Birthday Haul (and some complaints)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

My wife rocks! She got me Firefly on Blu-ray, Animated Swoop (Animated Dinobots: complete), Universe Silverstreak (Ark crew complete, short of a G1 Huffer), and Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp (original Seeker trio complete, + one extra Target exclusive Classics Skywarp).

But here are the complaints:

1) The package for my Silverstreak was SO EFFED UP. Beyond mangle-ment. Thank goodness 'Streak was okay...he looks great.

2) For a $70 + figure, my Henkei Thundercracker (my holy grail for the past year or so) was somewhat disappointing. His wing joints are loose, one of the rear stabilizer fin assemblies is wacked out, and the missile launchers will not peg into his arms properly. They fit the wings just fine, but they are uber loose in this arms, like the arm holes were drilled way too big or something (not that they drill them, but you know).

I'm tempted to open the Skywarp to see if he is in similar shape, but since I already have the Target Skywarp, I'm just going to leave him MISB (only the 4th time I will ever have done that).

Did anyone else who got Henkei Thundercracker have any issues?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe a lot of people had problems with their Thundercrackers.

How did you "complete" the Ark crew without Wheeljack, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Gears and Windcharger?

3. Autobot X

Substitutions:

Wheeljack: Energon Downshift
    Jazz: Animated Jazz
    Trailbreaker: 2007 Movie Ironhide w/ Trailbreaker reprolabels
    Brawn: G1
    Windcharger: G1
    Gears: G1

I have G1 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper too, but I use the Classic figures for these. I realize that my substitutions aren't perfect (especially Jazz), but it's the best I can do at this point.

I Just have to pick up one of the $11 dollar Huffers from ebay, and I'll be good to go.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, every Henkei Thundercracker has had those problems. Thankfully I already had the Botcon one or I think I'd be pretty ticked off to pay $70 plus for a figure and it have those kind of issues.

Also, might I suggest Botcon Huffer in place of G1 Huffer. Very nice figure I have it myself and it's as good as any of the other Classics figures.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Nice haul! You must have a cool wife.

6. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats what I use too :) 

7. Autobot X

I'd love to, but he's expensive. I'd really like to have the entire set from that year, but I don't have that much disposable income.

The fact that I got TC and SW was, frankly, astounding.

8. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    skywarp is like that too, although not as bad, still some qc issues, and i heard the American release is much tighter...

Awesome Haul BTW! =)

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, yeah. That whole set can get expensive. Though, I think Huffer can be had for about $60ish on ebay unless he's gone up since last year. Though, I don't really know if that's affordable for you or not. Still, Huffer is cool and I totally recommend him if you can get him.

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Legends Brawn is a great addition to the ark crew too if you can track one down

And forgot, :bday 

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, happy b-day dude and that is a nice haul btw! Great wife you've got there. :) 

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    one of my biggest regrets was not getting the minibot legends the one time i saw them....passed them over for smokescreen (and was saving the rest for dinobot.....who knew the next day i would get fort max lol)

13. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great haul dude. At least your wife knows what you want. The only thing my wife bought me was a City Commander Armor set when it first came out. And I had to tell her what I wanted and put the order in myself. Oh wells. It was a great gift though. Yeah, Henkei TC= fail. The Botcon one is much nicer for that reason. I hear the Henkei Dirge and Thrust has better QC than the Henkei TC and SW though.

14. Autobot X

That's definitely good to know, because they (along with the Ramjet I skipped) are on my wishlist, too.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

OH YEAH, FIREFLY ROXXORZ!!!

Everything else is MEH!

:p 

16. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes i was highly pissed off when i got thundercracker not so much skywarp he was fine but I got mine at botcon and was dissapointed with TC, Will probally pick up the botcon one later on. Happy Birthday also :D 

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For Henkei TC, use Nail Hardener for the loose wing joints (remove wing carefully or the post could break). Use Nail Hardener for the holes that that the missile launchers go into (the shoulders). Dries clear. Let dry, test. Keep adding coats (let dry completely each time) until you acheive the desired tightness. Mine took 3 coats. Some could be more, for others, maybe less. Hope that helps.

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

It's true. I have all 4 of them (I refuse to get the Botcon ones on sheer principal. Don't get me started, I really don't want to be the one that degrades this into another Botcon seeker bull thread) and I can tell you Thrust and Dirge are better QC wise. My TC has the arm missile looseness, but not too bad and otherwise is perfectly tight and functional. Skywarp I have no complaints. Thrust... Thrust is freakin awesome! I think even if I had been able to afford to go to Botcon in 2007 and was able to get that version I'd be pissed over this one, it's so much better. The pics only ever show the thrusters on the rear wings, but they are removeable and can be pegged to the forward wings. Looks perfect in that configuration. I also like that Dirge's wings are a separate mold from Ramjet's also better than the Botcon version IMO. The only really horrendous complaint I've had with the Henkei seekers is my copy of Starscream. His upper right leg is actually his upper left leg. I drilled a socket out and reversed it, but still.

Also, happy birthday and seriously nice haul. Especially Firefly, that whole series is instant win.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For some reason when I saw the title I thought of Long Haul then Birthday Long Haul then Birthday Suit Long Haul. Figured it was a future repaint done up in silver with a lot of exposed screws. :lol 

You can still find Henkei Brawn for a reasonable price and his colors are better then the Hasbro version. Or you can substitute in Cybertron what's his name.