BlackZarak

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Takeshi357, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    So I've been watching Masterforce again, and I've been thinking, they never really did explain what was up with this guy. Okay, so he's basically an update of the original Scorponok, we know that much...but the extent of this update we're left in the dark from.

I mean, his personality for one thing; namely that he doesn't really have one. It actually kind of makes sense, since when Ginrai defeats him with God Fire Guts and his head lays on the ground in flames, we see that Zarak (or Scorponok, whichever you prefer to call the original Headmaster) isn't there, but the transtector itself is pretty much the one calling the shots. So is Devil Z pulling the strings? And if so, what's the extent of his control?

And where exactly did BlackZarak come from anyway? I mean, considering he's said to be an update of the original Scorponok, but if the Headmaster isn't there, and Zarak's original transtector was destroyed at the end of Headmasters...what happened to Zarak himself?

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    This should answer your question (TFwiki is your friend :) )

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scorponok_(G1)#Super-God_Masterforce_Master_File
    With the Decepticons at last forced off of Earth, the Autobots also left the planet, and Transformers' war transitioned into a series of space-based exchanges between Chaar and Athenia, which became known as the Master Wars. To rejoin the fight, Scorponok had a new Transtector constructed, much smaller than his old one (comparatively speaking – it was still taller than a combiner), but outfitted with hyper-dense armor. Before he could connect with this new body, Scorponok was captured by the mysterious alien entity Devil Z, who had been in hibernation on Earth until recently, and saw a use for Scorponok in his plan to create the ultimate lifeform. Devil Z brainwashed Scorponok, placing him, and by extension the entire Decepticon army, under his control, and then allowed him to link up with his new Transtector. Rather than forming the head for his Transtector, however, Scorponok controlled it from it within its chest cavity, wired directly into its systems from there, with a new "decoy" head placed between its shoulders. Now, Scorponok was BlackZarak.
    The former Decepticon ninja, Sixshot, learned what had befallen Scorponok, and alerted the Autobots to the existence of Devil Z on Earth. The news of this shadowy controller reached the Autobots just as the Trainbots reported the first sighting of BlackZarak in the shadows of a meteor cluster, and the concerned Autobots decided to send a collection of Transtectors to the small Autobot group under the command of Metalhawk that was still on Earth, which he used to transform human beings into Autobot warriors to aid in the battle against Devil Z's forces. From Master File No, 1

3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    ...also, wrong section, I meant to post this in the general discussion.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Anyway, I don't remember that from the Master File thingy. They really should have included that part of the final clipshow on the DVD!

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You might be confusing The Big Book of Masterforce clip show episode with Master File. Master File is a pamphlet/newsletter that they sent out to members of the Japanese TF Club back then :) 

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I guess so.

I still find it kind of interesting that Japanese seemed to love pulling off the whole "superpowered alien controls the Decepticons via proxy commander/s". Kind of reminds me of what Unicron did in the UK comics so it's not all that ridicilous.