Customs: Blocking, filling, etc.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DanHibiki, May 20, 2009.

1. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

Back when I worked with car audio installations, I would use combinations of sanding, bondo, sanding, cat hair for the thin spots, sanding, feather fill for any grooves or scratches, sanding, sweating, primer, sanding to make dips visible, bondo, sanding, etc.

Feather fill was awesome for filling in sanded scratch marks. Are there any small volume products available to the "model" world similar in function and effect? Possibly closer to equal mix ratios as well? A 10:1 ratio would be less than an eye dropper at the amount I would be mixing at a time.

I've been "watering" down clay to press or brush in, but it seems that gets more on my hands or the brush than actually sticking in the grooves.

2. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

Alright then. I'll just go with heavy primer with super fine sanding.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I try to fill it in with very thin amounts of apoxie that I can smooth over with my thumb. Once cured, I fine sand it.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

future can be used to do this. however i am not positive what exactly you are trying to achieve . i mean generally to remove sanding marks i just go through progressive grades of sandpaper like 500 -2000 grit. for deep groves i use superglue and sand that down after its dry.