Blitzwing: Deluxe or Voyager?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lunar_Convoy, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

This has really been bugging me lately since we've all seen pretty much every single other Animated toy, and we haven't heard about one damn thing about Blitzwing, except the fact that his face WILL change and he will be a tripple changer. I think a voyager would be a good size for him if we're talking scale, but some people may prefer a deluxe version. Serriously I wanna know more info about the toy and your thoughts on this matter.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, having seen how toys like Lockdown turned out, I suspect a Deluxe Blitzwing would still turn out really kickass and in decent scale.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i am actually very curious as to how they will make Blitzwing. all i know is that if he is too small, im gonna be seriously ticked. and his shoulder cannons better tilt forward

and i know he probably isnt big enough, but if he was leader, that would rule-each head would say something different, and his shoulder things gould glow different colors.

4. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    it was confirmed he was a voyager when we first heard of him and saw the concept drawing the first time

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

considering how we haven't heard a thing, and we had comfermed that universe galvatron would be a "ultra" and turned out to be a deluxe, i would say, there is no way to know what it will be, but my gut guess would be, that it will be a deluxe, because most of the others are deluxe transformers.

6. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

as long as it's done right...that's all that matters. i really like all the animated toys i've seen thus far even despite scale. Doubt this would be any different.

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

it will most likely be a voyager considering the concept art for it but whatever class it will still be wicked sick

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering all "sources" says he's Deluxe and also considering the DELUXE ULTRA Galvatron, he's probably Deluxe.

9. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I like the idea that came about that he'll be packaged into his compact tank mode as a deluxe figure, but, like Lockdown, the bot transforms into something more Voyager-ish.

Too bad that there's been little confirmation thus far. Botcon's not so far away though, is it?

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    umm.....all sources said voyager...he might be deluxe by what happened to galvatron...but by what little info we got...HE IS PLANNED TO BE A VOYAGER

okay...that settled

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    how will he be packaged? tank, jet, maybe bot mode? who knows?

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Save for the Prime vs Megs 2-pack, it doesn't appear that any of the figures are packaged in bot mode. My guess is that Blitzwing will be packaged in jet mode so that it looks bigger and seems to be more bang for the buck if sold at a Deluxe price point.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    leaders are in bot mode as well

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I keep hearing he's a Voyager. And I know it doesn't count for much, but his TF Wikia page says he's a Voyager, and they're almost always well informed.

I would prefer a Voyager Blitzwing, since at least he would have a better chance at a face-changing gimmick.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh really? As far as I know the tf08 site and Peaugh both got DELUXE BLITZWING from their sources.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only thing I don't get is why people keep saying: "Oh, Galvatron was going to be an Ultra, but now he's a deluxe, so Blitzwing's going to be a Deluxe too" ?

I don't really see how the two are comparable. Galvatron was confirmed an Ultra but made it to a deluxe. Blitzwing was never confirmed as any scale and we still haven't gotten any word on him.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm hoping he turns out to be a Voyager, like we first heard from Hasbro last year. This could end up being similar to Universe Galvatron's case, where they said one size class, but end up going with another one instead (they've had plenty of time to make that change). Either way, I'll still be getting him. Possibly even multiples, to display in his three different modes (or even a kitbash of some sort). I still think that they should package half of the Blitzwing's in tank mode, and the other half in jet mode (that is assuming both modes could fit in the same sized packaging). I'm not sure how that would set with MISB collectors, but I personally think it would be funny/cool to see. In the end, as long as we get an awesome Blitzwing figure, that isn't hindered too much by being a triple-changer, or having 3 different heads, I'll be happy (even more happy if a prototype is shown at Botcon).

If my memory is correct, the slide at SDCC that had Lugnut and Blitzwing on it said that he was a Voyager, and I even think that the representatives said it when they got to the slide. Either way, they've still had plenty of time to change the size class of him to a Deluxe (It's only one size class down, Galvatron jumped down 2, which is actually a major jump down in scale, imo).

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that Lockdown is a special case, going from a Deluxe-sized vehicle to a robot that manages to be taller than my Ultra-sized Jetstorm, and that this concept could be applied to other Deluxe Decepticons. However, Blitzwing, being a triple changer, might be more difficult to engineer if he had to pack two distinctly different vehicles modes into a Deluxe size yet be able to transform into a Voyager-sized robot. Maybe he'll just be a Deluxe size no matter what mode he's in. Blackarachnia is like that, and so are Soundwave and Oil Slick.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I heard voyager.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I doubt they would do that, because then people (parents or mis-informed kids) would by two Blitzwings thinking they were different figures.

Even though Technically he jumped two scales, he really only jumped down one since there are no Voyagers in Universe so far. And besides, Galvatron has nothing to do with this. By that logic Lugnut should be down as a Deluxe aswell. Besides, looking at his concept art, Blitz's very complex for a deluxe. (and not complex like Deluxe Prime complex, like it would look scary-fragile during trransformation.

While I prefer Blitz as a Voyager, he could be a deluxe, but the Galvatron argument just holds no weight.