Minor/Repaint: BLUDGEON upgrade head WIP...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SMOG, Nov 26, 2010.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Okay... yeah. ANOTHER Bludgeon Upgrade head.

To be honest, I didn't HATE the Hasbro head for Bludgeon, though there was something awkward about it... the goofy Halloween face with the cartoon helmet. I really wanted to give him a good skull/samurai look, but I wasn't sure what to use as the base. I didn't want it to look like a REAL skull... something more robotic would be cool... but I didn't want to use a Terminator toy head either, because that would be too recognizable.

Finally it hit me that there was an existing TF toy head that already had a hideous mechanical skull for a face... anybody recognize it? ;) 

This is still just in the test phase, held together with wall-tack and good intentions. I still need to put the side panels on proper hinges, and attach the exhaust pipes/helmet crest so they can fold up.

I'm also planning on keeping Bludgeon transformed with his spine fully extended... I think I like him better all tall and spindly like that, rather than with the heavy hunched shoulders and short waist... so the pictures here reflect that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zmog

Attached Files:

2. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

cool upgrade

3. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Is that a modded Unicron head?
    It looks awesome!

4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I'll take a wild guess - The face is from a human alliance bumblebee and the horns are from energon prowl.

It looks pretty badass dude!

5. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man that look awesome fits it perfect

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Awesome headsculpt ! Proves that BB's design has slightly creepy aspects in it.

7. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Love it.

8. SMOG

Thanks guys!

You're close... the horns are Energon Prowl's exhaust pipes. I like the sort of retro-industrial flavour they bring to the samurai crest... it seems to fit the rest of the figure's aesthetic. The Human Alliance head is a bit big. This one is actually from the new Activator Bumblebee... so yeah, that face comes from the cuter version of Bay Bumblebee! :) 

I didn't have to do much... just blacked out some parts of the face, and cut a small gap for the "mouth". Somehow the skull face is a little less disturbing, compared to what it was before... being a skull face wearing a ball-gag! :lol 

The side panels on his face are just head-wings from a Brave Series Silverion KO, and the forehead plate is just some styrene I cut out for a quick and dirty Ratchet mod some years back. The Bumblebee head gives most of the structure. The trickiest part will be making sure those horns fit under the tank mode.

zmog

9. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    That's the face he should have come with. Nice

10. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Nice Nice Nice, Is It easy to get to Bludgeons Skull?

11. SMOG

If you mean, "is it an easy mod to make the skull-face?" then yes.

All you need is a recent Movie Bumblebee head... Deluxe Battle Blades is a bit smaller, Human Alliance is a bit bigger, but I used an Activators head. I barely had to do anything. Just used a hobby knife to cut a slash across his mouth area so it looks more like a skull's open jaw. Then I blacked out the eyes, and some of the areas of the face with a black marker. That's it!

zmog

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Dude Nice work man.

13. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Thats low. :( 

14. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bwahaahaha @ the cute version of Bumblebee with a skull face & ball gag! That is just wrong, Hasbro. Hahaha nice work Smog.

15. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Love the design SMOG. You always come up with great ideas.

One thing bothers me a little though. The exhaust pipes. I understand the use for them and the look they're supposed to give off, but for some reason, it looks to me like the top of a deer head. Maybe they're a bit too high? Or maybe it's just me. who knows :D 

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's the best use of a Bumblebee head ever :lol 

Great work, man :thumb 

17. SMOG

And yet, you can't tell me it's not true, right? Bayumblebee has a face that looks like a human skull, with some added motifs that also suggest both gas-masks and ball-gags... all pretty loaded, disturbing images.' It's impossible to ignore, and I think it makes him one of the most bizarre and disturbing Bayformers, all the more so because he's supposed to be the "cute" one. :lol 

I will confess that against my expectations, I was surprised at just how cute Activators Bumblebee is with that face. The big eyes are pretty endearing... but still within the context of being very cute for a skull-gasmask robot. All relative I guess. He makes a good, happy skull, don't you think? ;) 

Yeah, youll notice that I haven't quite set the final positions for the, um, antlers. :) 

I mean, I don't mind if they look a bit like that, since real samurai helmets often have very antler-like crests, and that's what I was going for. I originally wanted something that was maybe lightning-bolt shaped, to go with Bludgeon's "Electric Warrior" theme, but then those exhaust pipes seemed like just the right size... and they somehow match the machine-look on the rest of the figure.

I'll probably play with the position of them a bit more before I decide exactly what angle to put them on.

Thanks dude! :) 

zmog