Minor/Repaint: Blayne's Transformer WIPs (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by blaynescott, Jan 6, 2012.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey everyone,

It's a habit of mine to have a multitude of unfinished projects on the go - usually they're waiting on Dremel work (I have to do that sparingly, as I'm living in an apartment right now), parts in the mail, a specific color of paint - you name it.

To help focus me (and get some creative feedback) I've decided to post these here. Once a projects done, I'll move it to it's own thread, and post a link here.

I'm also doing this so I can post a sticky of sorts on my site, linking to my Transformer-themed custom projects.

(Until the image hosting/albums at TFW are restored, I'll be hotlinking to images on my webspace):

Powercore Combiner Arms - made from Scramblecore Shapeways Female/Female port connector // cut in half, and mounted inside a KO Animated Prime's Arms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nemesis Prime (Cyberverse)

[​IMG]

Nemesis Prime (PCC Combiner) - PCC Menasor-ish figure with Classics 2-pack prime head + PCC helicopter mini-head (Resculpted). Will be modifying the chest to remove the Minicon port.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Megatron (8" Action masters) - made from a Mattel 'Blazing Sword' Voltron, and resculpted Megatron head from the iGear 'Evil Leader'.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deathrace Transformer - made from a Human Alliance Bumblee + HA Sideswipe (chairs) + Universe Barricade head.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fansproject Flameblast head replacement - Recast/Resculpted FP head pops right on the existing neck-ball.

[​IMG]

2. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blayne, do the Ani-Prime arms store on Crankcase in vehicle mode?

3. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Not yet. Since they transform into two rectangles, I was going to make them into a trailer with some syrene work, and have magnets connecting the two halves together. That way, as a trailer, it'll be kept in shades of grey and black, allowing me to switch them on to other PCCs and not look too odd.

4. bkz

bkz Deceptifiend

Hey blayne, I know exactly what you mean with the 1,000 wip figures, I do the same thing. I really enjoy the pcc ones you started, the arms look like they would work well with heavytread cause of the size of his head. When it's all painted I don't think the size of the arms will stand out so much and it will add bulk to the trailer. Can't wait to see the finished product!

5. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks good so far.

6. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Hey bkz,

Thanks for the comment. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make the two arms (coming from the Left/Right of an Animated Prime KO oversize) into a cohesive trailer. I think I'll settle on something with magnets to connect them - and reshape their general look with styrene so it looks like a short trailer with a single set of wheels.

I appreciate the reminder that I have a WiP thread, as I have about 8 other figures I really need to photograph that are nearing compeltion. (Plus the ones listed above, heh).