Black Friday TF Sales - Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darkprime, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

Sweet! Maybe now my logic circuit will allow me to buy the Falcon

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

No wonder they've got dozens of them in overstock. I was wondering what was up with that.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Awesome. I'm totally going to get it now, especially since my dad thinks it looks pretty cool. Besides, isn't the general consensus that it's the best Star Wars Transformer so far?

5. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Yeah frok what I hear it is, but still not cool enough to get me out in that madness. I made it to wal-mart the year they had the landfills, and have sworn to NEVER, and I mean Never do it again. I have never seen adults act in such an embarassing fashion over crap that would be broken in a week. Sad, truly sad.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone seen the MF set with the Titanium extras at Target? I saw them today at Downtown Disney's Once Upon a Toy, but haven't noticed any others. For that price, I would consider buying another one.

7. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    Good. I haven't wanted to spend good money on that toy. But I can spend bad money no problem.

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that was supposed to be a Walmart exclusive.

9. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I might just have to brave the nightmare of Black Friday to get it. $15 is an awesome deal for the toy.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Great. I could've spent $15 on a not-so-good toy instead of $40. Stupid impulse buy. :p 

'Cest la vie.

11. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I got mine for $10. When it first came out. Two of them. At Wal-mart. :p  Take that stupid Target!

And that's the ONLY reason I have it. It's been in Falcon mode ever since, virtually untouched.

It would, however, explain why they're stockpiling them in my area. Those who want it will get it, but I can all but guarantee those aren't gonna fly off shelves... but hey, truth is stanger than fiction sometimes.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, I'm more inclined to think that the Millenium Falcon is going on sale because there's a lot of them just sitting around, rather than there's a lot of them sitting around in preparation for the sale. Every store I visit (2 TRUs, 4 Targets, 1 Wal-Mart) have tons of those things on the shelves that don't seem to move at all, so I'm not surprised that Target's discounting the damn things just to get rid of them and clear out some of the considerable shelf space they take up for other Christmas stock.

13. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Could be, but typically, from when I worked in retail, black friday ads were planned out sometime earlier than november (typically august) to allow strategic alliances to be formed with suppliers to get them in time.

I had a feeling that these were going to be up on black friday. Every target I've been to lately has had somewhere near 100 of these bad boys sitting on the top shelf. At least it looks like 100. I believe I saw stacks of 20 up there.

14. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't care much for the Star Wars TFs, but the Target in my area has TONS of the Han/Chewie one. Almost half of the top shelf in the isle at Target is TF Falcons. For $15, it's a great deal. I won't be buying, but I'm sure many will.

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    No they're stockpiling them in anticipation of the sale. The SWTF Millenium Falcon what's known at Target as a "riser product." There's certain items throughout the store that are specifically designated for the risers above the sections(which Target only has for the 4th quarter). It's in the toy book, so Target is banking on getting a lot of sales out of the two-day ad sale, as well as parents coming and getting it for their kids who've seen it in the toy book.

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's an amazing price for a very cool, and under-rated set.

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I was in Target yesterday for the Tech Deck Dude Prime, and all I could think was "how the hell are they gonna move that mountain of Falcons?" Like others have said, probably a hundred...maybe not a hundred, but a LOT of those at Target.

I guess at $15 it's a steal, considering they charge that much for a regular SWTF.

18. ChickenWing

ChickenWing Well-Known Member

Yawn!!!!

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I am not surprised, I don't think any of them have been sold since they came out.:lol 

20. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

That cheap? I'll buy one for that price, my local target has what amounts to a pallet of them clogging the shelves.