Bludgeon Rotting Rubber

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gen. Hospital, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Since I've moved into a much smaller place, I've put my collection in storage. As I was taking the little guys down from the shelves, transforming them and putting them into a plastic tub, I noticed something disturbing. The rubber that Bludgeons tank treads is made of, is cracking. The piece on his left shoulder is practically falling off.

So, part heads up, part survey; is anyone elses Bludgeon falling apart like a leprous beggar?

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Nope no issues yet. How are your local temperatures and environment? Did you have at anytime had him on display in a particular place?

3. Gen. Hospital

Normal indoor temperature/humidity. Not direct sunlight.

Edit: Didn't notice any issues with any other figures. Well, except the tread falling off my Japanese Red Rampage, but that looks like it was melted through when the pin was put itn. Musta been barely holding on the whole time.

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Are the shelves made of wood? Heard about a similar issue with diecast cars' rubber tires melting or crumbling when put inside wooden cabinets, they say it's the acid from the wood.

5. Gen. Hospital

Really? Yes, they are wood, but the tread in question is up on his shoulder, so it's not been in direct contact with the shelves.