Heavy/Scratch: Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by evilratbat, Mar 15, 2007.

1. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

I was looking at the starscream and thought i wonder if you could kit bash a screamer classics into a Blitzwing. Any ideas would be Welcome on this as It could be done due to the Wing Fold up just means Some Scratch building maybe Needed to be done

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Are you talking about making a triple changer? It sounds like a great idea.
    The flip up wings will be helpful but your going to need a few other well chosen joints and parts, in order to pull it off. Good luck

3. manyoufactsure

Are you talking about making a triple changer? It sounds like a great idea.
    The flip up wings will be helpful but your going to need a few other well chosen joints and parts, in order to pull it off. Good luck

4. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

can we see galleries of your sig?! "Bang! Zoom!" :D 

5. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

can we see galleries of your sig?! "Bang! Zoom!" :D 

6. manyoufactsure

7. manyoufactsure

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It would be interesting to see, but to get a true Blitzwing, you would need to do a lot of remolding/retooling to get both the jet and tank modes.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It would be interesting to see, but to get a true Blitzwing, you would need to do a lot of remolding/retooling to get both the jet and tank modes.

10. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i would buy a classic blitzwing

11. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i would buy a classic blitzwing

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I would WORSHIP a classics Blitzwing.

13. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I would WORSHIP a classics Blitzwing.

14. manyoufactsure

The cockpit folded into the chest will work but then the tank treads would have to cover the arms up. The nose cone of the plane would be exposed in tank mode.
    For the wings/treads, you could build the split level wing on the underside of the wing. You would need a folding joint, to let the treads unfold and cover the arms but you would be able to flip the wings/treads up on to his back.

I just tried placing Starscream into a modified form of this and this is what I observed. The wing tips don't want to flip back with the arms exposed. You would need to cut off the tip of the wing. But better yet, You also need the wing/tread further back so it covers the sides of the legs, so just cut off a large percentage of the wing but leave enough along the body to attach a new wing, further back.

The only other problem is, where would the turrent go in either mode. It would look better on the jet top, for tank mode but it would need to relocate for jet mode. Maybe have it attach on both the top and bottom but also become an arm cannon.

I think he should try it. I'm currently too busy with some others or I might have.

Edit. I just found out that the arms will fit inside along with the cockpit.

15. manyoufactsure

The cockpit folded into the chest will work but then the tank treads would have to cover the arms up. The nose cone of the plane would be exposed in tank mode.
    For the wings/treads, you could build the split level wing on the underside of the wing. You would need a folding joint, to let the treads unfold and cover the arms but you would be able to flip the wings/treads up on to his back.

I just tried placing Starscream into a modified form of this and this is what I observed. The wing tips don't want to flip back with the arms exposed. You would need to cut off the tip of the wing. But better yet, You also need the wing/tread further back so it covers the sides of the legs, so just cut off a large percentage of the wing but leave enough along the body to attach a new wing, further back.

The only other problem is, where would the turrent go in either mode. It would look better on the jet top, for tank mode but it would need to relocate for jet mode. Maybe have it attach on both the top and bottom but also become an arm cannon.

I think he should try it. I'm currently too busy with some others or I might have.

Edit. I just found out that the arms will fit inside along with the cockpit.

16. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Well from Looking at this in general I would have to Scratch Build a Few parts in general. So if i Take out the arms and use a joint to the waist that will give him a 360 degree turn.

Good thing about blitz is that the hose is small then starscream in general.

So this can be done and the tank mode wouldn't be to hard really when looking into this

17. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

Well from Looking at this in general I would have to Scratch Build a Few parts in general. So if i Take out the arms and use a joint to the waist that will give him a 360 degree turn.

Good thing about blitz is that the hose is small then starscream in general.

So this can be done and the tank mode wouldn't be to hard really when looking into this

18. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow atriple changer out of a simple deluxe starscream. If thoughout carefully and with the right parts, this would make one of the most awesome kitbashes of all time. I can not offer you any help right now since i was never situated with the blitzwing. Therefore i do not know what to say other than good luck and keep us posted on youre progress!

19. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow atriple changer out of a simple deluxe starscream. If thoughout carefully and with the right parts, this would make one of the most awesome kitbashes of all time. I can not offer you any help right now since i was never situated with the blitzwing. Therefore i do not know what to say other than good luck and keep us posted on youre progress!

20. manyoufactsure

I'm not sure what your planning with the waist rotating but it looks like you could do it without messing with the arms. Just cut through the red hip cover and have the piece with the ball ends rotate. The jet side might not allow this since the hinge base for the jet top is inline with the waist.

Good luck.