Bloggers Unite: Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Transformers - May 8, 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G.B. Blackrock, Apr 6, 2009.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    A lot of us have blogs. Some are explicitly Transformers related, but others are just personal. I'm proposing that Transformers fans that blog get together and each post an entry on May 8, 2009 celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the franchise.

The choice of May 8, 2009 isn't entirely arbitrary. It is the date that issue #1 of the Marvel Transformers comic was released. This was the first time that Transformers product was made available to the public. (Going by the date of Hasbro's unveiling of the concept or the first airdate of a commercial would be harder to pin down to a specific date)

I have set up a link at "Bloggers Unite," which specializes in such multi-blog events, for the purpose. You may sign up to commit to do a blog contribution at http://www.bloggersunite.org/event/the-25t...of-transformers

Then, on May 8th, you can come back to the Bloggers Unite link to see a list of all bloggers who have joined in this project, and read what others have written in recognition of this landmark anniversary.

2. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    With the 8th now just around the corner, it's time to amp up the announcements that the blog event is coming. Here's what I wrote on my own blog today:

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Just so happens that Friday is the wife's birthday as well, so Ocho de Mayo is a GOOD day. GB, I hope you get a TON of folks.

4. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Cool! And thanks! I just got promotional images uploaded, so hopefully that will help, too.

[​IMG]

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sounds like a great idea. Sort take the 25th in our own hands instead of having to depend on other people.

Now I just have to remember to post something in my Live Journal and Face Book.

6. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I'll have to watch More than Meets the Eye parts 1-3 during that day!

7. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Promotional images now allow for a range of Autobot and Decepticon G1 characters. My brother (Nick Wright, who's putting these together) is working on non-G1 images, which we hope to have up by the end of the day. Click on the signature image (which is itself an example) to see the options.

8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Tomorrow's the day!

9. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Getting close YAY