Blended Styles

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Nov 24, 2010.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I was looking at the back of an in-package Tomahawk and noticed that his features were much less Bayverse than most of the releases set in the movie continuity, much like Seaspray, Breacher and the like. My question is: can we make a list of bots that blend aesthetics enough to moderately blend with two lines? Anyone with great examples feel free to chime in.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Would start with "all of the original molds for NEST and HftD." Some are more or less "hybrid" but all of Hasbro's designs that didn't go through ILM first have a bit of the more "traditional" feel.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't need a list just use your personal opinion. What line a figure looks best with is totally a matter of taste. A bunch of people complained that Seaspray could not possibly be classics because of his bird leg design.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Sea Spray was actually supposed to BE the original Seaspray, but since his bio had him interacting with movie dudes, he's a movie guy in the story. Curse you packaging design and your messing up of intentions!
    Anyways, A lot of the more recent original molds feel more heavily G1 inspired, Like Tomahawk, Seaspray, Hubcap and the like. Before HFTD and RTS, NEST and ROTF did have some pretty heavily G1 inspired toys (like Bludgeon), but nothing to the extent of the more recent lines. It actually seems like the movie toy lines are starting to be assimilated by G1 update lines, and right before DOTM comes out, there'll probably be almost no movie stuff, and then a huge wave of it will burst into the stores in the form of the DOTM toyline.