bleach fans? hello?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by KA, Feb 11, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm just starting to watch this on my local station which introduced a late nite anime slot. purdy good!

just watched the epi with the kid fighting the hollow who killed his mom. the dad cracks me up, heheh.

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

On Adult Swim its up the them going as a group invading the Soul Society getting past the gate.

3. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

The manga is excellent. The anime is adequate. Inconsistent animation, repetitive music, and lackluster direction mar what should be a fantastic adaptation. Sometimes it feels as though they're doing only the bare minimum necessary to bring Bleach to the screen; I watch it partly out of loyalty, and partly because there are some really kickass episodes buried amongst all the mediocrity.

You might as well skip the Bount arc when it comes on - as filler, it's better than some, but that's not saying much.

The latest episode (114) gave me a little hope, though. It had the best animation I've seen in the series for quite some time, and about halfway through it they introduced a Latin-flavored piece of music that knocked my socks off.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Watched ep 1 when they started releasing TVB dubs. Its not bad.

5. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

The Manga is incredible. Omfg spoilers:
    #9 is Kaien!

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Manga is good as hell....I watch bleach a lot-I have somehoew managed to not see animation quality-or beyond it-.

Though as usual the bad guys have to ve the oh so damn awsomely intelligent.

im a fan-and well with the signature really who couldnt tell-and I know they are called vaizard, I just havent bothered to change it.

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep hearing this name thrown about since coming back into anime.

What's it about?

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bout this kid who hunts ghost in the guise of a high schooler. the funs in the hijinks at school and home, the serious bits are anchored by the protagonist loss of his mom.

9. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so it's a comedy? Or a drama?

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    drama tinged with absurd comedy.

the dads frickin hilarious.

11. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, thanks man. I will have to check it out!

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Kinda an overall anime mix of action/drama/comedy, mostly action oriented.

Bleach is alright, been watching it up here as it comes on right after Fulll Metal Alchemist (which I have yet to see all the way through). The main problem is it's to Drangonball Z-esq in nature, although no were close to as bad.

It just seems it takes forever for anybody to get anywhere, events to take place, and stuff to happen. I'm on episode 22-23 right now and it seems like it's taken forever to get this far into the series, and at the same time it also feels like little has happened and progress made. I would summarize it's problems as there's a lot of great potential watching it but it really has a lot of problems pacing itself. That and all the events and stuff going on seems fragmented which also adds to this pacing issue. For example in each episode its like you have all this fluff going on, then cutting to something important, then the episode ends, then the next episode you pick up on what you think is going to be a continuation of something interesting as 2 minutes later we seem to have resolved everything and more fluff ensues. Kinda reminds me of a soap opera that way, you can watch a handful of episodes, leave for a wile, come back, and nothings really changed or happened, or at least nothing you cant get brought up to speed rather quickly.

Anyway its worth checking out on TV if its on, but not a series I could watch religiously. I keep hearing how good the manga is, might have to check that out one of these days.

13. Spartan-117

Read the manga, it beats the show so badly it isn't even funny.

14. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I do like some humor in my anime. I don't really read manga, but it sounds like a good place to start.

How long is the show 27 eps? How many books in the manga?

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Cant remember but the shows like 120+ episodes, like I said very Dragonball-esq. Manga is from what I know like 26 novel size books in Japan.

16. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

well, the show is on it's 114th episode and the manga is on it's 262nd chapter, IIRC, I've just watched bleach, and although I can tell sometimes on the animation, it's not really that bad...of course there are some mistakes, but all series have them...

It's only been dubbed up to the 22nd episode so far, so we are just getting into the thick of things...it gets better, I promise..

17. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good god! Thats long!

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's one of those long, ongoing Shonen series in the vein of Dragonball, Inuyasha, or Naruto. As long as there's still manga material to adapt and interest in the franchise, it'll keep going for the foreseeable future.

19. Spartan-117

Long but excellent. The DBZ comparisons are unfounded because there's some originality and variety in Bleach's continuing plot, yeah they get power ups and stuff but there are actually massive plot twists and subtle character developments.
    Seriously, read the manga and ignore the show. The art and pacing are far superior, especially when you read it as a whole (it's a bit of a bitch waiting for a new chapter every week). I went through about 100 chapters in a night when I started reading it.
    At first I thought it would be stereotypical bullshit but there's a lot of depth to the characters and you get some serious suprises, anyone who has read the SS Arc will know what I'm talking about.

20. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

The manga is far far better then the anime, as others have stated.

I think its gotten slightly more serious as the series has progressed though. still funny at times.

sort of like naruto actually. which has really been good in recent chapters.