Blackrachnia Back To Elita-1

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by psj333, Apr 12, 2009.

1. psj333

psj333 Banned

Will Blackarachnia changed herself back to Elita-1 in the future episodes of season 3?

2. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Maybeh. Doubt it.

3. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

not without more episodes.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Title needs question mark.

5. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read someone's post here about Wyatt saying Waspinator won't be back this season. Since Waspinator is with Blackarachnia wherever she is, I would assume we won't see her again either.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ What he said. There is little to no chance of it happening. Maybe the "Maximals" accept BA as a spider... ?

7. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

It was confirmed that Waspinator wasn't coming back this season, and at this point they can't revisit BA without him showing up in some capacity... so basically, Blackarachnia and Waspinator have just been effectively written out of the show (for now).

This is as much closure as we're going to get on her arc unless we get a fourth season. Disapointing, but honestly there wasn't much more they could do with her as it was. She was a one-trick pony. "I hate being organic, I want to be normal, if you don't help me be normal again I'll kick your skidplate and do it myself...". The only two resolutions to that are either:

1. She becomes normal.

2. She accepts how she is now.

1 would remove her character from the show (as "Blackarachnia" would no longer exist), and 2 would raise too many more plot points to cover in the time they had left. (Sentinel's reaction to her would be a good example of the situation she'd be in should her status become public knowledge. Just because she accepts it doesn't mean that everyone would, and given the apparent organic phobia of the average Cybertronian* she wouldn't be that much better off than she is already.)

* = Organic planets are off-limits ["Along came a Spider"], and they have detectors and force fields whose entire purpose appears to be keeping Organic life-forms off their ships ["The Elite Guard"]. That suggests that the "organic repulsion" isn't exclusive to Sentinel.

So yeah. The only way Blackarachnia is going to be accepted back into the Autobots is either by becoming Elita-1 again, or by convincing the Cybertronian populace to re-examine their views on organic life.

Either way, too much to cover in the span of one or two episodes, so she got put on a bus until the writers can find some way to deal with her that doesn't destroy her character or make her seem (even more) like a broken record.

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I would think she'd stick with being organic. Just to creep out Sentinel.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    One scene that S250 told me got cut (for time reasons):

Femmescream apparently saves Blackarachnia.

Dunno any scenes leading up to it, or after it, or much more ... but he said that was one of the scenes that was removed (originally thought because it left doors open to a 4th season, later confirmed by Derrick Wyatt that if a scene was cut, it was for time reasons)

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Highlight:

Wonder what "saves" is defined as...

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Not likely but you never know.

12. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Does that leave open the fact season 4 may happen. It seems to detract from everything else that's been said. Hmm... cut for time reasons. Poor femmescream just can't get a break.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldnt that mean that we wont see Femmescream this season, or in other words ever? If she was meant to team up with BA and possibly Wasp and those characters arent coming back this season....Well that sucks. Will the two just show up together in another episode with no explination? I still dont buy the cut scene line but DW has always been honest before so who knows?

I'm really hating all these last minutes saves at the end of the episodes. It was cool in seasons 1 &2 but why keep showing that characters survive if were not gonna see them again?

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ This, S3 is kinda disappointing to me, as it's leaving so many things unanswered. :( 

15. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

bout topic's question, no more Blackarachnia and Waspinator in this season, you can read it in part 2 of Derrick Wyatt's interview

bout scene Kickback told us... damn, would love to see those two in one scene! and bout 'saving' i understand taking from the place where she is now

and if season 3 is season finale than it kinda suck there's so many not answered storylines. Dunno what happened exactly to Constructicons, now Dinobots, Predacons. And i think there's gonna be more things like this.

16. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the shape of her unmasked head looks halfway between BA and G1 Elita. Maybe if there is another season she would be healed and have her butterfly headshape? And maybe femmiscream would join them like wasp as a test subject? Airazor anyone?

17. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I hope she gets turned back. I loved the Elita-One design they came up with, and I've also wanted to see a G1-style Elita-One. Her turning back means giving us one or the other, so come on. This plot strand needs some sort of closure.

18. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I think one of the reasons organic planets were off-limits
    is because what happened to elita/BA, happened before.
    Once a TF becomes too organic there's no way back.
    There's probably a little organic matter in the protoform to begin with.
    Even if she does return to normal,
    she's looking at serious prison time.
    She willingly joined decepticons.
    She's crossed too many lines.
    I doubt we'll see a resolution to her story in season 3.
    If at all, if season 3 is it.
    Hope not.

19. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    You know what, that raises a really interesting point - and not just for the Animated timeline (which, hopefully, will be continued by IDW in comic form one way or another).

So far, we haven't seen an official story, set in any timeline, which demonstrated the onset of the 'Great Upgrade' from Autobot/Decepticon to Maximal/Predacon.

What if there are timelines out there in which the process did not run quite as smoothly as one might expect?

What if there was a severe split between those who agreed with the evolution offered them, and others who saw it as tantamount to blasphemy?

Indeed, that if the biomechs left on the 'wrong' side of this development did not depart the stage of history willingly?

(Even though in some timelines, it's been shown that a Maximal or Predacon may opt for a mechanical alt mode, as well as an organic one, the fairly seamless manner in which they can pick and choose between these options implies that even if they can turn into a car instead of a cheetah, there is still that level of organic technology in there, as part of their being...

...a step too far for some bio-mechs, perhaps.)

20. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Even if she changed EVERYTHING physical about herself down to the atomic level, she would still be Blackarachnia and not Elita-1. That part of her died a long time ago.

--Moony