Bltizwing in Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok Hasbro, we (the fans) are getting the Coneheads, Blurr, Kup, Tracks, Jazz, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Scourge, Thunderwing, and Straxus, but the main question is, where the frag is classics style Blitzswing?! We have Astrotrain and Octane, but we still don't have a more realistic version of the third Decepticon Triple Changer!

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Totally agree!

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bring it!

I got some stuff squirrelled away to make one of my own, but still...

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Screw that, give us Broadside!

*dodges bullets*

But yeah, Blitzwing would be amazing. Sandstorm too and a Springer that's actually a bloody triple changer and not a repaint.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Honestly, considering all the G1 remakes that fans have been demanding, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already on Hasbro's short list of charatcers to make.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire '84-'86 cast of robots was completed in "classics" style within the next five years. Maybe even less.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy a Blitzwing without even blinking.

That said, I am usually ill-pleased with triple-changer toys. As far as I'm concerned, HasTak should wait just as long as necessary till the budget is available to do him as well as he can possibly be done.

7. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy a Blitzwing without even blinking.

That said, I am usually ill-pleased with triple-changer toys. As far as I'm concerned, HasTak should wait just as long as necessary till the budget is available to do him as well as he can possibly be done.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Eh, doesn't matter how well the designing process goes or what size he is. One of the alt-modes is always going to be less satisfying than the other when it comes to triple changers.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I remembered Hasbro saying they were going to try to not duplicate the same character in multiple lines, implying that a CHUG Blitzwing would have to wait several years due to the Animated Blitzwing.

Truthfully, I'd rather have Springer next year anyway. Let's finish off the 1986 movie cast for the 25th anniversary, Hasbro!

10. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Both of G1 Astrotrain's alt modes were beautiful.

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can certainly accept that. I just want the robot mode to work for me. That's the whole reason I sit around waiting for Classics instead of collecting G1 (usually).

For Blitzwing the tank mode would also be pretty important. But there are enough "realistic" tanks, I think they can take some liberties as long as it looks cool.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really. The train was okay, but the joints cut into the details. The shuttle front also looked like a space shuttle growing out of a box.

Classics Astrtrain is a good example of the alt-modes not technically being correct, but still looking right because of the lines and design.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that is NOT true, maruauder megatron, the cancelled animated megatron toy, his alt modes were both perfection, there was no flaw in all three modes

guess when they finally master the triple changer we don't get it

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    That was ust to prevent the same character from different lines beinf on shelves at the same time. Prowl, Jazz and Ratchet are just a few examples of that "rule".

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You can't know that for sure. And besides, if you're working with made up alt-modes then your chances of success increase.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah but they were cybertronian modes, aka it doesn't really have to look like something. Designers have a LOT more liberty to say "meh, screw it, let's leave it like this". Plus, Marauder Megatron doesn't look like his transformation between both vehicle modes is heavily involved. It's simply 1). Pull out tip of jet 2.) Squeeze the feet together 3.) Pull big guns forward 4.) rotate the guns 90 degrees to have them level to the floor. It's not a hard design to engineer at all.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd immediately buy it.

Of course, considering the epic fanwank Hasbro has been sending us with Generations, I wouldn't be surprised if Blitzwing and a proper Triple Changer Springer get released in the near future. They have been watching and listening to us, (Wheeljack, Perceptor, Legends Trailcutter?), and have answered. These lines are for fans, and Hasbro realizes this.

18. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Wouldn't mind seeing Generations Blitzwing, but what I'd really like is Generations Sandstorm. Just cuz I like helicopters and vehicles with huge wheels.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yes please.

and springer.

and broadside.

and sandsto...you get the idea.

20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd really like both Blitzwing and Springer in a classics style based on their G1 counterparts.

Springer definately needs a proper triple-changer update and could be one of the easier triplechangers to do since his alt modes are both cybertronian/futuristic and not based on any particular earth vehicles. Which would give the designers a bit more freedom.

Blitzwing is one I've been looking forward to since Octane... oh right uh... Tankor (I honestly had to think about that one for a sec), anyway since he came out, I've been itchin for the complete set of 3 Decepticon triplechangers and Blitzwing is my fav of the those. I tried having Animated BW with the other two classics triplechangers but they just dont fit together size-wise nor style-wise. I'm hoping for a deluxe mold for Blitzwing no matter what.