Minor/Repaint: Blaze Master gets an upgrade!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Blaze Master is pretty much the most basic of basic mods.

He started out as part of my project of eliminating the need for Cyber Keys on my Cybertron figs - in this case, Evac. That was easy enough; as with many of them, I just trimmed down the supplied Cyber Key to the little hexagonal 'button', filed the tab to make a looser fit, and glued it to the switch inside the key port.

Due to my dislike for having exposed faction labels in disguised modes, I sanded off the Autobot logo from the winch, and applied a topcoat of Inscribe Pearly Glaze, just to smooth it out and help it match the rest. I did put an Autobot rubsign on the underside of the chopper, though, just so he could reveal himself if the need arose.

But by this point, I'd already noticed his resmblance to the Micromaster Blaze Master, so I took it to its logical conclusion. I filed of the protrusion at the top of his chest, so I had somewhere I could apply a proper Reprolabel insignia once it was painted. I basically painted up the chest and head with navy blue, the shoulders with golden yellow, and the face and crotch with gold overlaid on terracotta.

Attached Files:

2. Fighbird

Fighbird Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice one! Really suits the mold. :) 

3. doomtron

doomtron 3p noob

News Credits:
    i like it. he could also pass for an optimal op

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks. I was pleased with how well the mould fit for BM; I like that he's tooled up with close combat weapons - I see him keeping his opponent snared with the winch while he has at them with his rotor blades. And for longer-range actions, he's got his napalm launchers - missiles filled with that handy self-igniting adhesive.

But Op Op? I'm not sure I see that, DT. What are your cues..?