Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Oct 8, 2009.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Any Blackberry Storm users here? Just ordered one, should be here in a couple days. Anything I need to know about it? Apps, problems, really cool things?

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know something you need to know: should have bought an iPhone. :2c: 

3. TheIncredibleHulk

I know something you need to know too. I don't have ATT, so its not an option

4. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Well then I would have recommended an HTC phone.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

They were running a special on the BBs. The wife got a BB Tour. Got them both for free.

6. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    That makes more since. Well, I got nothing else to say since I don't own one. Hope you like it.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've had mine for quite a while now and don't have too many issues with it. Sure, that battery life could be better and I've had to do a few hard reboots... but I love it for the most part.

The number one App I would recommend is Poynt. It is awesome when travelling when you are looking for a certain business/location.

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    While I agree I would go with the iphone just because of the apps. I love my Blackberry Storm. I did look into the HTC but did not like the slow response for the internet. When I first got my Storm it ran slow but after the last update about 2 months ago, it works great. Apps are not nearly as good as the ones for the Iphone but if you don't have AT&T like me it was not an option. I will say that my buddy has an iphone and he gets more dropped calls than i do so I think in terms of service your getting the better phone. The internet on the Iphone is faster so I would have to give it that. Overall, you will hate it the first two weeks until you learn to use it. Oh and buy a protective sleeve for it. Also protective screens. Both are relatively cheap. I got three plastic sleeves on ebay for $10 shipped. The screens are about 1/2 that price. Enjoy

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I use a storm but don't use many apps. One app I can recommend is "Weatherbug". I keep that on my home screen. Another I love is "TellMe", a voice to text search & text messaging program. During football season and hockey season I use the ESPN launcher for quick access to scores. Make sure you install "App World" so you can find and install apps quickly and easily.

Please note that all of the apps I have mentioned are free.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

Yeah, I'm definately going to look for free apps. Verizon online's apps are like $3 a month to use them. Screw that.

11. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting a HTC Hero when it comes out on 10/11. Since I have Sprint I can't get iPhone. :(  Screw Apple and their AT&T exclusive deals!

12. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Love my Storm, and I tend to be an iWhore, so take that for what it's worth. Is it an iPhone, no, and it's not supposed to be. They really are for 2 different markets.

I've personally had bad luck with the BB App World and have had much better results with apps working well and installing quicker by finding them on Crackberry.com. If you use facebook at all, the facebook app is pretty sweet. And as mentioned above, yes, make sure you update to 5.0.x firmware if you aren't already.

13. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    The Hero is an awesome phone from what I have scene. I would still say if you are on Sprint you should get the Pre.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The Storm is a good alternative if you dont want to switch over to AT&T. I have the iPhone 3Gs and after playing with some of the other smart phones out there no other phone out there has the Touchscreen Smoothness that the iPhone has and the 75,000 Plus Apps. dont hurt either.

15. TheIncredibleHulk

I've been wanting an Itouch for a while, and needed a phone anyways. Iphone not being an option, I went with this one. Crackberry looks like it has a lot of cool apps. Probably won't get the phone until Monday.

16. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

I've had mine since release. The only problem I had was the screen didn't click very well on the edge of the screen. Turns out, the screws were too tight. It was a well documented issue. After the fix, it's been pretty good. I use mine mainly for email (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, blackberry). Sure, I wish it had as many apps and games as the iphone. Overall, pretty nice and it's professional looking too. I'd recommend Flickr, Poynt, Google Maps, Google Sync and the free games. Blackberry's Appworld is crappily slow.

17. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

It wont help you now but AT&Ts Exclusivity Contract with Apple ends next year and alot of cell companys are pushing for the iPhone namely Verizon.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, Apple went to Verizon first, before AT&T, and they turned them down. Verizon's CEO publicly bashes Apple and Steve Jobs personally. I don;'t see a Verizon deal happening anytime soon.

19. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Opera Mini (web browser) is a MUST.

20. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

I bought it when it first came out...had to replace it because of the touch screen screwing up, but the 2nd one works perfectly. Love it!