Blackout? Jazz...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ChrisIzDaShiz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Blackout was killed in the first one yet he's back in number 2...I guess it just totally skipped his revival? Why can't they just do that with Jazz?? Just bring him back outta nowhere like the rest, geez

2. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Not Blackout...Grindor

And Jazz is dead....

3. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

dumb answer

4. Sound Blaster

Right answer though...Look it up

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    LULZ. I want to say soemthing, but I'd get a warning :( . Ok so do this switch the word "answer" with another word and point it at yourself. I can't get in trouble for that right?

6. newguy

newguy i

Really??? sigh

That was Grindor. Jazz is dead.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Blackout and Grindor are different characters because the writers say so.

Why are people so torn up over Jazz? He didnt do anything or say anything memorable.
    Whats wrong with using the chance to develop a new and interesting character over a tired old rehash?

8. newguy

newguy i

No your just new here. If you had been here a month ago, you would have seen 15 threads talking about this. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying.

9. Sound Blaster

If people really love Jazz maybe they should go buy the ROTF Smokescreen figure and voila a re-painted Jazz!!

10. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Well the writer's could of atleast been alittle specific on that, we can't read there mind's..render them different colors or something...not identical

11. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    While, indeed, Jazz is somehow still dead, apparently so is Blackout. But anyone outside of a Transformers forum will have to wait for a toy release of 'Grindor' to show up in stores, then pay attention to it, then actually care in order to know that.

Seriously, no person saw the film, saw the off-colored Blackout and thought, "Hey! It's Grindor!". Hell, even fans don't know entirely yet.

When the Cons went down to get Megatron, there was so many (like five, I think it was). Then they killed one for parts to use on Megatron. Next thing you know they're all rising to the surface and now the radar shows six. Given that glaring change in numbers, and the fact you've got what looks like a lighter Blackout present in the forest scene, the wife thought it was Blackout. Hell, I thought it was Blackout. For all either one of us knew, sitting at the bottom of the ocean could have faded his paintjob. The writers sure as shit didn't give any explanation to it.

And as for Jazz? Ratchet should be fired. In the prequel comics for the first movie Bee gets his throat crushed and his arm torn the hell off. His arm gets fixed, his throat doesn't. Later in the '07 film Bee gets his legs blown off, yet then at the end of the film he's in pristine condition with Sam & Mikaela sitting atop him. Yet Jazz, pulled into two pieces, cannot be saved or restored. How the heck has Ratchet not been hit with a Cybertronian Malpractice Suit yet?

12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure being pulled apart at the waist is a little more serious than getting an arm or leg blown off. Heck, humans can survive getting an arm or leg taken off. And besides, Ratchet stated in the movie that Jazz's spark was already gone. Ratchet's a doctor, not a miracle worker.

Now why didn't Prime use the Allspark shard to revive Jazz? Who knows. Though to be honest, if I had seen Megatron's spark melt when it came in contact w/ the Allspark, I probably wouldn't believe that it could bring Jazz back either.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Sigh im tired of this!!; thats not blackout its his cloen grindor!!!!!!!!! -.- case closed

14. Covenant

Ebay:
    That much is abundantly clear. ;) 

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, as far as I'm concerned, I'll be calling him Blackout; I could say it's because the movie did not make it clear who that was, the whole "theres 6 of them coming up!" thing or whatever... really I just absolutely hate the name Grindor. Even if its supposed to be his twin brother from Kalamazoo, I'll still call him Blackout. Grindor sounds like the name of some crappy He-man villain who has the super power of grinding on guys at a dance club or something.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Grindor is different. He's slightly bigger, a different shade of grey, and a slightly different helicopter.

It's not much, but it's enough to make him differnet from Blackout. Still lame, but a different character nonetheless.

And Jazz. Is. Dead.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    thats true, but if they sued the allsaprk sahrd, Megs would not been revived or jetfire would be awaken, well mostly megs cuz the shard that was used to aweke jetfire was with sam lol

18. Covenant

Ebay:
    How do you figure? :sly2: 

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    apparantly it was said that the helicoptor was the CH-53 and not the MH53 (never head of it, and i read the frontpage news like a hawk)

but it is the bigger thing that i don't understand, is there really a way to see if it is bigger, blackout never stood next to any transformers.....don't see how you can say grindor is bigger

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm wondering where they said it was the CH-53 instead of the MH-53; its not that I doubt they'd use a different model, I just never saw it being reported.