Blaster in Transformers the movie 1986

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ang3l3s, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

He was there in the begining when autobot city was getting attacked but after nowhere to be seen but perceptor was there??

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess he stayed behind to clean up the mess with whoever else survived while the others went to help Spike and Bumblebee

3. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    In one of the draft scripts (which is floating around somewhere online) Blaster and some others -including Sunstreaker, I think - stay on Earth after missing Magnus's shuttle and wage a guerilla battle against some remaining Decepticons. He comes across quite well doing it, too ;) .

4. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    This is true. Apparently we would have gotten some pretty brutal death scenes for some of the Autobots not shown on-screen in the film. Also, Wheeljack was supposed to be with them too. Makes you wonder if he was really dead in the earlier scene, he didn't turn black/white after all.

5. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Oh yeah, sunstreaker and hound came with optimus to earth. So i guess it's safe to say that sunstreaker , hound, huffer and bluestreak dies as well??

6. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Well, seeing as it was the 80's, I think Blaster transformed into a boombox and played a "let's clean this place up" montage as the other surviving Autobots scrubbed the place clean.

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Poor Blaster...I always loved that character. And not just as a counterpoint to Soundwave- what with complementary tape beings in his chest, but as his own unique creation. That borderline rap style delivery, his ethno-centric accent with just the right flavor of respectful and no hint of stereo (pardon the pun) type. Yeah, he is pretty much all win.

Now, how to bring him forward into the current movieverse-centric world? Soundwave become a Mercedes...so what would Blaster become while still staying true to his iconic roots?