Blackout and Grindor are in the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grimlock1991, Jun 3, 2009.

1. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    There does not seem to be enough parts in the movie for 2 helicopters. It is the helicopter who scoops Sam and brings him to Megatron. The helicopter is there with Megatron when Optimus rescues Sam but Optimus is beaten up badly by Megatron.

The only helicopter in the movie seems to be Grindor who has some type of relationship with Blackout bec. Blackout is also mentioned by the writers. My guess is the parts of Blackout are revived but takes on a new personality and new name of Grindor. The dead Demolishor is similarly revived later on as Scavenger.

2. aproposofthesno

aproposofthesno Member

there is only going to be one helicopter in this movie. and my guess is that it is blackout's old corpse resurrected as grinder. for anyone who is saying "but he looks different" well look at megatron! he isnt the same robot he was in the first movie by any means and he was rebuilt. and as for the line about we wouldnt be having this conversation if it was skywarp and thundercracker it was only in the G1 series that those two were the same. and they were the same because they were suppose to be seekers, a group of the same alternates and robots. Hasbro only made them the same robots because they couldnt afford to make them different. However by todays standards, I would expect them to be as different as soundwave and megatron as I would from starscream. It is called creativity.

3. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I think that Grindor gives up his parts to bring back Blackout. That would explain the two of them and why Blackout is different. They named the toy Grindor because there is already a Voyager Blackout from the first toy line and since Grindor is kind of heroic in the sense he sacrifices himself for Blackout they made him the toy. Just theory obviously.

4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touche!

And let's not forget Silverstreak/Prowl/Smokescreen....

Also, Demolisher and Scavengerhave the same alt mode in the film and it's been pretty much confirmed that they are separate characters.

5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Anything else is just unnecessarily convoluted to no real end.

6. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

God, this thred iss so confusing.

MTL