Black Mamba Combiner Wars Compatible Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrDipnSlip, Apr 7, 2018.

1. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    Maybe that was their fatal company flaw - the inability to count accurately past zero.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Lol maybe. I wouldn’t be entirely shocked.

3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The missed opportunity for a 3P CW Menasor upgrade kit was any company doing a full upgrade kit that could be transforming into Motormaster's missing trailer. A normal looking trailer for a semi that could be split into all extra components for the combiner team.

• Like Like x 2
  4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I don’t think that Microblaze figure was all that bad, just a bit too fiddly. It didn’t help that the FOC Comabticons weren’t that great as combiner limbs either. They were just as fiddly too and not very good as limbs. I think quite a few people didn’t see it worth buying such an expensive upgrade for those figures. Especially when there was a less expensive add on set released around the same time that was good enough given the limitations of the figures.

Actually I think there had been talk of Microblaze releasing their Onslaught figure as Impactor for Ruination. Although I don’t know if that was something that was a serious consideration.

In any case I don’t think it’s fair to compare this Motormaster to Microblaze Onslaught, since the CW figures are generally more successful as combiners compared to FOC Bruticus. All five of those figures were weak in combined mode at best while CW Motormaster is generally considered the main weak link among the Stunticons.

The available upgrades do help, the nonnef ratchets most especially. The others are good enough for what they are, but are far from perfect - despite what Perfect Effect calls itself.

Basically, if this figure hadn’t been canceled and turned out great, I’m at least one person who would have readily replaced my CW Motormaster with it. Based on what I’ve seen on these boards I know I’m not the only one. Is that enough people to warrant Black Mamba releasing their Motormaster though? Apparently not I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  5. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Dear Black Mamba,

I held out hope for 3 years that someone would fix Menasor, I thought those people were you. My heart has been smashed and the pieces scattered, much like my Stunticon limbs.

Sincerely,
    Shadowbug

• Like Like x 2
  6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    It may not be fair, but given there's only been 2 real 3P "upgrade" combiner torsos that have been released, it's all we have to compare.

Honestly, the Onslaught figure itself wasn't so bad. it was the remaining add on bits that were prone to parts leprosy. The parts that connected to Swindle especially had issues with simply falling off the figure in combined mode.

However, while it may be true that the Combiner Wars figures are far more "successful" as combiners when compared to the FoC Bruticus or PCCs, I think the same criticisms apply. Especially in hindsight, a lot of the CW figures don't really age well.. and they're only 2-3 years old! While the addition of an upgrade motormaster would satisfy some people, other clearly feel that what they have is good enough, especially in light of how blah the CW stunticons kind of are.

7. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

There's 165 replies on this thread. And probably what, 30 people actually discussing this. This board is proof that the concept was a waste if their time and energy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grimuli

Grimuli Well-Known Member

Honestly though I wanted the sword more.

9. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

Amazing leaps of logic here.
    There are numerous reasons one company can fall apart besides sales.

I've been saying for a while now that a good CW Motormaster and Optimus upgrade would be using an added trailer to bulk the figure up to somewhere between CW combiner and Titan class.

I definitely would've purchased this figure though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    I would've bought it. Im the only one who matters.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

TFM Havok is a complete upgrade kit! :p 

You don't need anything else!

• Like Like x 1
  12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh great wise one, please share your vast wisdom with us so that we might not make "amazing leaps of logic" in the future. (sorry don't know how to do blue text and i really don't care enough to learn)

to be blunt, microblaze put out one figure, then folded. was it the figures fault? maybe, maybe not, but the fact that they folded after putting out one figure cannot be disputed

13. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

I concur. Great minds think alike except that mine’s a little greater.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

Microblaze Creations Military titans sold out everywhere. Logically the company must be succesful.

Lol I couldnt resist

• Like Like x 3
  15. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well now that they dropped this project, can someone come along and just make this:
    1ksbbqB1qcffyto3_1276.png
    Most of the design work is already done for you just refine it a bit. Maybe Open & Play, they're known for simple yet affordable figures and aren't opposed to borrowing engineering.

16. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No, I think YOU AND OTHERS are missing MY point:

I did not say he specifically said that he knew no one wanted it, I said he "acted" like no one else wanted it as though everyone else either sold their Stunticons, and/or refused to ever touch them again. How hard is that to understand?!
    I would buy that.
    I know, right?
    And yet the point you keep making (that that is the reason they went under, supposedly) CAN be disputed.

17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

This is my point of view in this matter. I have all the CW Stunticons limbs connected to CW Cyclonus and never bought Motormaster because I don't like how the CW version turned out to be. If someone makes one that is better, I might be interested. But then reading this thread I saw mentioned the Lonewolf figure and checked it, and if Black Mamba was aiming for the same price point, well there is no way I'm paying $100+ for a CW compatibile figure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

Oh don’t worry they’re a ko company. It’d be dirt cheap.

19. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, point out a 3p combiner torso meant to go with official products that was released by a 3rd party that was well recieved.

20. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

A sample size of 2 is not adequate to make a case for either side of the argument. You are pushing way to hard on this; my suggestion to you is to just bow out of this thread as you seem to just want to stir the pot.

• Like Like x 1