Blackberry "storm"

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaVPrime, Oct 12, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Hmm, anyone excited for this new installment for blackberry?

I hate the fact that it is for verizon since i'm a sprint customer......I want the instinct pretty bad

But I have an unually high acceptance rate for this phone...

What do you think? An Apple Iphone killer or flop?

BlackBerry Touch Screen - BlackBerry 9530 - BlackBerry 9500

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

One thing I hate is how every touchscreen phone since the iPhone has been dubbed an "iPhone killer" in one way or another. There's no such thing - the iPhone does not have some giant insurmountable market share in the wireless industry, and regardless of what phones come out, they don't have the benefit of being the first mainstream touchscreen device like the iPhone did. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone, but I wish the tech media would stop attaching the phrase "iPhone Killer" to every touch device that is released.

That said, I like the Storm and I look forward to a GSM version. I wasn't a huge fan of BlackBerry's until I got my Curve, and I fell for it hard. I'm interested to see how they implement their OS with a touchscreen, and the videos I have seen look promising (although a bit laggy in some areas). It's a phone I definitely want to play around with a bit to see how well they pulled it off.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't agree more with what Jux said.

Our phone provider is suppose to be in work sometime this week speaking to the IT manager about what they can do for us and I think we might be moving form the Pearl to the Bold.

4. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Definately going to be getting it as soon as I can

5. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I agree, nothing against any of the other touchscreen devices that have so far made there debut. And I only say that because of the context it was used with the websites main headline.

The fact of the matter is (and I know you will agree) the marketing tries hard to attack just about anything that has to do with microsoft or for that matter apple.

Including the ipods being attacked by every single sort of MP3/MP4 device you could possibley get on the market today.

Now would I buy an Iphone, or for that matter the 3G? No I wouldn't just because of the trouble I have seen and have herd about a year now.

But I have played around with a blackberry before and a touchscreen makes it a little more desired for, I think what would change my mind over the Instinct is its convenience and user friendly-ness

6. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, after owning my ipod touch and my blackberry curve, I'll say that I absolutely do not want the Storm.

1) the touchpad will never replace the qwerty pad
    2) i hate all the damn smudges
    3) it's just going to be too small, and once the plastic wears down, it'll just look and feel gross (my 3rd curve's plastic wore down real quick, not it's not as sleek or as scratch resistant as the two prior).

that said, i'm definitely wanting the bold to come out for verizon.