"black hawk down theme" DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daformer, Feb 26, 2011.

1. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Michael Bay says

[​IMG]

you see Sam in the blue car on the right, everyone's evacuating and he's heading towards the invasion.
    like bay said
    "small group of heroes in a city"

so we may not expect the whole US army.

so what do you guys think about all this?

2. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    What do I think about all this FUCK YES

Screw the army about time to see Autobots and cons only fighting.

Bay said there was no back up from the army this just a group of soliders , so meaning that we MORE ROBOT ACTION

I want to see this beautiful sexy blue car driving through the battle zone

[​IMG]

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I guess the third movie might become satisfying :) 

4. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

If it's just a small bunch of Autobots and humans shooting off against a massive horde of 'cons, that would be CRAZY AWESOME. In fact, it kind of reminds me of something...

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If he can pull it off it's a great plan for the film.

Bay has a wonderful eye for detail when it comes to destruction. So I think he can really make a city look like an actual warzone. Visually that's going to be more appealing to people because most people are more familiar with buildings than they are with sand. Kind of easier to get a feeling of scale when it's something you kind of know the size.

It should also do wonders for the mood of the film. There just isn't a feeling of tension if it feels like all the heroes needed was a few more jets or a few grenade launchers to win. Ouch and few things were as disappointing as a rail gun to take down the biggest Transformer on film yet. A feeling like the heroes in the city are the only thing between freedom and Decepticon domination of the planet would make for some really nice film tension. It also makes the heroes bigger heroes when they have to do it all on their own rather than just calling in an air strike to win.

6. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

That's one of my favorite things that Bay has said about the film. I loved Black Hawk Down. It's a nice "against the odds" feel. I'm so pumped for this movie! It still feels so far away! And checking this board everyday isn't helping lol jk

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    this gonna be the best TF yet. nuf said

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. Often it's just 'Bring the rain' and job done. Explosions, yes, but not really satisfying to me on a more character personal struggle level.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With the odds against them and not being able to call in help it's got me thinking it might be kind of like Aliens 2. You've got that great feel in Aliens 2 of a small band of Marines and civilians against a horde of lethal Alien Warriors and then the Alien Queen.

So if the Decepticons get toughened up a bit and start to feel a little more lethal it could be a really great moment of the Autobots and humans having to fight there way out of nearly impossible odds. The really epic movie battles tend to be the hardest fights for the good guys to win.

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I just watch Black Hawk Down last night and I kept imagining Autobots in there. I have even more hope for TF3 now