Minor/Repaint: Blitzwing Minor Flip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tampalicious, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Not much to say. Speaks for itself. Classics sized Blitzwing. Thundercracker and Warpath molds. Turret and treads are held in place with a plastic hair tie. Basically, imagine Jetfire's backpack, but I haven't gotten around (or care to) to making pegs for it.
    He's a leaner, much like Delicate Warrior.
    G1 Motormaster sword. G1 Blurr gun combined with a seeker gun.
    I'm not a professional, Far from it. This was done for the love of a G1 Transformers character.
    CC welcome, but just remember, I'm nowhere near a "Radycon", and don't claim to be.
    Still, I'm very happy with my Blitzwing next to my Protector, and thats what this hobby is all about.
    If you have your own little radycon shop, and feel like being a smartass, just keep your shit to yourself.
    This was just for fun, and I'm just so proud of you for being better than me and the folks like me.
    Good for you.
    Also, my camera is a piece of utter shit, but I'm happy to be able to at least post the gist of my character.
    This isn't going on ebay. This is a fan creation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the Blurry pics, that's just how I roll.
    Oh yea, he transforms, but I keep my figs in robot mode, so it doesn't really matter. Turret obviously attaches in the same manner when in vehicle modes.....
    Just a lil classics bot, obviously not meant to be MP, but I bet he'll look nice next to Hercules.
    Merry Christmas

Attached Files:

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    lets see the alt mode, i like the colors on that, kinda want to make one myself

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    If you could post the alt modes, that would be great.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Nice, but here's hoping you can provide more (not to mention clearer) pictures.

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    HOLY MOTHER!!! lovin' it!!! 3thumbs up man, do underestimate yourself go for the kill and revisit this one after you found some other bots to test some skillz ;) 

6. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Looking great so far! The robot mode screams Blitzwing.

7. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

I think it looks great, but I'd say there is no need to 1. belittle your own work and 2. be so quick to put up your shields. I haven't noticed anyone being overly harsh in there comments. Believe me, I've seen some bad one. Good luck on your next project and I hope you enjoyed making this. Also, plz some alt-mode pics, even if you don't pose them in alt-mode doesn't mean we the people do not want to see the fruits of your labor. I for one would love to see what this looks like transformed, cuz I might steal the idea.:D 

8. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Agreed with... her?

9. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Looks good. I like the mold choice of Warpath. Most of the Blitzwings I've seen have used deluxe movie Brawl. Your custom is unique and a great match.

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I am definitely liking this ALOT. Altho I really want to see the Alt mode, but I respect your decision in not posting them yet.

But I've gotta say, your work looks great :thumb 

11. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

thanks for the comments! I was afraid I would get put down since I'm not as knowledgable in alot of things like pin removal and finishing techniques.
    I'll go ahead and post some pics of the altmode , but right now I'm a little tired from christmas, I drank quite a bit.
    That's probably why I came off kinda defensive. Also, I was frustrated because the thread wouldn't post and I had to try 3 times before I realized the attachment was needed.
    There are still some things I'd like to do with it, a little silver on the thruster/heels and on that little crescent shaped thing above the cockpit. I also should have covered it with tape before the initial spray-paint, but I was going for DW comics/toon accuracy so the purple cockpit works for robot mode.
    The turret is a pain because it is so heavy.
    And I do have to admit that if I took the time to learn about pin removal I could experiment much more.
    I was also scared someone would take the word flip in the title the wrong way, thank god everyone knows what I meant this time :) 
    Thanks again! I'll try to get those pics up, and I'll try my hand at that Oil Slick to Cy-Kill repaint. That's a good example of how pin removal could help the paint process.
    Later guys!

12. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

Yes, it's her.:) 

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good, really like the colors, don't worry about the comments, 99% are good here, think once in a while you get a bad one, but they usually get chewed out pretty good lol

also would like to see the alt modes with the base molds hanging around here, i wouldn't mind trying my hand at it