2D Artwork: Blackarachnophobia

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Altitron, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    This is a commission for a fellow member of the TF Collector's Club. It is comprised of 5 different iterations of Blackarachnia: (top row) Beast Wars, Transtech, Transmetal; (bottom row) Beast Machines and Animated.

Lemme know what you think!

[​IMG]

- Alty

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Great piece so far! But the transtech one is a little "alien" for my taste...

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haven't seen that many curves in a fanart over here. Your drawing skill is great! Hope you share the finished version with us. :) 

4. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    I have a bit of criticism to offer, I hope you don't mind :)  you have nice skills, but I've been following your work and I noticed you tend to 'fit' your drawings in the whole canvas, leaving almost no negative space between elements in the scene. This leads to an abstract composition, where the artist doesn't define shapes or areas within the drawing, leaving the task to the viewer's imagination.

It's not bad, but I'm not sure if the effect achieved here is the one you were aiming for. This would look impressive and very original if done as oil painting on canvas though.

5. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy SHIT that is amazing art.

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Seriously. Nice job, can't wait to see this as it comes along.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hehe roboboobs

8. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Better then furry boobs.

9. Altitron

Ebay:
    Mako - great to get some criticism from an artist of your stature! I really appreciate the attention. :)  - and I would agree with you about the work if this piece were meant for the annals of a fine art gallery. And I'm probably going to sound like an ass but trust me that's not the intention.

As much as I'd like to join you in sipping Earl Grey with my pinky up in the air, we're not discussing Monet over here. As it stands, it's really just blatant robot T & A. About the negative space or abstract composition, well... not to downplay the validity of your comments, but the chicks here are meant to be huddled up all over one another. It just looks hotter that way.

I would also concur that oil on canvas is much prettier than pencil on 2-ply any day of the week, and while I would love to recreate this drawing as just such a work, Transformer fans can only afford so much in the way of commissions. And what do you think was the effect I was aiming for? And what do you think I achieved? I doubt the two could be very far apart, but that's just me.

Again, thanks for the criticism, and the comments from every one else. I really do appreciate people checking this stuff out and not completely ripping it to shreds. That would make me cry. Go TFW2k5!

Oh, and about Transtech Blackarachnia being too 'alien'... well, I can't do much about that. She's pretty fucking weird looking. :p  Maybe I'll post my reference pictures later on. :) 

- Alty

10. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    *drool*

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Very nice work man. I'm highly impressed.

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

BW Silverbolt and TF:A Prime are gonna FLIP when they see this.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia is beginning to establish herself alongside Arcee as most recognised female TF characters! Great seeing BA in all her incarnations there.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how you altered BM Blackarachnia. Seemed like every time she upgraded to a new body she got a breast reduction. Now she's looking more like she used to; shamelessly full of sex appeal.

15. Altitron

Ebay:
    Hey guys; didn't mean for this thread to fall off, but I've been putting some hard time and labor into my Predaking 2.0 custom at the same time. :)  I would like to share with you the final lines of the work before I start throwing down the color. Hope you guys dig it!

[​IMG]

- Alty

16. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

A. better than
    B. matter of opinion
    C. I believe this picture has chased away my arachnophobia...
    D. Altitron, if the purpose of this pic was, as you say, "blatant robot T&A," then I seriously don't think you could have done a better job without getting explicit. Well, except on Ani BA; it's like you tried to combine the Animated style with the style of the rest of the piece, and IMO the result isn't nearly as good as the other four. I'd say pick one style or the other.
    E. This gave me a nosebleed. Seriously. I thought that only happened in anime...

17. Altitron

Ebay:
    LOL! I can understand what you said about Ani BA, but to keep her in the cartoon style would've had her sticking out like a sore thumb, and I think to add to what isn't there in order to make her look akin to the other four would have made it a little more difficult to recognize her (although we have Transtech BA in there... who the hell recognizes her? ;)  ) In any event, at the end of the day, customer satisfaction is my ultimate goal, and the customer is extremely satisfied with the work thus far. :) 

Very glad people are digging the work. :)  I've had other fanservice pics not go over so well. Maybe there were too many G1 purists in that crowd. ;)  Here's a small preview of how the colors fare so far:

[​IMG]

I got my inspiration for the look of Transtech BA from a picture of a Lamborghini Gallardo:

[​IMG]

Lemme know what you think!

- Alty

18. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, if I may engage in a small amount of a double standard (not to mention blatant perversion...yeesssss)...

DAMN, but I'd love to kiss that. More if possible, heheheheheheheh. :ev: 

Seriously though, good job. I like where you're going with the Transtech colors, and would enjoy seeing more.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ..........Wow. Words fail me. Can't wait for the colors.

And may I say that you're awesome for giving Transtech BA some love? :D 

20. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Understandable. Maybe the finished colors will help.

I've never even heard of Transtech Blackarachnia (or Transtech at all, really). :p 

...Other fanservice pics? If they're even half as good as this, they'll certainly go over well with me, at least. XD EDIT: Clicked your sig link. HOLY SHIT. That is all I have to say.