Birthday Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdicon, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    Tomorrow is my birthday. and as is customary my parents got me a transformers toy (has been going on since 1st birthday.)
    They Bought me the Transformers movie chess set. Any of ya'll got it? what do you think of it?
    They were trying to get the legacy of bumble bee set because walmart has them on clearance for 9.00 but they found that instead.

2. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha, I feel bad for those that bought that set for 30+ bucks. I'm surprised it's on clearance already, especially since the other day he was still selling at full retail price at my local store.

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    oh man, $9... that's hard to pass on. I might have to get it for the new classics BB. anyways, back to topic: It's alright. The pieces are deceptively light. They look like they'll be heavy in the box but they're actually hollow. When I got mine for christmas it smelled heavily of paint so I had to leave it out to air out for a few days while we left town. The pieces are pretty neat looking, but the autobots are all bronze and the decepticons are all silver. Other than that, it's chess not much to expect. Transformers monopoly, on the other hand, is a lot of fun. Especially if you have a few legends class or Robot heroes to use as playing pieces.

4. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

oh that is a cool idea with the monopoly. Might have to buy it and do that. The Chess, i passed on. Only way i'll buy it if there are zero figs out. Now if the pieces were painted then i would be all over it.

5. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

happy Birthday dude, and may you still score a $9 set :p 

6. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Well, if you've got the cash you could always buy enough robot hereoes to make a chess set. That was something I was planning on doing a while ago. It was just gonna cost a bit too much. but if you can wrangle up 16 of each faction and remember guys are which piece then you're good to go!

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, I got the chess set a couple of weeks ago for a tenner. The playing pieces are pretty nicely sculpted, but I'm disappointed with the fact that the 'silver' and 'gold' is actually pretty poorly applied paint, IMO. I'm gonna try repainting all the pieces, giving the figures their proper colourschemes, and painting the bases in a more convincing metallic style.

8. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I snagged the set on clearance a few months back. It's really quite a nice set. I suppose that if the pieces were meant to be shelf-sitters, I'd complain about their lack of paint. As it is(it IS chess), I'm quite fond of the little silver and bronze fellows. They're sculpted very well.