Blockbuster Files for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iwasherenotyou, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I smell a 2/3 priced PS3 Game :p 

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Remember when us 90s kids went to Blockbuster to print out our Pokemon Snap pictures? I remember renting from there as well. Good times.

Now when I rent games, I go to my local Hastings. 8 dollars a week plus good early return credits = happy me. I have Netflix for movies/tv as well.

4. DoGu

DoGu Active Member

Ebay:
    I used to always rent movies early 2000, but with the internet and the ability to rent online and from other sources, it was a matter of time before these stores would close down.

5. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Read the article. BB is NOT closing, yet. Most of the stores that have already closed were rented buildings, not the ones owned by the company. (kinda opposite of what Kmart did) Also, they hopped on the bandwagon of rentals by mail. They've had it for YEARS. Problem is, they got it up and working very well, then like everything else they do, they got greedy and jacked the rates. I had it for a long time. Good turn around times, swap in store, and a better selection than Netflix at the time. Prices went up, in store swaps were limited, and it went downhill. I feel that their biggest missed opportunity was online/PS3/360 steaming. I don't know that I see the company dying, but I do see a very different BB on the horizon, assuming it survives it's bankruptcy.

I don't want to see them go. I like my movie/game pass. My info comes from a BB store manager that is a good friend of mine. If BB goes away, I still see them keeping the kiosks and by mail.