Blackest Night Predictions

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Rattrap Primal, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, though Blackest Night is months away, what do you think will happen?
    My thoughts
    -Alexandra, Kyle's first girlfriend, will be one of the early recruits and go after Kyke for letting her die (presuming BL have emotions)
    -the dead Freedom Fighters would fight the current team
    -Sinestro might be reinstated. It was hinted recently that Sinestro might one day be a GL again, since the Red Lantern leader manipulated him years ago
    -Black Hand might be the still living BL, able to command or gain new recruits by killing others
    - Hal Jordan might leave the GL Corp for the Blue Lanterns, as prophisised by Ganthet
    -what are the abilities of the Black Lanterns? Do their rings act lik Black Hand's death touch, able to decay things in a matter of minutes? Can they infect through bites, ala Marvel Zombies? (God, I hope not) Are there any weaknesses to their rings?
    -At least a few corps would join against them (as hinted in the Blackest Night preview, saying that the Green Lanterns and the Sinestro Corps join together)
    - the one Guardian burned by the Anti Monitor is a mole (ok, that much is obvious)

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hal Jordan may change corps, but will re-become a green lantern by the end of the story. Earth Superheroes will be recruited in to various corps to fight the Black Lanterns. Characters will return from the dead at the end. Many of the other Corps will be destroyed. Most of this will happen on earth and the multiverse will be involved. The Gardians will enact more stupid laws causing more of the GL corps to quit. At the end the GL Corps will be reorganized so the Guardians aren't completely in charge. A few Guardians may even be reduced to rookie level authority Carol Ferris will probably become a lead Star Saphire and team up with Hal Hector Hammond will be involved in some capasity. Perhaps Orange Corps (he's greedy) John's has also spent too much time characterizing him.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

- Soranik Natu will be revelaed has Sinestro daughter (and hopefully not die)
    - Henshaw will join the Black Lanterns
    - ThereĀ“s a very probable chance that Natu or Kyle might go Blue because of their relationship

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Hal Jordan goes evil and kills everyone ending the DC Universe...

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bruce Wayne returns as a Black Lantern.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I'm gussing that once each corps is established, that most of them will be wiped out after blackest night except for the green lanterns.

I'm curious if there is going to be anyone that can wear all the rings, like a Lantern Corps Mandarin.

7. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Hal will be the only one whom can wield each ring.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I see a whole bunch of dead people coming back and they are going to be pissed off. Abin Sur will go after Hal for taking his ring, and after Sinestro well because Sinestro will need a reason to join the GL's again. Hal's dad will be back to fuck with Hal's mind for a while. This will give Hal something he has to fight, but cannot. Hector Hammond will get an Orange Ring. The GL Corps will be broken up because of retarded controlling "laws". The Guardians will realize they are not the shit by the end of it.

I see this as a big part of the whole Blackest Night thing. Maybe he becomes a White Lantern (once he has all the rings on) to counteract the Black Lanterns.

Most importantly, I will be out a lot of money buying the individual issues, hardcover trades and related figures.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

this...but maybe not the DC universe...just all the Lantern Corps leaving one sole Lantern of each color.

..other thing i want to see is the battle of the (whatever you call Ion and Parallax)...

and the Blackest Night will lead to the Whitest Light (aka Kyle :) )

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Hal ends up wielding all of the various coloured rings and becoming a "White Lantern", at least temporarily. He's already shown the ability to wield two colours (Green and Yellow), currently has another (Red) and has potential for a fourth (Blue). Not much of a stretch to imagine him getting the other three rings.
    - Cyborg Superman joins the Black Lanterns and uses his Manhunters to de-power many of the Lantern Corps. Expect a "Fantastic Four" team-up of Henshaw and the other three members of the Excalibur shuttle crew. At a crucial point in the story, Henshaw turns on the Black Lanterns to try and force them to kill him.
    - Kyle dies. I've been predicting it for a long time, but I think Blackest Night is where it's going to happen. Johns clearly doesn't have much use for the character, screwing him over in SCW and then dumping him in GLC, and getting Kyle out of the way is the last step on making Hal the 'true' Green Lantern again.
    - Some kind of Plot Devicium is introduced which allows certain Black Lanterns to be resurrected. This is used to undo any character deaths that were unpopular or characters that DC just doesn't want to have dead any more. Expect Martian Manhunter and Connor Kent to come back to life, at a minimum. Earth-2 Superman manages to shake the control of the Black ring long enough to make a heroic sacrifice.
    - Blackest Night crosses over into the other titles of the DCU, at least to some extent. Some of the crossovers will be 'red skies' crossovers, others will slightly bend stories already going on in the title to accomodate Blackest Night (like the Blue Beetle issue of SCW), others will be full-blown tie-ins.
    - The six new Lantern Corps are each reduced to one, or a handful, of members. Sinestro becomes the only Yellow Lantern, Cowgirl becomes the only Star Sapphire, Agent Orange as the only Orange Lantern, Atrocitus as the only Red Lantern, etc.
    - After the Blackest Night, the Green Lantern Corps is reorganized with one basic premise: Emotions should not be repressed, but embraced and used to fuel willpower. GLs are now trained to focus on a particular emotional strength and either (a) use that to drive their willpower and the Green ring or (b) use a Green ring and whatever ring most closely matches their 'driving' emotion, with the Green ring suppressing the negative effects of the other ring (but the other ring's powers being available to use). Ganthet, Sayd, some Zamarons, a few Controllers and the unrevealed Guardians of the Indigo Corps are brought in to help with this new focus.

11. OmegaScourge

i guess wanting to have all the rings or be the best or something will get Hal the orange ring

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I still call Kyle as being the big Multi Lantern guy, or possibly Hal and Kyle.

13. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

Superman vs Jonathan Kent!

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Grant Morrison is writing it, major characters would be unnecessarily dying left and right in the middle of a story that makes the space/time continuum easy to understand. Wait! He's not writing this? Then I have no idea. It may even turn out to be a good story. Gasp!

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i don't think the corps will be obliterated, or left down to just a few members...seems like too much setup to burn them all out so quickly...i think the numbers will grow smaller, but i doubt they'll disappear.

16. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The emotional spectrum entities? Emotional manifestations? At any rate, I agree. I can't wait to see how all of the entities will factor into this.

I think the new Corps will survive. I think it's too interesting of a concept to have multiple Corps powered by the various colors/emotions for the writers to just obliterate them. Although I don't think they all will be universe spanning Corps at the end.

I believe there may be a few multi-ring characters by the end.

Hal will return to being a Green Lantern only.

17. OmegaScourge

if people do get multi-rings, which would work with which charaters:

Kyle: All. He be the White Lantern.
    Kilowag: Green and Yellow. Yellow to be used to train the new recruits.
    Guy: Green and Yellow. Cause everyone fears the Guy, lol.
    Hal: All. If not Kyle, most likely Hal.
    SInestro: Yellow and Green. Maybe he got redeemed.

18. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

The 7 coloured corps will unite their energies into a white light to combat the Black Lanterns. (I like the idea above of Hal taking on all the rings at once and it does make sense given the story).

Batman won't be a Black Lantern, for obvious reasons.

It will be many types of awesome, the way Final Crisis failed to be.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I said the same thing in the Red Lantern thread. I think it might end up being both Hal and Kyle, though.

20. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Legion of the Three Worlds I think can point toward how this will end up. The Oath that Yat says when powering up the Central Power Battery talks about not letting any other corps shine their light, and I'm pretty certain one of the phrases is right out of the Sinestro Corps Oath.