Blackout returning?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think I might be on to something here, so just go with me on this for a second... OK?

So we know Blackout was dead from TF1's events, right? In both movie trailers we've seen new Decepticon Protoforms landing in the Ocean around Aircraft Carriers and such.
    While the ROTF Game trailer we've seen what appears to be a MH 53 Chopper (Blackout?) flying over the Ocean, almost looking like it is flying out of the Ocean. So what if those Decepticons that landed into the Ocean revived him?
    And with the new Robot Heros, Blackout also has a toy of his own. Now if I remember, those that get Robot Heros molds are in the movie, correct?

So where does this leave Blackout?

I could be totaly wrong here but until I am proven wrong, Discuss.

Links:
    Game Trailer: IGN Video: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen PlayStation 3 Trailer - Teaser Trailer
    Robot Heros: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=15230

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No he's dead. We already know that the copter seen is not what Blackout was and the robot heroes toy is just toy, they made it because the robot heroes line was going to explore bot movie like the Jazz robot heroes figure, just because it's there doesn't mean he will return

If he come back I will be extremely happy, he's the main reason I went to see the movie, he was so cool

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess it depends on just how they bring Megatron back and if the writers got the idea of hey they are robots so should robot dead be the same thing as human dead.

Me I'd like them to bring in status lock or something, but then again I'm a fan of Beast Wars so go figure.

4. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

Well, if Scorponok is back wouldn't he want his old buddy Blackout with him?

5. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

I wish he was returning.

6. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we sure that copter isn't Blackout? What's different between the game-copter and a MH-53 Pave Low?

Regardless, though, even if it is Blackout in the game, that's just the game. I can see them bringing him back only for the game for whatever reason, maybe to give the 'cons helicopter missions, flesh out the 'resurrecting Megatron' plot with more content, or just fill up the gameplay time with stuff that doesn't spoil the movie. The first movie's console game, after all, had tons of huge inconsistencies compared to the film, even discounting the storyline where the Decepticons win. In fact maybe that's it - maybe there are missions in the ROTF game that take place in the 'Decepticons won' timeline where Blackout never died.

The Robot Hero is just a Robot Hero. A new character like Springer getting a completely new mold Robot Hero is one thing - Blackout finally getting his first really movie-accurate redeco is another.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    No and arent ya supposed to be gone helping your friend?

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    We're in diffrent time zones, it has passed over.

9. Huinkimusprime

Huinkimusprime Well-Known Member

Man I would love for Blackout to return but seems very unlikely :( 

10. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    It would be cool if he would return but that would mean that the bots would have an even harder time then before.

11. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed:  Uhhh... I'm pretty sure he's dead?

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's been chopped up and integrated into Megatron's new body.

13. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I GOT IT!!!

Blackout is the fallen and wants revenge on the humans for shooting him in the crotch!

It all makes sense. (joke)

14. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Blackout was my favorate in the first movie, I even thought him getting punked by humans was pretty cool. He trashed their base, they trash him sorta thing...

Anywho, I would rather have him stay dead.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Be cool if Blackout came back. I felt that his being killed off in TF1 was a waste of a cool character.

16. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Nah,not likely.And I think it's good to not bring him back because he's such a noob.He's the largest robot in that movie(I suppose) yet he was killed so bloody easily.Hell,Brawl,Megatron and even Sorponok can withstand those payloads but he can't!

17. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^This, along with Brawl and Bonecrusher.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea but over coming great odds and coming out a really tough spot is what makes for great movies. You don't want the heroes to just have a sort of tough time, you want to go wow I didn't think they would be able to win this time. Sort of like which would you rather see Superman fight some run of the mill street thugs or clobber the heck out of Darkseid and his army?

Plus maybe I'm crazy but I want the Decepticons to be at least as tough as Terminators. That you think you've you stopped them only to have them get back up and come after you again. Frag Blackout and he stays dead, frag Summer Glau's character and she just reboots and then kicks your butt. Do we really want girls being tougher than Decepticons?

I want Transformers to wear the crown of world's toughest robots not some other franchise. So by all mean toughen up both the Autobots and the Decepticons to take that toughest bots spot.

19. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Terminator wouldn't even be in two pieces after being blown up by Raptor jets.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Scorponok couldn't. He didn't even take the full force of the attack since so many shots missed. I don't think you realized that Blackout had a small military squad and like 5 F-22's shoot him all in his "weak spot". (Lennox hit him in the roballs, too)

Also, I don't think Brawl was ever attacked by any F-22's, just Lennox's squad and the remaining Autobots (minus Prime) took him down.