Black Zarak or Road Fire?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toei, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I can't guarantee I'll be able to get either of them right now. But since I might be getting my tax refund soon, if I have enough money, I'd like to get one of these TF's.

2 members here are selling a Black Zarak and a Road Fire. I've been wanting a BZ for a while, but I realize Road Fire is much more rare. Even though the gentleman isn't charging as much for him. I also know TFWiki claims he's quite rare too.

So if I have enough money from my tax refund, which one should I get? Road Fire or Black Zarak?

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There's also the added risk of Gold Plastic Syndrome...

...and recently, someone here, can't remember the name, managed to make a very convincing Black Zarak from cast parts and a very nicely repainted Scroponok, thus avoiding Gold Plastic Syndrome.

If it were me, i'd lean towards Road Fire.

My memory on prices is hazy now, but i'd imagine Road Fire is still cosniderably cheaper than BZ.

Maybe you could put the difference towards making a BZ?

3. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would go with the Custom Black Zarak route. Maybe get the guy to make you one. I would imagine if you bought all the parts that he would need, you would most likely not spend as much. Then again I dont know what commission rate are now days.

4. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

If so, would they be able to have their owm Scorponok to use instead of me buying one and sending it to him to paint?

5. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I suppose. But personally, I think it would be nice to have the real BZ.

I understand the GPS problem. I really do. But I think I'd like to take my chances...

But if Road Fire is more rare, I'll get him this time. I have seen BZ on Ebay plenty of times before. If I don't get him this time, I may eventually.

*Sigh* So many TF's, so little money. :( 

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    And one of 'em is me, no? :D 

7. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Yup. You're the one with Road Fire. What'll you suggest? And please don't chose based on the fact that I'll be paying you the moolah. :rolleyes: 

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you want BZ so just get that. Everyone is just trying to warn you about the problems with BZ. If you search for BZ, you'll find a couple threads about people burning cash and loan money (lol) on this toy only to find out its junk.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    just be EXTREMELY careful, best just to leave it in the box

everytime we got a black zarak thread guys, this reminds me of that EPIC thread hahahaa

10. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You gotta make up your own mind & no one can really help you out by making that choice on your behalf. ;) 

Besides, its almost certain that you want a Black Zarak, no?

Buying signals are so different for everyone out here. Some buy a toy because they like that mold, others may just buy it simply for the sake that its rarer/more exclusive so ask yourself this:

Which category do you belong to? :p 

11. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Well okay. I thought it over, and I think I'll get Road Fire this time. I'd still like to have BZ, but overall, I want Road Fire too and he's much more rare. I don't think an oppertunity comes like this too often. BZ will be available on Ebay again some time I'm sure.

So Mr. Automorpher, when my tax refund comes in, if I have enough and if you still have him, I'll drop you a line. ;) 

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have Road Fire and he's pretty cool. But Black Zarak is obviously the better toy. I won't buy one based on my habits. I actually play with the things and you really can't to that with BZ.

I'd only buy Road Fire if you have or plan to have Dia Atlas and Sonic Bomber. The three of them together are about equal in coolness to BZ. Except they are, you know, intact.

13. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Road fire isnt much more rare than BZ, plus roadfire is basically a little brick. For pure awsomeness I'd get BZ, but you can him expect him to break at some point. Sometimes I think that the GPS issue is the only thing from not making this the most expensive TF out there and if they ever did reissue BZ and got the GPS under control, the price of the reissue would probably climb relatively faster than any other reissue out there in a matter of months after release.

But hey, if you prefer roadfire, go for it.

14. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I agree w/ Ra. You gotta go for what your feeling. For me, I'd go in the direction that Foster talked about: aquiring Sonic Bomber + Dai Atlas as well. BZ has alot more fun + wow factor than Roadfire - IMO. Either way they are both high-end TFs.

15. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Like a lot of people here already said. Roadfire isn't really that rare. I think he's just not that popular back in the day and now. Because of that, he not commonly sold but you can still find him. Black zarak is very cool but I wouldn't get him to play with. He is just a giant expensive trophy which you can't really play with.

16. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Well, if I pass up getting Road Fire this time, do you guys think it's possible that I could get him again some other time? TFWiki claims that he is rare and as one of their many jokes on the site they showed his picture and wrote "You'll Never own me" on it. Is he more common than TFWiki is letting on?

17. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    :lol  I have him. And sold an incomplete one two or three years ago. If you feel like you're missing a chance, then get him. And yeah, he's more fun with sonic bomber and dia-atlas. Him by himself is just "ok".

18. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFWiki is full of it. Trust me on this.

19. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    If you do get BZ, mind what people have said about the gold plastic syndrome. I got mine out of the box and transformed him with no problems. I did not plug the shield on his arm but rather used those clear rubber bands you get with newer transformers and strapped it on. If you try to plug in the shield you will break it, no doubt about it. Also, be careful when transforming Fasttrak (or whatever his name is). I left mine in car mode.

20. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Sounds good. But to tell you the truth, I don't care too much about the other pieces. I just wanted the figure himself plus the helmet if nothing else...