Heavy/Scratch: Blot 187 - Ver.1.2 WiP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deaculpa, Dec 27, 2009.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Terrorcon Blot 187 - Ver.1.2 WiP Update

2.21.10 - *update* finally got blot's altmode legs altered in, they fold up nicely on his robot mode legs. also got another grabby arm for him, thanks to maximo prime for that! it worked out after all!

Pfft. Retard.

Er, I meant, "BRILLIANT idea!!" :) 

You can see the basic idea here, but a long way to go. Need to add legs to altmode, which I think will be Lugnut's legs. then kibbling, blah blah blah.

So much happier with this version rather than the previous version. I found a lot of the figures i wanted at my local ToysRUs so i went to work this weekend--- made from Animated Lugnut's torso, Grimlock's hips down, Universe Inferno's arms.

happy that the robo arms dont draw attention in altmode--- they dont really go anywhere, but neither did the original figure's, if i recall. That's the other sweet thing: I was able to hold really true to the transformation of the original toy: Head folds down, arms tuck in, altmode arms swing from behind, almtode legs will be attached to robot legs to unfold, altmode head displayed in both modes.

all criticism welcome. thanks again to SMOG.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/283873-terrorcon-blot-wip.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    that looks frickin bad ass!

3. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

nice use of Twintwist's head!!!

This is turning out well, glad you have 2 sets of arms now, and the Bot mode looks much thinner. Great Job here!!! I am completely interested in these...Bring on Hungrrr

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

:lol 

I was wondering what you thought of my suggestion! COoOL!

Sometimes it's a good thing that TFA Lugnutz is an unavoidable shelfwarmer, eh? :) 

He looks great! Again, I love the Wardick, er... WarSHARK head. Also the Twin Twist head... I adore those jumpstarters as cheap plentiful generic G1-esque robot heads. However, do you have a Topspin head?. Given Blot's G1 head design, Topspin's visor face would be a better match.

Good stuff! :) 

zmog

5. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    nice, any chance of a colored WIP pic

6. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Thanks! I think the slimmer look helps a lot, and he'll still work for Abominus's leg.

Thanks! as soon as i chose TT's head, I saw you and another guy out here doing your twintwists/topspins, nice work btw on the articulations. I appreciate your support and comments, unfortunately hungrrr is probably going to be last, as he sits in the middle. Probably wont be Sup starscream, he's just too big although i may use some of his parts for abominus.
    The arms from Bulkhead already did what i needed, so i attached them to inferno's arms. the only annoyance here is that whenever you move inferno's shoulders (which are on ball joints for mobility), the altmode arms move too so you have to reposition them :p . i wont make this mistake again!

Thanks for your interest!
    When I build a new guy, i like to go "headhunting." Theres a local shop that sells used TFs fairly cheap so i go look until i find a head that I think fits my fig im making. So they had TT for $6 but not TS. The only fig I saw that I liked for a head was Doublecross, but he was like $30 (which also just showed up out here on the Customs boards :p ). Im also thinking of buying him to use the heads for Hungrr. At this point, its starting to look like Sinnertwin and Hungrr might be pretty similar, I'll try to avoid it as much as I can.
    Btw, ive seen it called the Wardick and War Shark. My box says War Shark, but I prefer "Wardick!" :) 

Perhaps tonight. But it will look like Blot cant match his clothes: the arms are red, the legs are grey, the torso is purple/blue, and his altmode arms are green. :p  yuck.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

A while back I got an Ebay lot of around 15 Jumpstarters really cheap, expressly for the purposes of having their heads around to work with. They can be made to resemble so many characters, it was a good investment. I'm also finding that their chests are quite handy for building new generic chest plates for bashes, their feet look cool (and less recognizable than using Bionicle feet), and I'm pretty sure Topspin's arms will make decent forearms, though I'd still need to build a jointed upper arm to go with them. They are a treasure trove of raw materials, which is pretty cool for figures with such lousy articulation. :) 

Good call for Hun-Grr's head. I always found it odd to have 2 such similar characters on the same team. I might suggest pushing a "dragon" theme for Hun-Grr and a "dog" theme for Sinnertwin, to emphasize their differences as much as possible.

Yeah, "Wardick" is the Japanese name, which is hilarious all things considered. Not sure how that came about. Hasbro wisely renamed it for Western distribution. :) 

zmog

8. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

I was gettin bored with all these customs and I saw this and..it's just a really great idea combined with a huge mass of AWESOME AND CREATIVITY! That's greatness and creativity right there man :thumbs2: 

9. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

cool ;) 

10. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Thats fine. I like being able to see all the color and mixmatch glory before it is completed. :D  :D 

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    added a color photo just for you, bro.

thank you! ive finally found an outlet.

i need something new in this area, let me know if you can help with other feet. btw, what are you going to fill in TTs and TS's arms with?

i cant wait to hear the cries in here when i destroy doublecross. but i wont use him in his current form, he'll be more like hungrr where the heads are the feet.

i know! the guys who named those things are wild! I also ordered the Rainbow Jerk for possible use on Cutthroat. try explaining that to someone who doesnt know what it is.

12. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    plez man a group shot of your art work man!

13. scottie_bee

scottie_bee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    any update on this guy? It looks pretty good so far

14. BlastersVault

BlastersVault Well-Known Member

So cool!

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:

Thank you for your support and your interest! blot was on hold because i had basher's block, i was having trouble with the altmode legs and wanted to step away from it for a little bit. ive been working on hun-grrr but i did get the other grabby/clampy hand for blot, so i may install that this weekend so his hands match. i cant promise ill get it done this weekend though, ive got to get into the office too.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    *update.

17. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Love this update!!!

18. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool! Nice work so far!

19. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Wow the update looks great my friend. Cannot wait to see it finished. Any chance of getting another colored pic?? :D  Thxs.

20. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

you already have two done? wow.

i like this blot. best version of what i've seen so far.