Heavy/Scratch: Blarrrghh!! Terrorcon Hun-Grrr (WiP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deaculpa, Jan 30, 2010.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    4.8.10 - added gundam torso pieces to help eliminate that animated look. made hind feet but i asnt satisfied so im gonna take another swing.
    pieces for sinnertwin arrived today, updates coming tonight!

2.21.10 - those TFA megatron thighs have never jived with me so i finally sat and stared at all my toys till i found something to replace them. a fewmonths back i happend to come across a huge loose gundam toy, Hun-grrr's new thighs are made from the gundam's bicepts. i like these so much better and it gets rid of a little of that animated look, and also gives an additional rotating joint at the top of the thigh.

oh, his head is actually attached now, previously its been sitting loose. no chance to take altmode pics with the new legs, some of the apoxie is still drying on one of the legs (you can see i've shaved the one on the left down toward the knee), ill try to post them tomorrow. some of the dragon head pieces are removed in these photos.
    i think im past the 50% mark with this guy, still a ton of work to do him, mostly inside though, for abominus mode, also still need to attach the rear feet for altmode.
    all crits welcome.

2.17.10 - update - witht the holiday weekend i was able to put some work in on the tail and forelegs for the altmode. really need to finish off the paneling on the chest and smooth out those edges.

2.2.10 - fun with putty today. working on paneling on the chest. added articulated alternator swindle hands and head. the paneling isnt attached yet, just stuck on till i settle. maybe 30% done on this guy. lots left to do so dont even think this is close to a finshed product.

Awwww yeah.
    Finally got a start on this today, just a preview to hold you down.
    Im (maybe) gonna veer off the G1 track a little for altmode, I'm considering four (yes 4) X-Wing style wings, 2 jutting from each of Meg's rotor pylons. Not from a literal X-Wing, but wings of my choice positioned in that fashion.
    But nothing in stone yet. The altmode heads/mouths open 180 degrees in robo mode, but are strong enough to support Meg's weight at other angles/positions.

While not pictured, I've cut off Meg's head, and the original LEDs are still in place and working, so possible chest-activated bonus! but Im not sure how to separate the lights from the voice sounds, anyone that can help on that tip, please pm me. I'd hate for Hungrrr to sound like a helicopter or be talking about the allspark, that'd be a G1 party foul.

Im also looking for a set of articulated hands that might work on this fig, Im thinking possibly MP Prime's, suggestions are welcome. i think prime's might be too big to replace Meg's and still maintain transformation.

All Criticism welcome, special thanks to Zmog.

*yes, his altmode is upside-down in the last pic.

Attached Files:

2. cobramatt96

cobramatt96 autobot spc ops

looks cool

3. bakublade

bakublade Well-Known Member

thats really cool and where did you get the comic

4. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Nice use of Megs' legs.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow... you're moving fast! Looks great so far man... those heads really were the perfect size, weren't they? :D 

zmog

6. prodigal

prodigal Active Member

I believe the feet are Demonsheads from the Zoids Blox system? hope the spindly teeth can bear the weight without breaking or denting - this looks to be a pretty heavy figure, physically.

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    thank you, the comic is from the Devils Due comic series G.I. Joe vs Transformers III The Art of War.

thanks! i like how the shell revolves so i can hide the altmode fins, although i dont really need to. im looking to replace Meg's thighs though, they'r thin and have a lot of that animated feel which i need to get rid of.

indeed! i want these guys done! thank you for modeling them for me, the head should be arriving today

you are correct, its the Zoids Demonshead from the Chimera Dragon set. The teeth are actually rather strong, no issues there. thats one thing i can say about zoids, very sturdy. i included another photo below that shows the teeth better. thank you for your interest!

Attached Files:

8. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I've been waiting for this one...ooooohhhh, looks so good!!!! More Please!

9. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    update*

10. SMOG

More awesomeness! It's looking good so far! Nice work. I stared at those purple panels for a full minute before I recognized where they were from! :D 

I think I'm going to have to steal this idea for myself. Or steal it back, whatever. :) 

zmog

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    say it .... zoids WARDICK! i noticed the shoulder panels werent completely straight after my camera battery died. meh.

aaaa! im copyrightin this bitch and shuttin you out!
    really, this wouldnt exist without you, and if it makes you bash, more power to you!

12. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

updates=even more hungry (pun intended!)

Love those added chest and shoulder pieces...still more PLEASE!!!

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow. That is a good reason to get that animated figure for 20 bucks.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm, liking where this is going so far, will you be making the rest of them and have them combine somehow? The terrorcons always were my fave combiner team. And the Predicons, but that's a different thread.

15. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    that is sick:bowdown: 

16. SMOG

I've been planning on making a HunGrr out of Vector Prime, like others have done... I didn't even consider TFA Megatron until we were discussing your Terrorcons (who already use a lot of Animated bits). I'm amazed how well it's turning out! :thumbs2: 

zmog

17. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    given youre choice of alternate mode it reminds me a little of beastmachines. coool

18. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    since i've had to wait so long to make progress, i'm trying to move fast. i will keep it as updated as i can for you, youre my biggest (and only) fan, i'll see what i can do tonight.

Thanks! someone else said they were on sale at TRU, but not at mine. :( 

thank you, but this is the only terrorcon im making. its just too hard! ;) 
    Cutthroat
    Rippersnapper
    Blot

and they will combine. thanks for your interest!

whoa whoa whoa, you havent seen altmode :)  it will still be the dual-headed dragon, just makin the robot mode first. but it will indeed be tought to convert the rotor pylons on megs into something dragon-esque. check the thread for updates, thanks!

its funny, i really only chose the animated figs because thats how menchoy did it with divebomb and rampage, with the ani grimlock. and now look where we're at? that blot is a real mish mash of characters, but all animated! btw, i think i figured out how to cut the sounds out of megs but keep the lights working, replacing the light that was in megs head and sticking it into swindle's head. and ive commissioned a special one-off head for abominus, which should fit over hungrrr's head, if you see where im going with this :) 

19. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    *update.*

20. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

He is looking great!