BIS Comic = future releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bsutton1, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen some discussion of whether or not Warpath, who is in the Battle in Space set comic, will be a future Generations/RTS/United release? Their are other characters I wonder about such as the Dinobots and Wheelie or maybe a new Ultra Magnus or Galvatron. For those that have the comic, what do you think?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Well, Kup in that comic was based upon his future release so you never know.

3. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see the rest of the Dinobots being released in a Legends Scale, with a Scout Wheelie and maybe a Deluxe/Voyager Warpath on the way.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Galvatron, Ultra Magnus, the Dinobots, Devastator, and Wheelie all seemed to based on their G1 cartoon models but Warpath seemed to have a new design, hopefully that's a sign of him getting a figure.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Warpath and Wheelie were release as legends in Universe/classics 2.0. The comic renditions look like the toys to me.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Id love to see a Voyager Warpath.

7. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was that red and black bot (between Devastator, Rumble, and Lugnut) on the page depicting the Autobot City battle supposed to be Frenzy? I know we haven't seen any official photos or announcements about him by Hasbro, but he seems likely, and that robot seemed to have similar features to RtS Rumble.

+-MWG-+

8. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind the Wincharger mold for Wheelie with a new head of course. If we do get a Warpath I hope it's a new mold.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

If Legends-class is the only way to get more Dinobots, I'd rather not have them. They need to be Deluxes, at the very least. Even better, Voyagers with a new Grimlock mold!

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better Legends than nothing. I love Legends figures. But I'd rather have deluxes.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude i hope they actually make a CHUG Warpath as well as Wheelie, A New Galvatron and even Devastator.

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are there scans knocking about of the BiS comic for those who don't need to buy it?

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I wonder if they will use galvatron mold or straxxus mold or rotf brawl mold? For warpath
    Dlx size is the cheapest way other than legends to release everybody,imo

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Like I said before, they were already release in CHUG as legends, I don't think they will get larger toys any time soon since there are other more important characters to do.

Sure Jazz and Hound got legends, however they are way more important characters then Wheelie and Warpath.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i really doubt hasbro has any current plans to do a new dinobots/ grimlock toy seeing how they just released MP grimlock a few months ago....

warpath..perhaps...the movie did a crappy repaint deco named after him...otherwise he has just not been shown any real love lately...

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

While I'd agree for the most part, Hasbro has been doing some real out-there figures in the Deluxe class. Darkmount/Straxus, Thunderwing, and the Banzai-Tron repaint are all based off of characters that the TF fandom would know exponentially more about than the average parent or kid. Heck, we're also getting the Black Shadow retool and Scourge is possibly getting a retool into Leozack! Add in the fact Warpath is both a tank AND in the BiS comic, he stands a good chance for getting a new toy (because tanks tend to sell a bit better). The only catch is how Hasbro would modify the figure and sell it again, since EVERY figure we've gotten since the start of Generations that was a new deluxe class mold save three of the WfC figures has gotten at the very least a head retool released of seen in instructions.

17. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could retool a Warpath into the Movie line, like the Sparkcrusher repaint in the Legends 5 Pack.

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ^^^^sparkcrusher is instant win!^^^^

i grabbed 2 of those off ebay...they look great sitting atop trypticon in city mode with them both in tank mode...awesome color scheme.

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    while I could see them making warpath, I really hope they don't. personally there are so many characters out there that should have priority.

I really like the idea of making all the dinobots as legends that could be fun.

The comic is pretty fun, though. I like how they tried to make it a side story during the movie, so that more characters were involved with all the battles and what not.

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Purely my opinion, of course, but better nothing. Legends Dinobots fit in with nothing else. Others may disagree, but I have no desire at all to see Legends Dinobots released.