Bleach: Blade of Fate...actually good??

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Blaster_Prime, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I stopped watching anime in college...after a while all the series started becoming the same damn thing over and over again and nothing really interested me enough to watch it. One of my last anime series I enjoyed was Bleach, which I watched religously via fansubs. After the first big story arc (rescuing Rukia) that was it to me...Renji on earth? T.T Ruined forever...

So then it came to the states...oh great...another good series soon to be drowned in crappy dubbing/story editing and "CTN Otakus."
    Out of curiosity I watched a little of the dubbed Bleach...bad idea...I nearly got an anurism.

So Blade of Fate came out on the DS and...it is good?? How can this be? It's an anime based game...how can that be possible? Beleive it or not, it is a great fighter for the DS. The fighters are balanced...to a certain extent, the Spiritual Pressure System keeps you thinking about the way you fight, and it has a ton of playable characters.

Obviously you have to sit through the horrid butchering of the story and over simplification of characters' personalities, but once you get to the meat and potatoes of the game, it is well worth the money you spend on it.

If you are looking for a good game to play for a while after beating Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, be sure to pick this up.

2. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I painfuly sat through 30 some odd episodes. I though it was horrible subbed or dubbed. To me it is right up there with narto and dbz. But I like a more relistic anime series or real robot stories.

As for the game, it was okay. I also tried the one on the wii thanks to a friend renting. Which I also have to say is a good game. And an increable layout for a fighter. I only hope soul calibur for the wii uses simalar controls.

3. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I have Shattered Blade for Wii and I think its great. My only qualm is they didn't include the Japanese voice overs.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I can answer your question in one word.

Treasure.

No further explanation is necessary.

5. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I feel your pain, there is no possible way to replace the intensity of Ichigo's japanese voice.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

as much as I think Johnny Young Bosch as an actor is awesome I simply cannot like the English voice overs of bleach.....

that being said game is gold

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I imported the Sequel to this game and it is way up their with Jump Ultimate Stars, best fighter games for portable systems ever.

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

But why? Most games nowadays offer both tracks. There really is no excuse for this.

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Depends, usually, I haven't touched the bleach Wii us version so I don't know weather the Japanese audio track is there.

but I would have killed for that feature in my gundam seed , and 0080 ps2 games....(or maybe I havent found the option)

and I do remember Ubisoft and Microsoft making a big deal out of having both voice overs- Japanese and English- on the Naruto 360 games.