black battle convoy/scourge/and nemesis prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 1, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people when it comes to car robots in disguise black battle convoy/ scourge, nemesis prime/scourge of transformers armada/micron and nemesis prime of transformers universe i got a question.

have they ever once explained scourges story when it comes to his escaping from the off world prison colony he was sent to at the end of rid or for that matter how he went about making the transition from scourge to nemesis prime or how he came to encounter unicron for that matter and managed to become unicron's prime avatar and champion?

me i figure in some part we may very well be seeing a version of his character again at sme point inthe idw mythos but how that version of him ties into the character i am totally stumped for the time being.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's been a really long time since I watched RID, and I can't remember much about the show, but, I thought that Scourge and Nemesis Prime were 2 different characters, especially since they are from 2 different continuitys of the Transformers "story".

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And y'know ... Scourge and Nemesis prime having different names n'all. :) 

5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    R.I.D. Scourge was created by having a protoform scan Optimus Prime, a Tanker Truck, and a human at the same time.

A/E/C Nemesis Prime was just another avatar of Unicron.

Universe Nemesis Prime on the other hand could be Scourge though, since he was a clone of Optimus Prime that was tortured and twisted by Unicron.

6. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

oh god, there's that name again... black battle convoy. in car robots he's simply known as black convoy. true he is a repaint of battle convoy, but they dropped the battle from it. there is no black battle convoy.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

and yet scourge and nemesis prime each have startling and rather unnerving resemblance to one another when you compare each of them to the other.

and then theres the fact that in the japanese translation of armada nemesis prime was named scourge so apparantly someone at the time believed their to be some kind of a connection between the 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scourge_(Transformers)#Transformers:_Robots_In_Disguise
    for scourge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_Prime

for nemesis prime

me i figure both of them are one and the same person at variouse points in time over the years.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

RiD Scourge and Armada Nemesis Prime have the same relationship with each other that RiD Optimus Prime and Armada Potimus Prime have, character familiarity and copyright protectment.

Much like *many* other characters in the TF universe, the character and concept of the 'evil prime' was used and re-used time and time again. They're two totally different and unrelated characters from two totally different and unrelated continuities.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, both are based on Optimus and share the same colour scheme. Kinda hard not to have a resemblance when you start with that!

The only mistake you've made there, you've swapped continuities. In Japan, it's Battle Convoy and Scourge. In the West, it's Scourge and Nemesis Prime. You can't really say that because a Western release called one version one thing, then the name was reused for the Japanese version that there is a connection.

You're completely welcome to have the two be one and the same in your personal continuity, though. I'll make this suggestion at a connection, too - because Unicron is capable of traversing or gazing into different bits of the TF Multiverse, perhaps he happened to see Scourge / Black Convoy and was so inspired by what he saw, that he crafted his own servant in that image.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both are cool, but I think RiD Scourge kicks Nemmy Prime's ass!

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, well, I'd say that considering that they both are evil versions of Prime and the black, teal and grey gimmick seems to be the base repaint idea for an evil Prime... it's hard not to look alike when you have that kind of thing going on.

Yes, but in the Japanese version of RID (Car Robots) RID Scourge was named Black Convoy. I'm going to say that the connection might have been as little as them paying homage to the American name and that's about it.

Only problem with that is that RID and the Unicron Trilogy (A/E/C) aren't set in the same Universe. Now, if you want to say that they are in your personal continuity than that's all well and good, but officially they are not.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Considering the powers of Unicron, it's not too much of a stretch to think he could snatch a Transformer from one continuity and use it in another. TFClub comics blend continuities all the time as well. Still, I don't believe RID Scourge is Universe Nemesis Prime. Unicron would not have had to torture Scourge that much to bend him to his will. Futheremore Scourge/Black Convoy wasn't a Matrix bearer. My guess is the orignal Optimus Prime clone that became Universe Nemesis Prime was much in character like Optimus Prime himself. Anyway, that leaves one last question. What was a clone doing with a Matrix? :) 

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, I could see Unicron doing that, but like you said... Nemesis Prime is stated to be a clone of Prime not Scourge/Black Convoy from RID/CR.

As for Universe Nemesis Prime, rather than a clone, his TFClub Bio stated that the last thing he remembered before his torture was Megazarak (a Botcon exclusive Armada Megatron repaint) leaving him to rust forever with his Matrix. Meaning he's from whatever universe Megazarak was supposed to be from. Which, considering these guys were intended to be for TFUniverse, it could be from any reality.

The Armada one was just a clone created by Sideways on the fly and was decimated by the reborn Optimus Prime and Overload combo. Also, I believe it didn't have a personality of it's own either. It pretty much was under Sideways control and when Prime destroyed it Sideways 'spirit' ...or whatever it was... could be seen flying away like it did when Megatron destroyed Sideways with the Star Saber.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Black Convoy/Scoure is his own character in RID, a protoform tainted by Megatron that ended up being a Decepticon; check.

Armada Nemesis Prime/Scourge was just Sideways morphed into an Optimus like form to go and kill some Autobots and Decepticons. When they eventually beat him you can see Sideways groaning in pain and I think it was Hot Shot who was all like "Was that...Sideways?"

Universe Nemesis Prime comes from some completely other alternate G1 universe were Mega Zarak left him to die near the rust sea. Unicron gobbled him up then tortured him until he broke and became a servant of Unicron.

Three completely separate characters hailing from three completely separate universes that just happen to share similar names and color schemes.

DN

15. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Slightly OT But

Personally, I like the Nemesis Prime namesake better because it's a name that(IMHO) fits an evil clone of Optimus Prime. When I think of Scourge, I think of Galvatron's minion made by Unicron. I just think Hasbro named it Scourge to keep the copyright.