2D Artwork: Black Smoke's Art and Stuff and Things

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Blacksmoke1033, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Blacksmoke1033

Blacksmoke1033 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well hello, so, I'm new to the site and I'm not 100% sure how Art Threads normally work? Like do I just use this space to share my TF art and OCs and stuff or am I allowed to be like 'yo anyone can post their stuff here I want to see that cool art' because, well, both are fine, do what you want :) 

Most of my art is OCs and its in more of the Bayformers style I guess? I draw a BUNCH of stuff that's just automotive art and non mech art which I won't put here because I'm sure there's a rule against that so uhhhh IF ANY OF THIS IS UH, IN THE WRONG PLACE, OR I'M NOT FOLLOWING PROPER POSTING ETIQUETTE UH, SPRAY ME WITH WATER

That being said here's the robot from my DP, he's an OC and I only really got into concept art like this recently so sorry it's a mess :eek: 
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    GOSH IM SO SORRY THE PICTURE IS SO LARGE I THOUGHT I SELECTED THE LOWER QUALITY ONE O O P S

3. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    ya diddly darn hecked up

But yeah, welcome to the crazy corner of the Creative Forums! I'm sure you'll get settled in soon.

If ya wanna message me about how things roll around here, feel free to do so.

4. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg
    Aw thank you very much, I was actually just checking out your art thread before I made my own! I really like your art style, it's so nice and clean and bright :D  (also hi fellow NB/ace/meme, nice)

It was all going so smoothly until I uploaded an art larger than my future let's hope this one is uh....ssssmaller? This was a fun cat doodle he's probably called Bob

• Like Like x 3
  5. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    These are great!

6. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    Aw thank you very much!

So uh, how does this usually go with art threads? Do people just post a huge bunch of stuff at once or is it better to space it out? I don't want to annoy anyone aaaaaaaaa

7. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    What's this? A fellow NB ace? onE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF—

fffff I'm happy that u like my draws, dude ;w; your art is actually rlly good too!! :D 

As for posting things, most ppl space it out but sometimes we have more than one image per post

8. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg
    ONE OF U ONE OF U and a professional meme I have found, my people

Ah okay thanks for the info! I'll try and space things out and get used to the interface a little more over the next couple days - I can't be bothered to upload any more serious/clean art for tonight so here's Starscream in fishnets to really shove down the quality of my thread instantly

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gerth

Gerth The changer of avatars.

News Credits:
    First and foremost, this artstyle is lovely and exquisitely detailed.

Secondly, you didn't bring it down, you just brought it up the whole 9000+ notches.

10. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    Aaa thank you so much! That really means a lot!

And OH GOOD that means if I ever do Barricade in a tutu with a plate of pastries (like I was supposed to do 2 weeks ago) I'll know where I can post it and heck up my reputation even more ((((:) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gerth

News Credits:
    Yes please.

12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Oh man, you've nailed the movie aesthetic. Looks gorgeous.

As does Starscream in that dress, obviously.

13. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    Thank you very much! And yeah I'm trying to get into concept art style, I'm just so impatient that I can't be bothered spending more than an hour on anything so they're so messy in comparison -___- I really envy all the artists I found on here who do really neat comic book style art and the clean pixel art of their characters :eek: 

Here's some of the concept sketches of the 3 main OCs in the human sized form with the different head details, I'm really hoping to do all three with more detail whenever my lazy ass can be bothered (it would also be nice to do more request work hmnmnmg) image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg Here's something I'm doing right now, it's my main OC getting read to smack someone in the face :)  I'm not very good at drawing big pieces like this and I've only put like 90 minutes into it, but I've got his base design down now so I'm at least happy I've finally got a visual reference! He's based on a dark grey Porsche 997 and I really hope to get good enough to draw him at the Bay movie concept art level. I got too many characters I need to get sketched out RIP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg Ooooops haven't posted anything here because (lol) was in London with the crew of TF5! I met Barricade my absolute FAV boy I gotta stand right there next to him aaaaaaaah ANYWAY art.

Yeah it's him.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gerth

News Credits:
    Lovely.

17. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Some study doodles of some of the new cars - I actually live sketched both of these in person at filming, they're only 2-3 min pencil drawings so this is a self reminder to take photos of them lmao

I know these aren't very good but I'm trying to work on 10-15 minute sketching and lighting practice so ehhhhhh meh

• Like Like x 3
  18. Gerth

News Credits:
    Don't tear yourself up about it, these are better than most people can do with way more time.

19. Blacksmoke1033

News Credits:
    image.jpeg image.png Lmao lets just dump the other Barricade art out the way, one's a WIP like 90% of my art isn't finished already, I need to work a lot harder towards making them more intricate but man it's ssso BORING.

Should probably mention somewhere that I do all my art either on paper on Procreate app for iPad! I can't offer or take any advice in regards to Photoshop and computer programmes because I literally never use them or graphics tablets. But if anyone wants any help using the iPad app or if you think you have any advice regarding it for me that's cool!

The Barricade in my head isn't exactly as evil and terrifying as he's supposed to be he's more just fed up with absolutely everything

• Like Like x 3
  20. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Awesome art! You draw cars absolutely amazingly and Barrycade, especially the second is also very cool! I always admire how people draw Movie Transformers! I tried to draw Jetfire and it was quite successfull, but I got stuck on his left hand:(  Dream to return to him someday He's probably the third my favourite Transformer I also watched your general arts - you're very talented! And that's concepts of faces are very interesting You should try more;)  We here have another member who draw Movie-Transformers his name is @PinkyPrime you shoud see his works!:jawdropper:  He draws directly from screenshots