Bioshock or Resistance 2?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by General Magnus, Nov 25, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Which of these should I get? I can only afford one. I played the demo of Bioshock and found it interesting, but I already know the plot, although not in great detail. On the other hand, Resistance 2 comes out tomorrow in Portugal and I I have already played the first one and I am kind of curious to see the rest of the story.

So, which one should I get?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having a helovalot more fun with Resistance, but everyone will say Bioshock because it's artsy. It just never did it for me. And I bought it twice, sold it back both times... Why I bought twice? I couldn't understand why I didn't like something that had been receiving so much praise. And then I realized that the setting was brilliant, the lighting and style were through the roof, but it was confined behind the mechanics of a FPS. Resistance is an FPS, of course, but it knows it is. Bioshock's story and style hide behind clumsily shaking a crowbar around and the traditional hand in front of the screen. Hey, at least I tried, but I consider it to be one of the most overrated games of the last few years.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Do you care about Multiplayer?

If not then you'd be incredibly unwise to pass up Bioshock, which is the best single player FPS of last year.

However, if Multiplayer is your thing then you'd be totally insane to pass up Resistance 2.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I havent gotten to play Resistance, but I've seen it in action. Resistance FPS with a combat mindset to it (war, explosions, body count) while Bioshock is more an FPS with an adventure style to it (mystery, mostly all alone, bit of horror).

Hope that helps.

If it was me, I totally woulda bought Resistance 1st, then got Bioshock later, but no PS3 for me.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Twist is wise and says wise things.....

sometimes :D 

Seriously though he's right, two FPSs with their strong point in two totally different areas.

6. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Resistance

Single player is fun, but the meat is in the online multi player co-op.