Mirage works better for me.

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I like them both, but I think Bludgeon fits the mold a little bit better. Cant wait for the headrobots upgrade, and am really, really hoping that headrobots makes a different one for Banzaitron. Good head goes a long way.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Bludgeon. Mostly the lore and I feel the colors are better on Bludgeon than Banzaitron. They're both great toys thanks to the strength of the mold but Bludgeon got my money.

19. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Banzaitron is a rather stupid name. It's like "Yippietron", or "Hooraytron", or "Ohyeahtron". Whatever you say to express joy + tron. Lame.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I prefer Bludgeon - the original release, the character with the better lore.... I like distinctive characters with distinctive looks, and Bludgeon is that for me.

I'm not a fan of renamed, flat-out repaints and skip over them every single time, so I didn't even bother with Banzaitron. You lose the individuality of a character, and I don't care for that.