Blood + 23 episodes in. Does it get better?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Okay, so I am 23 Episodes into Blood + (Episode: Airy Singing Voice) and although I do like the series, I have to know:
    WHEN DOES SAYA TURN INTO THAT DEMON SLAYING MONSTER FROM THE FIRST 90 SECONDS OF EPISODE 1?

When? Where is my payoff?

I have invested 506 minutes of my life on this (690 minutes with commercials) –and she still just stands there and lets everyone else fight for her.

The only time she wigged out was on those creepy kid Chiropterans, but we didn’t get to actually see that.

They get major props for apparently tying into Blood: The Last Vampire

They get props for throwing us a curveball by reintroducing the demon-slaying machine as a sweet, innocent girl.

But, the viewer figures out what is going on in about 10 minutes why can't the protagonist?

I can not believe that Saya has been traveling with the Red Shield for months (23 Episodes!) and just now freaks out when Solomon told her she is not human. She had memories of fighting a shape shifting vampyric Rasputin a hundred years ago, yet was shocked and surprised when Solomon told her Red Shield is lying to her and she is not really a human. WHATEVER!

There are 50 episodes total, but I can’t see watching another 28 episodes of Saya standing there going “uh…” while Haji fights for her, then she is moved to fight only after the Chiropterans kill all the secondary characters and injure the primary characters. But by that time the Chiropterans or Chevaliers will just decide to leave.

This whole "I don't know what I am" was a good plot device for about 10 episodes but it does not make for a good series.

Should I stick it out? Does it get better?

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    stick it out, once they encounter Diva, things change

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Diva is actually the reason why I considered abandoning the show.

Saya and Diva finally met and Saya drew her sword like she had never held it before than ran from Diva like a scared rabbit.
    Haji saved her again.

With Diva feeding on Riku, that has to be a turning point for Saya.
    I can not watch her do more soul searching. 20 episodes is enough.

4. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    It's not that long of a series...you're almost half way through. Just stick it out.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There's a time gap soon in the series. After that span of time, you'll see Saya acting much more like the character from the movie.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I guess I'll stick it out for a few more episodes and see where it goes.

I don't necessarily need her to be exactly like the character from the movie, or the ultraviolent first 90 seconds of the series. But I do need her to start taking some action.

Having every action scene comprised of Saya saying "oh noes!" while every other character says "Saya" has just been driving me nuts.

If not for the production values and the fact that the other characters are actually pretty cool, I would have dropped it already.

Does the movie tie directly in with Blood: The Last Vampire?
    It seems to me it could go either way.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm not sure I'd say it's directly connected to the movie. Even at the end of the series, it still seems like it could go either way. All of the Blood stuff is originally based on a novel, but it doesn't all take the material in the same direction, so it's hard to say how much any of the spinoffs have to do with each other.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I watched up until the episode "Those Who Serve Saya".

When the Shift (spelling? I am not certain what they're called and I am avoiding looking it up on the web until after I've watched the show) attacked Saya leaped into action and counter attacked.
    She did not stand there hesitating and let everyone else die around her.

That is just what I needed to see the character do.
    I'll stick around.

Also, I like the new intro animation. It reminds me of Falcoon's art.

9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

The last episode was easily Saya's best fight