blood the last vampire

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by brollicon, Nov 1, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

ok i went to my local comic book store and got blood the last vampire the anime on dvd for 3 bucks used. then i went to blockbuster and got the movie i have to say i was impressed with the movie it wasn't a cheesy anime movie like dragonball evolution no it was actually pretty good if you haven't seen it go check it out. ohh and the anime is good just way to short

Blood The Last Vampire - Official Movie Site

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Thats cool to hear, I may check out the movie at some point then. However I completely disagree with you on the anime (well the movie anyway, I havent seen the tv series), it was awful.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the anime, the it is short as hell.
    i was going to get the Live Action movie, but hadn't heard any yays or nays about it.

The last Live Action anime/manga I bought was Tetsuo II: Body Hammer.
    Weird, man. Weird.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't even know there was a live action version, it looks good so I'll have to check it out.

But one things for sure, it can't be as bad as Blood+ the series.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked the Blood: The Last Vampire OVA.
    Even though it was short, what was there was quite substantive.

The live action version was supposed to be released in the states over the summer, but I don't know that it ever was.

I was pretty excited for the series, Blood +. At first it seemed to be set in the same continuity as the OVA, but then it was pretty clear that it was alternate telling.
    However, I couldn't stay with it.
    There were many, many episodes where Saya would just completely freak out when she was being attacked by the Chiroptera (vampires) but after most of her party was killed she would go into bad-ass mode and wipe the floor with them. Then she would regret what she did. Then the next episode would come and the situation would be slightly changed but the formula would be the same.

So, you basically have the movie where a lot happens in a short amount of time with little in the way of exposition, and you have anime where there is lots of time but in the overall scheme of things, almost nothing happens. :( 

6. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am actually watching the series again now....i love it though and i love the original anime and i have the live action movie that i just got myself! i havent seen the live action one yet but probably watch it this weeekend