Biotech (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This new ep of prime explained Bee's voice issue in a way that was cheesy but excusable.
    I like the whole this part will only work with the bot it came with, but I wonder if there is a way Ratchet an use our stem cell research to do... biotech cell repairs ? :confused2 

Just a thought.

Good ep, i just don't like Beepybee.

2. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

TFP is kind of turning into a cross between G1 or most other pure mechanical Transformers series and Beast Machines. I don't believe much of human science will be related to Cybertronian technology development though. Although it could give Ratchet an idea. And most TF shows or movies made in recent years seem to like the idea that humans and Transformers are alike. But it's still a giant leap to involve stem cell research to "re-grow" Transformers' parts

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm reminded of the first time I heard of Cybernetic DNA - I was very much all 'Errr.. really' ??

The idea of a characters guns only working for that Character is not such a daft idea to stop someone being killed for their weapons. But the idea of them not having some parts in common only make sense if Prime Transformers are born out of vats from protoforms like they are in the other R.I.D. but then that makes me wonder about cloning and what that would mean in story terms for Thundercracker & Skywarp if they ever used them.

4. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually think it's an understandable explaination. Unique parts for indivivual and unique bots. It explains why one can't just build or make a part. Similar to breakdowns eye.
    Whats preventing anyone from making another and replacing it? I like the reasoning.

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    IIRC, they explain something similar in the Movie prequel comics.

6. Moosetron

Moosetron AUGH AUGH AUGH!

Well, it'd explain why Unicron had a heartbeat.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    This show really bugs me with refering to them with organic terms. They're not organics, that's, well, kind of the fucking point of Transformers.

8. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    "Organic" to them, really. To make them feel less like "BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT HOW MAY I SERVICE YOUR GENITALS" and more like living beings that happen to be made out of some kind of alien metal. The movies tried doing this as well.

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of like the idea. They're truly alien life forms and not just machines.

The question is whether current technology is enough to regrow Cybertronian organs. And I doubt the autobots have the resources to take on such an endeavor. I think they'll desperately need outside help.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But the movies, ironically, did it well. They simply said "we're robotic organisms" and that's plenty. It lets people draw their own conclusions.

This show is coming across as forcing a specific viewpoint on us. We don't get to make our own assumptions on what it means, no, we're flat out told it's biology. You can't have the doctor call it robotics and biology at the same time. These words are not interchangable.

It really seems like the writers just have no idea what they're trying to say.

11. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I will admit that this is the only part of the TFP/RB universe I don't like.

12. BithTheRed

BithTheRed Active Member

like MECH?

13. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I couldn't agree with you more. I really would like them to say optics instead of eyes, and spark instead of a heart, something other than a brain. to me, it gives them an organic aspect that I'm not buying into.

14. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can see a US/UN "anti-MECH" group helping the Autobots.

15. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one would love the whole we're alive, but we're just made of living metal aspect.

We're biological in a way living metal can be biological :D  I'd love it to make the connection to humans closer...

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I don't mind stuff like eye or brain. Those words are used to describe non-organic things in real life. It's outright calling them organs and saying they're biological that bugs me.

17. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:

18. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I like the idea of living machines...oh wait...that's Transformers. Hmmm. I totally accept that they are robotic organisms...they are all different and can feel pain and have emotions. It's freaking alien metal...that's alive! I accept where this is going and I can't wait to see more. My opinion...for what it's worth.

19. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

It's possible that they're just using terms that the local life forms understand.

20. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think that we are all forgetting that the first canon explanation we were given for Cybetronian life was given way back in Marvel TF #1, where they said that life evolved form "natural occurring gears and pulleys". Sounds bio-mechanical to me. Though I still don't like the idea.