Minor/Repaint: Bloodshed W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dilborg, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

I honestly thought i'd posted this here already, but apparently not.

This guy is pretty much may current "major" project. Taking a Energon Shockblast and turning him into a new character, and decking him out with a large assortment of weapons.

First job was to lose Shockblast's big arm gun. Didn't like it one bit. I also didn't have many other arms to spare and I actually ended up using an arm from a G1 Rotorstorm!

Luckily I came into possession of a junker Energon Barricade, and as most of us probably know, his arms are great for Shockblast.

I still wanted him to have a big gun so i've modded a Zoids gun to fit. At the present stage i've added a couple of other Zoid guns. They're no where near modded to fit on him but I wanted to get some pics up so I can get some opinions on the alt mode.

Basically i'm not sure which way to go, with the "traditional" Shockblast transformation into a "tank", or an alternative transformation into something that more or less a "base mode".

The third option is to make him a triple changer. Robot - Tank - Base.

So i'm asking for the opinions of others. Characterwise a triple changer probably would suit him. What do others think?

*UPDATE #1*

After two attempts i've finally settled on a colour scheme I like. So the legs are done! (well done to the point of needing touching up anyway)

*UPDATE #2*

Just a quick look at the upper torso/chest. Not connected (as those bits are still drying) and the head needs touching up a bit.

*UPDATE #3*

Chest and head finished, all connected up together (few touch ups to be done). Just wanted to show off the shoulder joint with the silver 'Con logo. I hate small details like that.

UPDATE #4

The whole body is complete and reassembled. Now comes the fun part of adding all the weaponary!

UPDATE #5

Big gun! I surprised myself with the colour scheme actually, I like it, didn't expect it to turn out too good though but it did!

Leg guns need a bit of touching up, but I decided to try something different this time and actually used magnets. Wouldn't call it a 100% success but i'm quite pleased with how they worked on my first attempt.

Not sure if i've mentioned it but that hose going from the shoulder to the gun is actually removable and can be used as a whip.

Still got another set of guns to go before this guy is fully complete. Getting there, slowly ... more slower now with my new job and busy weekends.

Attached Files:

2. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I say go for the triple changer. The second pic could be a tank (adding wheels or something) and the third pic the base/cannon mode. The arms look great, by the way.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like the second pic more than the standard Shockblast tank mode, myself. Is there perhaps any way you could transfer the treads to the front of his legs so they're on the ground in that mode instead? That'd be a really cool, wide-based tank mode, which could handle carrying that kind of heavy artillery. I kinda get the impression that if the third pic tank tried to fire that cannon, it'd fall over... :p 

And I actually didn't know that Barricade's arms fit so well. My Shockblast's left arm is scratched out of old Multimac bits. Good eye.

4. Dilborg

He probably would! Which would explain why he needs that "base" mode.

They're not a perfect fit but if you mod them right they suit him perfectly.

The left arm is still using Shockblast's upper arm/shoulder connector with a hole drilled in to work part of Barricade's arm in, then locked into place with an excessive amount of Warhammer's Green Stuff.

The right arm still needs to be worked on as at the moment it's loose. Not sure whether to mod Shockblast's upper arm/shoulder connector or simply use some washers to space Barricade's connecting arm loop which goes through the Shockblast shoulder shaft .... if that makes sense.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's kinda why I thought the normal tank mode would be kind of pointless, and you might as well just mod the 'base' mode to be the main tank form. That and I think it'd make a much cooler looking tank than Shockblast already is.

It does, mate, you're good. ;)  I dunno. How is the right shoulder attached as is? Might give me a better idea how to tighten it.

6. Dilborg

Inside Shockblast's shoulder is the screw shaft which connects the two sides together.

At the end of the Barricade arm is a loop which fits perfectly through that shaft, the only problem is the Shockblast shoulder is rather wide, the Barricade connector is thin. So it wobbles back and forth. A couple of washers will fix that though.

The only noticeable thing about doing it that way though is the right arm will be shorter than the left arm. Though it may not be overly noticeable, might try to get a pic later without the gun.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Meh. How often are you gonna display him without the cannon anyway..? :p 

8. Dilborg

Well if I can pull off this other little idea I have, the gun is going to have to be tossed aside now and then. :wink: 

9. Dilborg

ZOMG! An actual update!

Decided on a colour scheme and actually finished the legs.

10. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

That looks cool can't wait to see the finbished figure and read the bio :) 

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That red looks very smooth. Nice work.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice. he'd look sweet standing next to plowking's Alternators Torch.

13. Dilborg

Just another minor little update piccy, this time the upper torso/chest.

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Dilborg, that red is awesome...I really like that color choice :thumb 

15. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Me Likey!! The arms are great, guns are great, and all three modes are awesome!! Great color choice, fits in well with his name!! Keep us updated!!:thumbs2: 

16. Dilborg

It wasn't my first choice, but it's definitely grown on me!

I figure I can get the arms done some time in the next two weeks. Then comes the fun job of dealing with all his new weapons.

Thanks dude. This is about the first time in ages where i've kept working on something. Normally i'll set a project aside for weeks because i've been busy or just plain lazy, but i'm pushing myself to find time for this guy because i'm actually happy and excited with how he's turning out. So updates will actually be regular!

17. Dilborg

Not much of an update, but the main parts of the body are all together and you can see what I did with the 'Con logo on the shoulder.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    still looking good so far.

19. Dilborg

The robot is complete! Just gotta start adding all the weapons. But you can see what a red Shockblast with Energon Barricade arms looks like ... if you were ever curious. :tongue: 

20. Dilborg

One more update ... this time with a nice big gun!