Customs: Blitzwing repair

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by oddobot, Jun 30, 2006.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Hello all,
    Just a note to see if any of the intelligent souls on here can help me out. My wife bought me a Blitzwing on Ebay
    and god bless her she didn't know there was supposed to be a turret with him. Luckily I had one. But what is the easiest way to re-attach it to the main body while still being able to move it during transformation?

Thanks!
    Oddobot

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This is actually pretty easy. The bottom of Blitzwing's tank turret should be have a "pill-shaped" tab. That tab inserts into the middle of Blitzwing's tank mode - there should be a pill-shaped hole that's about the same size.

Once you insert the tab into the hole, rotate the turret around a few times. This will get the tab to swivel a bit and "lock" the turret into position.

I wish I could take pictures but I'm at work right now. I'll see if I can post some when I get home.

3. oddobot

Ebay:
    nope no tabs. what else could I try?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    This is what you're looking for:
    [​IMG]

If that tab is missing, you could either rebuild the tab yourself, using styrene plastic...OR, the easiest way to do it would just to just get a new Blitzwing tank turret. Check the Junkion Exchange for that.

EDIT: That tab is the only way I can think of to keep Blitzwing's turret both attached and functional. I mean, you could get creative and use a Lego swivel (or any other small-size swivel) and glue the swivel between the tank body and turret...However, Blitzwing tank turrets are relatively expensive and SOMEBODY should have one for little $$ on the board.

5. oddobot

Ebay:
    Everytime I try and use the Exchange, it denies me access. The toy is packed up for the move right now, but i'll look around and see what I can find. Thanks man you've been a great help, if you can think of anything else let me know!

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    You might be trying to use the modern format, which we decided to stop using, which would explain the denied access. I figure that, if you post a thread in the "Junkion Exchange classic," you'll get a few responses. Just FYI.

7. KeatonBale

KeatonBale Well-Known Member

I need help with my Blitzwing turrent

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Considering how old this thread is, the pics don't work anymore. Can you post some pics of your Blitzwing's problem?

9. KeatonBale

Just its loose and the turret keeps failing off

10. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    From what I remember of Blitzwing ( he's in storage right now ), he had a little post that is held onto his back by a screw. The turret goes on over top of it. If you turn the t-shaped post 90° so that it sits horizontal on his back instead of vertical, the turret will stay on better in robot mode.

11. KeatonBale

Ok can u show a pic please and it was Blitzwing

12. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I would be happy to except....
    Bolded and underlined for emphasis.

It's not hard to figure out on your own. If the turret is falling off, just take it all the way off. You'll see a little bar. Turn it sideways. You may have to loosen a screw first, then retighten it.

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Okay, I googled up a picture for you.

[​IMG]

See the part I circled? That is the way it's supposed to be. The problem is that the hole in the bottom of the turret lines up with that part while it's pointing straight like it's supposed to 90% of the time. On mine, I turned that piece sideways and tightened that screw and his turret fits a lot more snugly now. Most of the looseness was from the tab falling through the slot simply because they line up.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That T-bar is supposed to have a tab on the end of the post that goes into a notch in the bottom of the hole and keeps it from moving. Almost every one I've seen has that tab broken off so the t-bar just spins around, even when screwed down tight.

When it happened to mine I cut off a section of the post, creating a new tab. I then screwed it down and the turret has been tight ever since. This also shortens the post and holds down the turret tighter.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015